[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
JHTrucker
Expert

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by JHTrucker » June 21st, 2021, 5:29 pm

@RunnyPilot
"So what is it for again?" - "Only issue I had was that the game was suddenly mostly black"

You answered your own question...

But here's some info anyway.
Are we talking about the single mulimon file? If so, all it does is reduce the game menu to about 99% so that it doesn't cause gfx glitches between driving screen (100%) and menu screen (99%). It doesn't enable AA.
Without it you have to toggle gfx settings to clear glitch.
There should therefore be no difference, fps wise, with or without it.
Since SSAO was added in 1.38 the glitch type has changed but there is still one hence the need for the file.

The multimon for multi monitor setups does enable AA, you'll get no AA (100%) without it.
Multimon setups don't have a menu screen at 100% by default, triples are 33% width (menu on centre screen only) and so never get the gfx glitch that singles do.

For fps comparing you should always remove traffic.
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
RunnyPilot

Post by RunnyPilot » June 21st, 2021, 9:43 pm

@JHTrucker

Understood! Thanks for the explanation.
FormelLMS

Post by FormelLMS » June 21st, 2021, 10:28 pm

@jhtrucker

This is with the multimon of step two for three screens. The screens now are 45 degrees. For me it seems to be less than 45 degrees on the screen.

Or is it, as it is and I have to live with it?
On Nvidia Surround everything looks good so far. Raceroom with the 45 degrees setting, too.
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » June 22nd, 2021, 1:47 am

@FormelLMS
The higher your FOV the more the side monitors narrow at the extremes.
For example, the right side of your windscreen height would be lower causing what i assume is the problem you see, the angle of the top of the windscreen bending down slightly.
Lower FOV will bend it back up & straighten the dash area, but you'll then not see your dash gauges... it's a compromise.

Objects like the armco look fine as they are in the centre of the screen area.

Glad to see you have the on screen steering wheel turned off... just like i do, who needs to see more than one wheel?

EDIT: Do you use head tracking or just mouse/keys to look around?
Just a thought, if you use mouse/keys then you could have a lower FOV and therefore lose sight of the dash but with a modded controls.sii file you could have a key that instantly looks down to the dash level and back to normal when you let go of the key, no messing with the mouse.
a1337cookie

Post by a1337cookie » June 22nd, 2021, 4:38 am

@FormelLMS
Mathematically, without doing any more adjusting (frustum subrect, ect.), you should set your FOV to match your monitor angles, which is 45° in your case. Then if you sit in the center with all monitors perpendicular to you, the view should look correct. However, 45° is quite narrow, and as JHTrucker mentioned, you won't be able to see the dash. The only way to increase the FOV while still being mathematically correct is to move closer to your monitor. For instance, if you want 50° FOV, you can move the side monitors to a 50° angle and sit closer so that you're perpendicular to all monitors again. Obviously, that assumes that you have room to move forward. I think I'm stuck with a maximum of 45° for my 27" monitors, I just can't get any closer.
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » June 25th, 2021, 6:28 pm

@FormelLMS - I assume you've left us now... but i'll type this anyway.

Looking back at your triple pic, i've now realised you have a rather low pitch head angle. The driver side mirror is bending away rather than vertical, so the road into the distance isn't a long up hill climb, it's your in game head pitched down. The blue sign is getting close to the top of the screen where it would normally be just above the centre area. The result of this means the top right side of the windscreen is bending down also.
Check your view with different pitch values to see how it affects the side screen bending.
DedaToro
PPM

Post by DedaToro » June 26th, 2021, 5:25 am

DedaToro wrote:
June 20th, 2021, 7:26 am
@BenganJ

Hello, still with the settings you suggest, why did I experience a decrease in fps to below 20fps?
I often experience incidents like this. One time I was able to hit 30fps but another time it suddenly fell back below 20fps. I didn't mess with any settings though.

It's things like that that make me dizzy until now. It's hard to get the settings right.
Hello,

I've been able to solve this problem. Now I can get stable fps at 30-40fps, even 50-60fps. Although sometimes it still falls below 30fps but at least for me I still consider it normal because it depends on the situation and conditions.

But, I still have issues, rubber banding, or that's what it's called.
I've tried setting t_averaging_window_lenght to 60 but it's still not resolved.

Is there a solution I can do?
FormelLMS

Post by FormelLMS » June 26th, 2021, 10:17 am

JHTrucker wrote:
June 25th, 2021, 6:28 pm
@FormelLMS - I assume you've left us now... but i'll type this anyway.
@JHTrucker
@a1337cookie

No no, I'm here. I have to say sorry that I'm so quiet sometimes. We have a newborn baby (12 weeks now) here.
Mostly I try something on my PC like ETS and the next second I have to do something for her and the last week I was alone with her. So sorry.
I read your post and will be happy to try those things out. Yesterday evening I've put all the screens new together because it looks a bit weird. Now I've checked at the millimeter, that both screens are 45 degrees. It looks like the right one was 49 degrees and the left 46. It's a bit hard because they are curved.

Yesterday evening it tooks me very long to do this proper. O then run some laps on Raceroom, where you can make every setting for triples on the fly and it looks now, that 45 degrees are perfect.

I will now have a look that I find today or tomorrow a timeslot for checking ETS and your Tipps now.

So thank you for looking for me 😊
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 26th, 2021, 5:29 pm

@DedaToro

Sadly it seems as if you haven't understood what we mean by stable, constant FPS.
I want you to post your latest game log to start with!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
DedaToro
PPM

Post by DedaToro » June 26th, 2021, 11:51 pm

@BenganJ

Hello, sorry if I misunderstood.

This my game log