ATS/ETS2 Screen configs for Single, Dual, Triple or Quad screen setups.

Make your game even better
Widdowmaker101

Re: ATS/ETS2 Screen configs for Single, Dual, Triple or Quad screen setups.

Post by Widdowmaker101 » September 8th, 2021, 10:40 pm

I saw that 12 downlaods had occured before I had downloaded. I guess, that some like toi downloiad the fioles to gain tips on settings. Im still hugely impressed with the center join.

Finaly got a few hours to give it a test this evening.

Thanks for the tips on the left and right.. I think it is just the monitor heights because they are different brands and sizes.

#EDIT

I have found the left and right screen alignment is way off, so I have had to ajust the left and right screen breaks, which has screwed the center over lap.... dang it....
Last edited by Widdowmaker101 on September 9th, 2021, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » September 9th, 2021, 12:13 am

@Widdowmaker101

Alright, here it is. I have modified the multimon file you previously posted using my calculated values. While working on this, I actually found a flaw in the formulas I posted, guess I've got some more work to do to fix that. Anyways, I hope these settings will look right for you.
multimon_config.sii
Here is a to-scale, top-down diagram of your setup, which is what I used to calculate your values.

Explanation:
The black dot represents your eye/head/camera position. The cyan is where your screens are, with the bezels colored black. The curve of your middle monitor (dotted gray line) will cause a bit of distortion, not much I can do about that.
The magenta lines are the lines perpendicular to the monitor angles, showing the center of projection of each camera. The areas shaded red, green, and blue are the cameras' FOVs. The gray shaded areas are unseen.

Not shown here is the vertical FOV/height of each monitor. For that, I lined up the tops of each screen, using the height calculated from the width and aspect ratio of each screen. If they don't line up perfectly, try slightly reducing frustum_subrect_y. I also assumed that the tops of the screens are aligned in your display settings; adjust normalized_y if that's not the case.

Finally, I feel the need to mention that this FOV will feel smaller than before, since it is aiming for realism and mathematical correctness. If you want a higher FOV, I can use a smaller eye to monitor distance and recalculate the values again.

EDIT: I think I found a mistake, the file has been reuploaded.
Widdowmaker101

Post by Widdowmaker101 » September 9th, 2021, 12:43 am

Hi Cookie - very many thanks

Theres a wee bit of miss alignment, which i need to work out - its just aligning screens, and heights.

How can I move further back from the screens, as I want to see both mirrors and be able to see 90 left and right? One of the pre-requesits was to be able to pull upto a T junction and not have to move anythiung but my head to see.

The center view is good - doesnt seems to suffer strecthing to any great degree. I cant/ dont notice much distortion with the curve screen.

Currently IM suffering from having a Console that doesnt recognise the multimon reload function.....

Again, many thanks!
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » September 9th, 2021, 12:55 am

I will alter the eye to monitor distance in the calculations, then get back to you. For now, try the updated file I posted above, it may help with the alignment.
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » September 9th, 2021, 1:07 am

@Widdowmaker101 - I forgot you're not using Nvidia surround to do bezel correction.
The easiest way is to just alter the LEFT.AA heading offset for 85 to 87? and RIGHT.AA to -87 that will rotate the image away from the centre screen slightly.
EDIT: What I should have said is, the left/right need to move towards the centre slightly to overlap the images to compensate for the bezels. Left 85 to 83? Right -85 to -83?

Don't mess with CenterL.AA & CenterR.AA

Multimon reload - check you don't have a random extra . in a number -> 0.3.5 etc as that throws up an 'expected }' error...
Last edited by JHTrucker on September 9th, 2021, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
Widdowmaker101

Post by Widdowmaker101 » September 9th, 2021, 1:15 am

Ive just seen the reuploaded multimon, and this is the result on the screens.

With no adjustment of the screens, yet, Im still needing more, left and right view....

I wanted to share with you the screen position I have in Project cars two, It might help. This is positined in the largets vehicle, a trophy truck, so not a HGV, but it shows the extent to which I get the elft and right.

Whilst I fully understand the scientific and realistic calculations taking place, how much of the track dash can be got on tthat front screen....

PC cars asks for the same type sizing you did, when you asked for them, so its pretty much the same function I beleive.

You are being a great help!!! thank you!!!
Widdowmaker101

Post by Widdowmaker101 » September 9th, 2021, 1:17 am

JHTrucker wrote:
September 9th, 2021, 1:07 am
@Widdowmaker101 - I forgot you're not using Nvidia surround to do bezel correction.
The easiest way is to just alter the LEFT.AA heading offset for 85 to 87? and RIGHT.AA to -87 that will rotate the image away from the centre screen slightly.
Don't mess with CenterL.AA & CenterR.AA

Multimon reload - check you don't have a random extra . in a number -> 0.3.5 etc as that throws up an 'expected }' error...
And I think thats actually part of the problem as Im running the two side screens at 1920 x 1080 and the centre at 5120 x 1440.

There is so much realestate difference in the two images above..

I am going to have to start again with my adjustments... ive screwed that forward image up.... dang!!!! Pby adjusting the side view sizes.
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » September 9th, 2021, 1:47 am

@Widdowmaker101

Here is a file with increased FOV, you should be able to see to the sides more easily.
multimon_config.sii
The calculations are based off of this diagram:

The eye to monitor distance is reduced compared to before. To remain mathematically correct, you should technically move your head closer, to about 60cm from your center display. Whether you actually want to do that or not is up to you.
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » September 9th, 2021, 1:57 am

By the way, I'm noticing that ETS2's game window is not in the same aspect ratio as 8960x1440. The side views look stretched because of that.
Widdowmaker101

Post by Widdowmaker101 » September 9th, 2021, 2:14 am

Thats great JHT - was able to just move that view slightly and not move the front 2 screens at all.

Its a very work able set up. Feels good to drive. Moving my wheel in line with the left hand drive, corrects the moving left feeling. And Im not feeling sick at all!!! Its great!! Thank you!