FREE wireless headtracking device (Android phone)

Make your game even better
fatih301081
VIP

Re: FREE wireless headtracking device (Android phone)

Post by fatih301081 » January 3rd, 2021, 2:33 am

@JHTrucker
Thanks. I had created a batch to clear the registry value ([HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\NaturalPoint\NATURALPOINT\NPClient Location]) . Your way is faster / easier.
System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i5-10400F
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1650 S

alonzam99

Post by alonzam99 » January 3rd, 2021, 3:21 pm

Why is not one answer to me and help with the latency probmem ?
@Arayas
@BenganJ
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » January 11th, 2021, 8:45 pm

ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 11th, 2021, 9:02 pm

@Arayas

I must admit, that I had NEVER thought I would see you using headtracking.
But isn't it damn natural to use it?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » January 11th, 2021, 10:23 pm

i am just lazy to change view left-right from keyboard :laugh2:
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 11th, 2021, 10:23 pm

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Spacedeck
PPM

Post by Spacedeck » January 17th, 2021, 4:15 am

Very interesting ideas you have here! I may even try some myself. I recently got in to trying out head tracking, not the stupidly expensive TrackIR! I have a PS Eye camera, so I've being using that along with FaceTrackNoIR. I know the PS Eye can be converted for use with infrared lights and I might consider this when I can afford to do so. Anyway, the tracing is alright, it works fairly well but setting up and getting the calibration right took some time, it was a lot of trial and error.

On these methods you've already tried, how much can they be customised? I have edited FaceTrackNoIR, so I don't have to turn my head as far to view the distance, also set up dead zones so the camera won't pan past that view point. I can also edit the speed at which the camera rotates. I have dead zones at the centre view as I find it harder to concentrate on driving with my camera moving a lot. I've limited looking up / down to very little as overall I don't tend to look up or down often.

It does the job but you have to be weary of a few things. Doing anything with your face, like yawning, touching or any making any kind of face can affect the face tracking, turning your head too far can lose the face tracking and depending on your room setup, you might need to get your face a little closer to the camera for it to start tracking again, but normally sitting back once it starts tracking is perfectly fine. Also I myself have found much better results from having a lamp light source close by but this doesn't get in the way or distract. Overall I've had a positive experience using this method. I want to save money and even if I go down the infrared route with something like a DELANClip, that's still another £30 for a wired headset or £50 for wireless! Even more if you was to buy the whole bundle from them. It get's to the point where you think, am I better off just buying TrackIR?
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » January 17th, 2021, 6:18 am

I'm not buiyng any "industrial" solution because i dont want to give alot of money for something they pay few bucks to make it. Open Track has all the settings you need to play with, and with the paid android software (10 bucks) i just seat with the phone in front of me (old car stand) and enjoy the ride. I can even charge my phone during gaming. Even the initial (funny) version worked fine. And all are wireless. A wireless device from those producers is more expensive. I looked many times on those devices, but its just not that important and this is working fine.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
danilozxf
PPM

Post by danilozxf » March 31st, 2021, 4:45 pm

Arayas wrote:
January 11th, 2021, 8:45 pm
@Arayas As you managed to change the position of the gps frame down, I tried several times but without success, I would like to leave it at the bottom in the right corner, I found a similar one, but it has 3 lines of information
System: Windows 10
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
Graphics: Gigabyte RTX 2070 3 Fans
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu7qwY ... 0uw/videos
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 31st, 2021, 5:22 pm

you talk about what? Advisor?
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro