Project Turkey 1.0

Arayas
Site Admin

Re: Project Turkey 1.0

Post by Arayas » June 28th, 2020, 6:05 pm

great, start the editor and make it right.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
MXTrucker

Post by MXTrucker » July 9th, 2020, 3:24 pm

According to scale, it's of course impossible to convert reality to ETS2,

But is it the main aim ?

May be two aspects have to be cared by modders & modelers :
The first is probably respecting the "spirit of the place", such as Grimes's done it with Paris Rebuilt. (Talking about city I know in game + IRL), while streets & buildings aren't at the right place.

The second concerns the preservation of living effects : trafic of course but cars/trucks parked, walkers, trees, flowers, signs on roads/streets, roads & terrains textures, shops, and +++, all this enormous "background" time-consuming ;
Isn't one of the hardiest point, more than a well-placed building ?

And no deal here about restrictive or mandatory technical aspects

May be one day we will play "Google Earth Simulator" ?
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » July 9th, 2020, 4:19 pm

Talking about 1:19 scale maps: (i'm not that sure about maps maded from Google Maps images who are 7 years old)

The fact the sceneries are somehow in the spirit of the local place and if our art critic above can identify certain places it's a good thing. The price we will pay is the FPS rate.

Real life has no place here, i was IRL in places replicated in other maps in ETS2, none of it has the real flavour.
You can recognize a sign or a border check or a certain junction, but that's an illusion.
I was in all parts of Romania depicted by the last DLC, none of is looking real, except 3-4 details planted there for artistic impression. Not to say about "not even close" look of the Romania maded by other maps. Sorry fan-boys!
Sadly, the subject in ETS2 is not "realism" talking about this kind of scale. It's about "expectations".

SCS had for every DLC a topic like "Iberia disscution" now. Is my favorite reading, the place has honey for flies, i mean "art critics", expecting Google Maps to take its place in ETS2. I have read all the post from Black Sea DLC, mainly about Romania expectation.
It was so funny, some of them had no clue about how ETS2 works, having the most ridiculous posts about their expectation ever. I was convinced that SCS wont deliver on those non-senses, but the final result was even bad than my expectations.
The only good thing was the FUN after DLC release, reading those "expert" opinions for 9 months and seeing the shit they got in the end....PRICELESS! The same fun i have now reading "expert" posts in Iberia forum.

SCS has it right in the end ignoring art critics. They have it wrong in some places just because their info gathering was shit.
(Bran castle=Dracula Castle? :sarcastic_hand: :sarcastic_hand: :sarcastic_hand: :sarcastic_hand: :sarcastic_hand: :sarcastic_hand:)

When i have started making Romania in my first steps i have started to receive thousands of mails from idiots: "you didnt placed the Court House in my city", "you dont have the xxxx statue on center" "you didnt maded my neighborhood in my city, it has only old houses" and so on.
There are plenty of people mistaken this game with Google Maps. No offence, but i suspect a little lack of inteligence in this cases. It's a game. A city has 5 streets. Live with that and accept it.
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Sky

Post by Sky » July 10th, 2020, 8:48 pm

+1 :good2:
kalaka27

Post by kalaka27 » July 11th, 2020, 2:49 am

1-There is an invisible wall in Ankara junction
2- there is a code difference when jumping on the bridge in ankara highway,
3-samsun amasya ankara highway code difference from 190 to 42 descends with a load
shall I write your mistakes

arayas
kamilogludeniz95

Post by kamilogludeniz95 » July 11th, 2020, 9:41 am

3-samsun amasya ankara highway code difference from 190 to 42 descends with a load

arayas
Look to ProjectTurkey Bugs topic..

TR: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1590 / Bu konuya gidip yazabilirsin
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » July 11th, 2020, 1:05 pm

kalaka27 wrote:
July 11th, 2020, 2:49 am

arayas
I have a few questions for you, honest ones. You have been banned once for similar problems. Now...
1.you keep posting pictures on forum using our "attachment" server space we pay for, instead of using IMGURL or other external server.
Q: If i warned you 3 times until now about this problem, do you think is fair to ban you, or i should just let you be?

2.you sent me a PM with "what's your problem?" subject, stating something like (not in this words, but...) i should STFU because you will decide eventually to publish your modifications to Turkey.
Q: Who gave you the permission to publish anything, who gave you permission to even post pictures in an official topic like you are part of my team (and you are NOT)?
3.your post above is about BUGS.
Q: Do you think you are special to post it outside the BUGS topic?

4."shall I write your mistakes arayas?"
Q1: Judging from the fact this map passed many-many-many modifications, relocations, rescalling and so on, did i ever said is perfect?
Q2: Why do you think we have a BUGS topic if is perfect?
Q3: Do you think your patronizing attitude agains me (shall I write your mistakes arayas) is gonna help you in any way?

Q4: Do you think i have something to learn from you, in life, in general or about ETS2? Let me answer this for you: NO.

I have seen your posts all over every forum, all the same, 3 words, funny pictures, nobody understand your problems or what do you talk about.
Not knowing english is not an obvious barrier but Google Translate needs some substance to start with. If your original (turkish?) text is monosilabic, Google Translate doesnt make you look smarter, its just pictures you as you are.

Now, you already have a warning, lets just say my banning finger on the mouse is very sensible, but i will let you respond on this questions first, i am just curious.
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro