[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
RunnyPilot

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by RunnyPilot » June 21st, 2021, 4:00 pm

Hey guys, what is the multimon config for again?

Cause I'm not gonna lie, I just downloaded ATS with fresh configs, did the NPI settings and forgot the multimon config but... it works without it. I have almost no aliasing at all. Only issue I had was that the game was suddenly mostly black, but changing a graphics setting then back fixed it. So what is it for again?
Here's an image:
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 21st, 2021, 4:16 pm

@RunnyPilot
Only issue I had was that the game was suddenly mostly black, but changing a graphics setting then back fixed it.
Changed back to what? The game getting mostly black is at least one of the reasons for the multimon config needed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
RunnyPilot

Post by RunnyPilot » June 21st, 2021, 4:29 pm

BenganJ wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 4:16 pm
@RunnyPilot
Only issue I had was that the game was suddenly mostly black, but changing a graphics setting then back fixed it.
Changed back to what? The game getting mostly black is at least one of the reasons for the multimon config needed.
I basically enabled DOF, applied, then disabled, then applied. This removed the black issue and so far, I'm getting a very steady 60FPS from further testing.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 21st, 2021, 4:31 pm

@RunnyPilot

With Scaling set to what?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RunnyPilot

Post by RunnyPilot » June 21st, 2021, 4:35 pm

@BenganJ

The scaling is set to 100%. I also want to correct myself, not the DOF. I enabled SSAO then disabled SSAO (or anything else that brings the popup of the 20 second thing) to get rid of the black issue. I'm currently continuing some tests to see if increasing the scale still makes it work.
RunnyPilot

Post by RunnyPilot » June 21st, 2021, 4:37 pm

Testing done. 125% removes the method completely as usual. But besides the black issue, I'm surprised that the game is running extremely well without the Multimon config. I'm seriously confused lol
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 21st, 2021, 4:55 pm

@RunnyPilot

The reason I asked about SCALING is that it MUST be at 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: And put that multimon_config.sii for your setup where it should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RunnyPilot

Post by RunnyPilot » June 21st, 2021, 5:01 pm

@BenganJ
Sheesh relax, I'm just experimenting :laugh3:

Done some more testing now to see if Multimon affects performance. I went to Las Vegas (cause usually it lags pretty bad for me there) and tried without and with Multimon.

The camera is facing towards the city. My truck is in the Volvo dealer.

Settings are all on Ultra, Shadow texture size is 8192. My FPS was sitting at about 92 to 80 with some traffic around. This is without Multimon.

With Multimon, same FPS.

Now I tried to see if it increases or decreases FPS in my truck's interior.

Both have the same result: About 60 FPS and lower. Lowest was about 51. I turned down the mirror distance to High and the shadow texture size back to high (which is 4096) and got over 70 instead.

So basically, I recommend anyone who sees this to keep Multimon. There's no point in removing it at all.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 21st, 2021, 5:04 pm

@RunnyPilot

Thank you for that last line! I wonder what JHTrucker will say about this! :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » June 21st, 2021, 5:29 pm

@RunnyPilot
"So what is it for again?" - "Only issue I had was that the game was suddenly mostly black"

You answered your own question...

But here's some info anyway.
Are we talking about the single mulimon file? If so, all it does is reduce the game menu to about 99% so that it doesn't cause gfx glitches between driving screen (100%) and menu screen (99%). It doesn't enable AA.
Without it you have to toggle gfx settings to clear glitch.
There should therefore be no difference, fps wise, with or without it.
Since SSAO was added in 1.38 the glitch type has changed but there is still one hence the need for the file.

The multimon for multi monitor setups does enable AA, you'll get no AA (100%) without it.
Multimon setups don't have a menu screen at 100% by default, triples are 33% width (menu on centre screen only) and so never get the gfx glitch that singles do.

For fps comparing you should always remove traffic.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034