[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
Pavlos

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by Pavlos » April 14th, 2023, 11:40 am

I did the changes and it worked, but when i turned on my PS 3 eye camera and opentrack program screen was just black, do you have idea pls how to fix that?
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » April 14th, 2023, 5:45 pm

@Pavlos - A black screen can happen if you don't use the 'step 2' file or you have reshade installed or only partly removed.

I use TrackIR all the time without problems, it uses the same game inputs as your ps 3 cam & opentrack software, so it shouldn't be the cause of your problem unless that software is applying an overlay to the game screen?

EDIT: I haven't updated to 1.47 yet, in case that's the issue?
multimon_config.sii files: viewtopic.php?p=17658#p17658
controls.sii edits: viewtopic.php?p=24744#p24744
TrackIR edits: viewtopic.php?p=46613#p46613
Extra Cameras: viewtopic.php?p=46034#p46034
shaines

Post by shaines » April 19th, 2023, 1:13 pm

Anyone using this in the ATS 1.47?
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » April 22nd, 2023, 6:32 pm

@shaines - There's plenty of users on this forum that could have answered you...

But, whilst I can't directly answer your question, I haven't updated to 1.47 yet, this topic would have been flooded with posts stating something like: "AA has now stopped working in 1.47". So my guess would be it will work as it has done for the past 3 years.

I've added an extra line of text to the top of the first post, that may help someone in the future:
"But should still work on any game version that uses DX11 and 'Deferred Rendering'."
drivermini

Post by drivermini » April 28th, 2023, 3:18 pm

JHTrucker wrote:
April 11th, 2023, 8:40 pm
I assume you are forcing vsync on, 60Hz, 60fps? If you are, then try 'adaptive sync' and then vsync will turn off when the fps drops below 60, you'll then see some screen tearing but the fps shouldn't tank as low as <30 fps.
Hi, I've been tinkering with a lot of settings and this is the one that made a huge difference! I've learnt that what I was encountering is what people refer to on here as rubber-banding, which is what was making the game unplayable for me. I've now learnt more about how V-Sync works and the adaptive setting eliminates the rubber-banding entirely for me. Thanks for pointing this one out to me! As you say, I do still get tearing but I can live with this!
MochiMochi

Post by MochiMochi » May 27th, 2023, 6:30 pm

Hello there =)
I am not sure if this is the correct thread for my problem but since i use the NPI config from here i´ll share it here.

Since 1.47 i got alot of problems with late loading or suddenly pooping up Textures,Buildings and so on,even on close range when i get to a certan angle things just disapear.

I had this very rarely before already but now it rly annoyes and disturbes my gameplay D:
I got the recommended setup from the start page with a RTX4070 16GB DDR4,maybe there is simple solution but i didnt want to much with the settings.
If this is the wrong subject hrere plz delete and Thank you =)
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » May 27th, 2023, 6:34 pm

things like popping up objects are related by the "view distance" set by the mapper, usualy SCs keep a short one, for so called "game improved performance", some custom maps have a wrong distance set, making things pop-up in annoying way (southern region is best example).

"cut planes" are another editor feature because you supose to see the game from your wheel inside the truck, other view its up to you but dont complain about it, is not the way it suposed to be viewed.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
VipapkStudios

Post by VipapkStudios » June 13th, 2023, 9:20 pm

This is freaking awesome! I've been using it in the past year combined with Grimes' Seasonals & Weather 2.7, absolutely gorgeous!

I finally updated the game to V1.47 when a problem occurred, unfortunately.
Now, the question I am about to ask is already answered in the Q&A section. Even so, I want to confirm it.

So, I don't have AA on the left mirrors, which is quite horrendous to look at because that's the side I am driving from. The right side does seem to be fine though.
To quote the answer: "Using 1.40+ (new lighting system) may result in missing AA from 1 of your mirrors, but not all of them. Mirror AA is either on or off, we don't specify which mirrors to apply it to. No fix available."

My question is quite simple, is this still the case, with a no fix? There isn't any workaround or other things I could try to somehow force it?
Is there anyone else who experienced this problem too? :(
BullCarriage
PPM

Post by BullCarriage » June 13th, 2023, 11:06 pm

How to remove it? I want to replace NPI with freestyle
JHTrucker
Expert

Post by JHTrucker » June 14th, 2023, 2:24 pm

@BullCarriage

You can simply disable NPI AA by setting scaling to a value other than 100%

OR

From the first post Q&A Section:
Q - How can I remove this NPI AA, I don't want this AA method anymore?
A - Do these 3 things:
1: Open NPI - Select game profile - Click 'restore defaults' - Click 'apply' - close.
2: Delete the step 2 multimon_config.sii file.
3: Rename or delete your global config.cfg file - Start the game and re-setup your graphics to how you want them.