[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
angryenot

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by angryenot » November 7th, 2021, 9:43 am

JHTrucker wrote:
November 5th, 2021, 3:40 pm
@angryenot - 144 & vsync 2 is 72fps but only if your setup can actually reach 72 to start with or you have a frame limit of 64 set?
Try vsync 3 and see if you get constant 48fps.
Or if you want 60fps.

uset r_mode_refresh "120" <-- to set monitor to 120hz while running the game only
uset r_vsync "2"

NPI vsync settings will take control over game settings if they are not 'app control'.

-------------

WIN 11 no AA
I think, NPI edits get applied to the registry where the driver installs itself, perhaps it's a slightly different path in win 11 and so your old import doesn't work?
Are you using a win 11 specific driver or just win 10?
thanks for reply. I don't use any fps limitations in NPI and NCP. My set up is rtx3080 10850k and 16 gb ram 4100mhz cl16 win10. Sometimes EST2 launcehs with 72 fps, but more often with 64 fps.

P.S.: i set it for 60 fps in config.cfg, that's worked, but when I hide game and restore it fps again are 64)
P.S.S: Okay i found the problem. When Razer Synapse changes to "ETS2 skin" on your keyboard and mouse after launching the game ets2 caps at 64 frames. I dont know why this happens but turning off ets2 lightning when launched fixes the problem.
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » November 7th, 2021, 5:31 pm

@angryenot - Strange fix, can you change this in config.cfg instead?

uset cf_razer_chroma "1" <-- That's game default, set to "0"
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
Malyshanya

Post by Malyshanya » November 9th, 2021, 6:33 am

Thanks for the recommendations on the settings, but there is one caveat, I don’t know if the computer is weak, if you can somehow fix it. The problem is the following, FPS drops by 10-20 frames when passing random events, when a police car with flashing lights on. Computer specifications: i5 11400, 16gb RAM, GTX 1060 6gb.
FormelLMS

Post by FormelLMS » November 9th, 2021, 7:48 am

Have you probably enabled the enhanced lightning? Try it with disabled. This should work.
Malyshanya

Post by Malyshanya » November 9th, 2021, 8:41 am

Yes, it really matters with this option enabled! Thanks
Tomsun66
PPM

Post by Tomsun66 » November 12th, 2021, 9:22 am

Arayas wrote:
October 25th, 2021, 3:53 am
In their huge incompetence SCS are wasting time updating multiplayer, photo mode, sunsets and other crap, but the AA and performance are left as 10 years ago. And, on top of that, any update is getting the game worst and worst,
They included FMOD for "better" sounds (killing a bunch of mods) but the game sounds are still crap. Then, they introduced "new" lightning system, with new sunsets and shitty bright light and shitty truck lights ...but they killed all sounds in game. Now, they "updated" the force feedback on wheels, so all players are now disable FFB...is that bad.

Another way to gain some FPS is to be honest with this game, aknowledge and accept how bad it is and reduce your expectations from it. Use a lower resolution, thats a huge FPS gain. Use lower settings on other stuff...from ultra to high and so on.

The performance is up to you...to find a balance. I know, it doesnt sound good but i am not making the game...i'm just a guy making maps and NOT playing the game anymore and the reason is the one you described above: is bad.
Arayas you are right at SCS they loose the focus long time ago, the last step into the right direction imho was DX11, but perhaps shortsighted not to make the full step DX12 or Vulkan.

I understand they have to create turnaround, but in my opinion it should be limited to quality map extensions, and not to make the same mistakes other modders do, they theirself know the current limitations of their own game engine, but they tend to overstress it with the last MAP DLCs, and i'm curious whatr the Heart of Russia DLC will bring, i have my fears.

I'm very sad that they do not put their focus on the Game engine. To be honest i think it would be the best way to stop all other activities and to put the focus on that topic.

Even with the most high potential hardware money can buy the problem remains the same.
The proper implementation of multithreading is the only way to future, if in ETS2 or even in a new product ETS3, same for in ATS or even in ATS2
azumukupoe

Post by azumukupoe » November 17th, 2021, 5:50 am

Would NVIDIA Image Scaling work in conjunction with the current method?
RIP BenganJ
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » November 17th, 2021, 7:28 pm

I'm really shocked to just read that BanganJ has passed...
I joined this forum to help him put back what SCS had removed with DX11, NPI AA.
I had no plans to hang around once it was working but now its 18+ months later and i'm still here helping, where I can and creating stuff that some people may use and that's all thanks to his constant enthusiasm to make these truck games better.
RIP BenganJ, you'll be missed!

@azumukupoe
From what i've read about Nvidia scaling, i'd guess that it should work with this AA, I can't test on my old hardware.
You enable Nvidia scaling and then set the game resolution to one of the generated ones keeping in game scaling at 100%.
Then the AA should get applied to the image and Nvidia scaling just up scales it to native resolution of your monitor(s).
I guess it's similar to DSR which works ok with this AA, but DSR increases image quality beyond native.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
FormelLMS

Post by FormelLMS » November 17th, 2021, 7:49 pm

I’m really shocked, too…. Well, dunno, what to write. This is a very sad for us 😟 Where is this information coming from?
Luisb01

Post by Luisb01 » November 18th, 2021, 1:14 am

I´m shocked, too. He helped me a lot, went through my log files... I´m very sad! When did that happen?