ATS/ETS2 Screen configs for Single, Dual, Triple or Quad screen setups.

Make your game even better
a1337cookie

Re: ATS/ETS2 Screen configs for Single, Dual, Triple or Quad screen setups.

Post by a1337cookie » September 10th, 2021, 6:16 pm

JHTrucker wrote:
September 10th, 2021, 1:34 pm
People buy a nice new ultra wide screen and are disappointed by how these games don't compensate for that aspect ratio. SCS forum always has someone pointing this out but it's never been addressed.
I created the ultra wide curved file to help reduce the stretch by splitting the screen into 3 with a slight angle for left/right image.
But here having the centre of projection on the left of centre for LHD just means that stretch is even more visible to the right.
Yep, I wish there was more I could do to account for curved panels. Personally, I've avoided curved panels due to these issues. For my LHD setup, I suppose I could split the middle view into two and slightly angle them to more closely match the curvature. I may do that and post it later.

As for the stretching seen on the right, it should actually not be a problem if your head position is at the correct location. If you are positioned on the black dot in my diagram, the view should be perfect, assuming that the monitors in real life are where they are in the diagram (of course, since the middle monitor is curved, and my calculations are based on a flat monitor, there will be discrepancies there). Any time your head leaves that location though, the perspective will not be right. That's how the math works out, and why I stress the importance of head position.
Widdowmaker101

Post by Widdowmaker101 » September 11th, 2021, 2:38 am

@ Cookie , both files are brilliant. The correction of the graphics is spot on. Screen sizes workinh as intended. I have now lined up my moniters, and I cant fault the alignment. The only issues I have are of my making . Im very very happy!!!!! Thank you.

For both yourself and JHT, I will be producing a video, of the settings, and screens and post it over the wekend, to show you the finished articles. This will hopefully answer some any questions you have. I appreciatte the further development you are considering.

I have not yet found a view, that I could call the one, because I have 3. THis is working out real well, and I am so very gratefull. I will post hback here with more feedback in due course.

I have also just aquired all the ATS2 DLC's I didnt own, so I wil be enjoying them this weekend too. Thank you very much.
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » September 14th, 2021, 11:39 pm

@Widdowmaker101

Well, I made the split middle LHD file. As I said earlier, it attempts to compensate for the curvature of the middle screen by splitting the view in half and slightly angling each side. I assumed that the monitor has an 1800R curve, and that the previously supplied width of 121cm ignores the curvature. Calculations are based off of this (somewhat messy) diagram.

I tested it on my game, here is a screenshot and a simulation of what it should look like on your monitors.

Compared to the others, it seems like there is a tiny bit of misalignment on the left. I double checked some of the math, but couldn't spot any issues. Oh well, shouldn't be too noticeable. Here's the file.
multimon_config.sii
tgmmgt

Post by tgmmgt » September 25th, 2022, 1:16 am

Thanks very much
bitspyer

Post by bitspyer » October 13th, 2022, 9:56 pm

Thanx 4 this guide!
DrJiannis

Post by DrJiannis » October 15th, 2022, 4:14 pm

Hi guys I am new to teh Forum. Is somebody using a Odyssey G9 49 inch and a 27 inch Odyssey G7 together for the game? Cant get the optimal settings, my view seems always distorted (resolution is 7680x1440).
Would be amazing if somebody has a config file for me.
Thank you!
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » October 15th, 2022, 7:10 pm

You'll see I created dual monitor files, but they where for 16:9 monitors as wider monitors just stretch, like you can see.
I made ultra wide single for your type on monitors... but only 1 at a time...

My suggestion for you is to split your 2 displays into 4 views by using a1337cookie's '[TOOL] Custom ATS/ETS2 FOV & Multimon Settings Calculator'
https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.p ... 934#p46934
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
DrJiannis

Post by DrJiannis » October 15th, 2022, 10:10 pm

JHTrucker wrote:
October 15th, 2022, 7:10 pm
You'll see I created dual monitor files, but they where for 16:9 monitors as wider monitors just stretch, like you can see.
I made ultra wide single for your type on monitors... but only 1 at a time...

My suggestion for you is to split your 2 displays into 4 views by using a1337cookie's '[TOOL] Custom ATS/ETS2 FOV & Multimon Settings Calculator'
https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.p ... 934#p46934
Thank you very much! I am going to try that out. The stretched view is really bothering me.
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » October 16th, 2022, 4:33 pm

@DrJiannis - I'm an idiot! I was thinking you had 2 ultra wide screen whereas now I see it's 1 ultra wide and 1 normal.
So, if you haven't already done so, I would split the ultra into 3 screens and add the normal one as 1 screen, using the calculator.

Look at the first post and scroll to the bottom for all the useful links for multi monitors.
"Extra info on all things multimon related"
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
TTVOGVampire

Post by TTVOGVampire » March 17th, 2023, 2:37 pm

Upon using your adviser mod, it works on the latest 1.76 american truck simulator but the UI bottom right gets messed up, is there any way you could fix this JHTrucker?