[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » February 6th, 2021, 2:43 am

@Zeyadtarek952

Welcome! I assume you have the monitor set at a 60Hz refresh rate. If that's the case,
try this.

1. In your config.cfg set r_vsync to "2" or, which is the same, set Vertical synchronization in game to Economic. That should limit FPS to 30.
2. Then, also in config.cfg, set t_averaging_window_length to "60" instead of "20".
3. If you have in-game Refresh rate set to 60, change it to Default.

If all these settings works for you and you get a stable constant FPS of 30, you should get a much smoother experience of the game. All
without using NPI at all. The biggest advantage with NPI is that we can get a much better antialiasing than the in-game SMAA. Please test
this and report back here!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
kmorreison

Post by kmorreison » February 6th, 2021, 4:08 am

BenganJ wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 11:55 pm
@kmorreison

Ah those, sorry I don't use those settings as I have Force Feedback disabled.
I'm using the FFB plugin, giving a much better feedback! Here's a link.

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=83749#p83749
Si yo utilizo el mismo complemento para el FFB, pero las dos opciones que le pongo no tienen nada que ver con el FFB mas bien es el rango que tiene que girar el volante para que gire el camion yo lo siento mas real al tener que girar mas el volante en las curvas que no son pronunciadas, osea no tener que girar solo 1 dedo.

If I use the same complement for the FFB, but the two options that I put have nothing to do with the FFB, rather it is the range that the steering wheel has to turn to make the truck turn, I feel it more real when I have to turn but the steering wheel in curves that are not pronounced, I mean not having to turn only 1 finger.

My friend, I have already warned you! This is an ENGLISH language forum, so POST in that language. //BenganJ (Moderator)
theclumsygeek
PPM

Post by theclumsygeek » February 6th, 2021, 4:30 am

@Bengan yes, no prob at all. the truth just hurts sometimes and I need some time to process and get rid of the initial defensive reaction when criticized.
all good now. thanks and enjoy the vids! hope it's clearer from there.
Zeyadtarek952

Post by Zeyadtarek952 » February 6th, 2021, 11:20 am

BenganJ wrote:
February 6th, 2021, 2:43 am
@Zeyadtarek952

Welcome! I assume you have the monitor set at a 60Hz refresh rate. If that's the case,
try this.

1. In your config.cfg set r_vsync to "2" or, which is the same, set Vertical synchronization in game to Economic. That should limit FPS to 30.
2. Then, also in config.cfg, set t_averaging_window_length to "60" instead of "20".
3. If you have in-game Refresh rate set to 60, change it to Default.

If all these settings works for you and you get a stable constant FPS of 30, you should get a much smoother experience of the game. All
without using NPI at all. The biggest advantage with NPI is that we can get a much better antialiasing than the in-game SMAA. Please test
this and report back here!
Hello I have tried this solution, the fps was locked at 30 and never dropped but the game was slow like when it dropped to 58 fps
I tried but no luck
Game not smooth

Two posts merged! Stop double posting! Edit the previous post instead! //BenganJ (Moderator)
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 6th, 2021, 1:12 pm

@Zeyadtarek952

Then there's something totally different that messes with you. Post your latest game log!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 6th, 2021, 1:15 pm

@kmorreison

I've already told you that I use the FFB plugin to control my steering wheel,
so I DO NOT use the in-game settings for the wheel AT ALL Understood?
Zeyadtarek952

Post by Zeyadtarek952 » February 6th, 2021, 1:27 pm

here it is
game.log.txt
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 6th, 2021, 2:00 pm

@Zeyadtarek952

Well, I can see that you have gone back to your old VSync settings, but I still recommend
you use the ones I pointed you to. Further, you have a GTX1650, running Vanilla game in
300% scaling, SSAO enabled and SMAA on max. I can't though see that you have driven
anything when this game log was generated, but as you are on 1.40OB and still using
some mods, probably for 1.39, on top of Vanilla there might be quite some errors
generated when driving. So, can you please try and run the game, driving this time,
with a totally EMPty profile, just to test if it might be the extra mods messing with
you. You shouldn't have these problems with the environment you have.

Apart from the previous recommendations I suggest you do the following too.

1. Edit r_buffer_page_size in config.cfg and change the value from "10" to "30".
2. In Steam Launch Options put the following arguments.

Code: Select all

-64bit -nointro -unlimitedlog  -mm_pool_size 6000 -mm_max_resource_size 32 -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1000
Do the test and report back, WITH a newly generated game log.
Zeyadtarek952

Post by Zeyadtarek952 » February 6th, 2021, 2:15 pm

Okay I will try
Zeyadtarek952

Post by Zeyadtarek952 » February 6th, 2021, 2:37 pm

game.log.txt
i created a whole new profile and took a small load

and surprisingly the game worked fine, fps dropped only one time i was looking around but the game overall worked better than my main save

i didnt try the economic vsync on this profile but i did the other steps you recommended me to do, if you want me to make the 30 fps lock step with a new gamelog tell me