[GUIDE] Multi-Monitor Setups - Tricks For Setting Up Mismatched/Unconventional Resolutions (Bypass Nvidia Surround)

Make your game even better
sirhideo

Re: [GUIDE] Multi-Monitor Setups - Tricks For Setting Up Mismatched/Unconventional Resolutions (Bypass Nvidia Surround)

Post by sirhideo » January 7th, 2023, 10:30 am

There we go...

Thank you very much for your help!!! Really appreciate it!!
haze1986

Re: [GUIDE] Multi-Monitor Setups - Tricks For Setting Up Mismatched/Unconventional Resolutions (Bypass Nvidia Surround)

Post by haze1986 » January 27th, 2023, 9:41 am

Hi, just started to get SRWE working after sometime. My config is a 2560 x 1440 (left) and a 3440 x 1440 (right) (primary) and I thought this should be straight forward. I managed to setup SRWE to move to the left. However I see that the game UI is stretched. I went into the game driving and found it to be the right aspect ratio but the image seems to be more blurry. Just wanted to check if SWRE stretches the window? I believe I have set ETS2 at the right resolution of 6000 x 1440.

My SWRE config for ATS below:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<SRWE Version="1.0">

-<Profile>

<Window ExStyle="20040B00" Style="14C80000" Height="1483" Width="6020" PosY="-33" PosX="-2570" HierID="1"/>

</Profile>

</SRWE>
Thank you.
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » January 27th, 2023, 5:30 pm

@haze1986 - If the UI is stretched and it looks blurry, then it's probably the wrong resolution. You can't tell looking at SRWE, easiest way is to take a screenshot when in game.

If the size of the image is your primary monitor (3440x1440), then it's wrong. The size should be the size you set in config.cfg (6000x1440).
a1337cookie wrote:
January 7th, 2023, 10:13 am
Make sure you're not skipping any steps when starting the game. So you should:
  1. Start the game
  2. Go to Options, set Vsync to Enabled, hit apply
  3. Press Esc to revert changes
  4. Alt + Tab out and use SRWE to resize window
Changing Vsync and reverting is crucial. If you don't do this, the game ignores the resolution you put into config.cfg and just uses the default resolution...
I'm hoping to update this guide soon and make this more clear.
J4RB

Post by J4RB » August 5th, 2023, 12:09 pm

I have been playing around with it and things are working. However, I have a dual monitor setup and want the main display to be the right monitor. The game thinks the left display is the main and renders the steering wheel on that one. When I turn the camera so that the steering wheel is on the right monitor it looks weird and the movements are weird.

The right monitor is set to be the main monitor in the Windows display options.

The game UI shows perfectly fine on the right monitor.

I have tried setting the right monitor as the first one listed in the multimon_config.sii file, but no luck.

I am not sure what else I can do, any suggestions?
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » August 5th, 2023, 11:34 pm

@J4RB - Are you using my FOV calculator? You should enter in the measurements for the center and left monitors, leave the other line blank. Once you apply the settings, it should look correct. Link to calculator: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2206

Another way to fix it, if you don't want to use the calculator for some reason, is to set horizontal_fov_relative_offset to 1 for left monitor, and 0 for right monitor. That's assuming you downloaded the default dual monitor file from the NPI AA post.
silberfuchs67

Post by silberfuchs67 » March 19th, 2024, 9:26 pm

Hi, hopefully this is the right place to ask for help. I am trying since hours to set up my new triple screens with multimode 4 and got it working except one small thing. I am using 3 32“ curved screens 5760x1080 (1500degrees). I played with several different values using the basic calculator and also some examples from the forum. There seems always a small angle between center and right screen or center and left screen. „Lines are going a little bit downwards“ May be you can see this on my screenshot. It‘s not a big issue but I would like to know where my mistake is ….

Thanks a lot for your support!

a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » March 19th, 2024, 11:50 pm

@silberfuchs67 - Seems like that's just the distortion caused by the curve, there's not really a great way to fix it. If you haven't already, you can try using the Hybrid Calculator to split the center monitor into 2, to more closely approximate the curve. You can read more about curve compensation in my FOV guide. Link: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2125
silberfuchs67

Post by silberfuchs67 » March 20th, 2024, 7:00 pm

Thanks for your feedback and support! I will check if I am able to use the Hybrid Calculator at the weekend and keep you informed.
KaineValkyrie

Post by KaineValkyrie » April 23rd, 2024, 6:30 am

Hi there. Thanks so much for all of this information. I've been playing with triples for a while now because of it and it's so much better.

I had a question about the alignment of the screens. I'm using two 1920x1080's on my left/right, and a 3820x2160 for my main/center monitor. Everything works fine, but I'm getting two thick black 'void' spaces on the tops of both of my side monitors.

So, logically, that tells me that the SWRE window is properly aligned, but the actual physical monitors for the multimon settings in the hybrid calculator are not. I've played with these settings to try to get the offsets to be properly aligned, and nothing opens up those black voided spaces to allow output to show. If I try to move the window Y axis up in the SWRE, it also moves the center monitor up, which is not what I want to do.

Is there a way to fix this by chance?
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » April 24th, 2024, 1:38 am

@KaineValkyrie - The issue is with the virtual screen space, not the physical measurements. In Hybrid Calculator, you should adjust the vertical pixel offsets for your side monitors until the virtual screen space visualization diagram matches the configuration in Windows display settings or your graphics control panel.

For example, if you have your side monitors center aligned in your display settings, you will want a vertical pixel offset of 540 in the calculator. If they are bottom aligned, the vertical offset should be 1080. With no vertical pixel offset, it will be top aligned.