DX11 strange "rubber banding" effect during driving - possible solution.

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: DX11 strange "rubber banding" effect during driving - possible solution.

Post by BenganJ » May 31st, 2021, 2:53 pm

@t2patel

No, you keep posting, but you also have to read what people write and you will find a hell lot
of information in the first post of the NPI topic and in many other posts there too.

EDIT: BTW, isn't the rubber banding problem solved by now? I suggest you return posting in the
NPI topic again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » May 31st, 2021, 3:36 pm

@t2patel

My English is not good and my comment the other day was misunderstood, but t2patel does not understand Bengan's comment.
I think we started talking about AA settings, but for AA it has to be 4x in your case. Already AA should have been the best.
For a smooth display when using NPI settings you have two choices: follow Bengan's settings or use Road Runner or my G-sync specific settings.
What is your definition of the best graphics?
If it's colour or brightness, you can use JHTrucker's settings or freestyle at your leisure.
Last advice. This is really the last time.
Intel i9-10850K OC 5GHz
Asus PRIME Z490-A
G.Skill DDR4-3600 32GB
MSI RTX 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G
Samsung SSD m.2 x2
t2patel

Post by t2patel » May 31st, 2021, 4:35 pm

there is no rubber banding effect...

Grandpa...
I told you before that I don't want you to do everything for me so doing testing on a trial & error basis at my end also, I am also reading all available information in the posts but you are often saying that each one has different hardware so the setting is also different.

And if all available information in the first post is compatible with all hardware then I would have got a similar result that others having.

So fact is that we need to change some settings as per available hardware and there is no offend in the same.

@clearF1
your English is better than mine. I am discussing with you guys to learn more as you all are master

Maybe you are right I am not understanding Bengan's comment

At present, I am doing testing so checking each parameter to know what effect I am getting eg. 8x was part of that but now after today's testing I am sure 4x is the best AA we have at present.

My definition of the best graphic is what you have at present although I am observing that the video's graphic is different than we have in the monitor.

I want to follow Bengan's advice only but I think I cannot understand. I dont know what to do next...

Hoping for the Best !!!
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 31st, 2021, 5:27 pm

@t2patel
So, then we move to the proper topic, please!
Grandpa...
I told you before that I don't want you to do everything for me so doing testing on a trial & error basis at my end also, I am also reading all available information in the posts but you are often saying that each one has different hardware so the setting is also different.

And if all available information in the first post is compatible with all hardware then I would have got a similar result that others having.

So fact is that we need to change some settings as per available hardware and there is no offend in the same.
Step 1-3 in first post is for EVERY possible setup. After check that it works, most of the information further down
has been tagged with FPS drop effect, where that is important, and from that you can choose proper settings for
YOUR card.

The problem with you is that you are always in such a hurry, stressed up, and adding your own mix of experimental
settings to what we suggest for you. Then you come back and complain about it NOT working as it is supposed to do.

Please, follow the instructions in first post, then if you get any problems, ask. I have a lot of other things to do
too, so I actually haven't got the full time to spend on you. You have to work for it too you know.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
t2patel

Post by t2patel » May 31st, 2021, 6:16 pm

BenganJ wrote:
May 31st, 2021, 5:27 pm
@t2patel
So, then we move to the proper topic, please!
Grandpa...

Step 1-3 in first post is for EVERY possible setup. After check that it works, most of the information further down
has been tagged with FPS drop effect, where that is important, and from that you can choose proper settings for
YOUR card.

The problem with you is that you are always in such a hurry, stressed up, and adding your own mix of experimental
settings to what we suggest for you. Then you come back and complain about it NOT working as it is supposed to do.

Please, follow the instructions in first post, then if you get any problems, ask. I have a lot of other things to do
too, so I actually haven't got the full time to spend on you. You have to work for it too you know.
Okie grandpa, we will discuss in the main forum for the game.

I think you are right.. I need to follow instructions and I will do that from now onwards.
robswfc

Post by robswfc » October 12th, 2022, 11:56 am

I am having the annoying rubberbanding issue again, really bad when driving through finland, don't know if it's bad optimization but certainly needs fixing as it's making the game unplayable. sort it out scs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz

16.0 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Unknownledge
PPM

Post by Unknownledge » October 19th, 2022, 6:09 pm

Hello there,
I have the rubberbanding too. I try a lot of things. I have the option in steam. I'm using the profile in nvidia inspector. Launch my in administrator. modify the avering window lenght, any value on it is the same.... Do you have a solution ? It is realy ennoying. I can't say it is unplayable but I didn't take a real pleasure to play. It is really ennoying me.
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » October 19th, 2022, 7:30 pm

Most people who have replied to this topic are not talking about "rubber banding" as stated in the first post.

From the top of the first post:
"This is a frame time fix and not a frame rate fix.
If your vsync fps are constantly dropping below the vsync level then this won't / can't fix that problem.

With vsync on, when you drive around the game world the driving motion will randomly, but suddenly, slow down and then rapidly speed back up. Repeating this for a few seconds or so making you feel like you are driving a frog down the road or "rubber banding" effect.
The framerate isn't dropping below vsync level at these moments."

So, in short, if you are talking about your fps going up and down, then this isn't the fix for you.
It's a fix (perhaps) when you have constant fixed fps and the forward driving motion is slowing down & speeding up.

With every game update its becoming more and more demanding to run, especially as it's still just running on 1 cpu core.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
Unknownledge
PPM

Post by Unknownledge » October 20th, 2022, 10:29 pm

Hello, for me it is really the "rubber banding" effect. With vsync I got 60 FPS and suddendly approximatively all 5 seconds I have a lag and yes I have the impression to drive like a frog. I test a lot of value to the t_averaging_window_length. Like 120 as before, 300 with *5 or more.... I also try 0. I have this since the patch before the actual.
Tomsun66
PPM

Post by Tomsun66 » November 6th, 2022, 11:30 am

t2patel wrote:
May 30th, 2021, 11:01 pm
Grandpa,

One question.
When I drive from outside (Chasing camera) I got constant FPS 60 in the city as well as highway.
The same road/time/place in cabin view FPS drop to 43 to 53
Why so?
t2patel wrote:
May 30th, 2021, 11:01 pm

Grandpa / Clear F1

I am getting 60 FPS constant almost all the time..yes there is a drop in city area and micro stutter at the roundabout and while taking turns right/left but as per clear F1 advice, I am ignoring the same.

My setting was following in this video
G sync on
Monitor RR : 120 hz
Frame rate limiter V3: 60 FPS
Maximum pre rendered frames : 1
vertical sync : Force on
AA 8xS (Combined 1x2 SS + 4x MS) & 8x Sparse grid supersampling
Ambient occlusion usage : Enabled

In game V sync Disabled

Please see this video. I don't know the quality of this video.

Thank you
Very easy, inside the cabin you have much more details, you have the mirrors (multiple), when raining even worse. If i drive to see the landscape i always sit on the roof, to have stable high framerates. Even if i get to the new designed towns in ATS/ETS2 i get framedrops as they use much more detailed assets now (compare Hungary to rebuild austria). In my opinion its also needed to keep resampling down around 100-150%, as more just needs a much more beefy GPU (3080,3080ti,3090,3090ti,4090,6900XT,6950XT) if using high resolution (4K, 1440p 21:9 or 32:9) to get high stable FPS in all situations. I capped my FPS to 95, in 3440*1440, all maxed out except resampling and rear view mirror distance. Most of the time card is around 100W, sometimes (new build cities) even with 280W is not enough to keep the frames stable