[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
toni1958

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by toni1958 » November 15th, 2020, 4:38 am

Hi, this is my first time on here, so please be gentle :-)
I am tearing my hair out here and thought it time to ask for some help with a couple of things if possible. I have done a lot of reading and get more confused the more I read. I have had some help from Cipinho and my game has got alot easier and enjoyable to play but is far from smooth. I am using an AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six core processor, 3.40 Ghz, 16GB RAM, 64 bit, GE Force GTX 1050Ti and using both ETS2 and ATS 1.39. I am using 3 TV screens, the middle one being a 40 inch with a 21 inch on either side. I have tried various multimon setups for various amounts of screens and now have the one from the beginning of the post installed and have edited the config.cfg file also as instructed. I have edited some settings in nvidia inspector but am not sure how much to limit FPS and what limiter mode etc to use because of my mismatched screens. If anyone could help me out with multimon, config.cfg and inspector/ingame settings I would be very grateful. I seem to spend more time tinkering with no obvious improvements than I do actually enjoying the game. If there is any other information needed I will be only too happy to try to help. I seem to struggle with stuttering etc if I add any mods and at the moment I am only using 3 but have read of people using loads, I have tried with a new profile as my existing one had errors in the game log(only garage spawn) but even without mods its still stuttery. I have managed to increase scaling from 100% which I have always been on to 150 but anything much higher stutters, especially going round corners, although I have tried momentarily on 200 and 400 and the game would be out of this world if I could achieve anything like that. Sorry this has been a bit long winded but I wanted to give as much information as possible. Thank you in advance for reading and any help you might be able to give. Toni
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » November 15th, 2020, 3:26 pm

@toni1958

If you're already using Nvidia Profile Inspector to get better AA than in game,
you CAN'T mess with ANY other setting for Scaling than 100%!!!!!! To start with,
I recommend that you follow the first 3 steps in the first post, then check that
everything is working as supposed. If not, then post back here. Regarding the
multimon problem, I think JHTrucker might have to help out, as you have mixed
monitor setup and at least it was no support for that in Nvidia Surround earlier
but I've seen hacks about that too. Just choose the triple setup one in Step2!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
toni1958

Post by toni1958 » November 15th, 2020, 4:36 pm

Hi BenganJ, thanks for getting back to me and thank you for the information, perhaps that is where I am going wrong trying to get it to run smoothly on a higher scaling. I am going to print all the information at the beginning of the post so I don't miss anything and see what happens. On profile inspector are the changes listed on page 1 the only things I need to change from the standard profile or are there others(apart from the multi display in my case)?
Thanks for your help. Toni
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » November 15th, 2020, 4:41 pm

@toni1958

Just read thoroughly the info before and through the Step 1 - 3! When done with that part of configuration
do as suggested, i.e. CHECK that it works. If not return here and post or if it works, you can go on to read
the rest of the first post for possible additional settings and information about a lot of other things! Good
Luck!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
toni1958

Post by toni1958 » November 15th, 2020, 4:48 pm

Thanks, I am in the process of doing :-) and also read the ONLY 100% bit together with all the other NPI settings which somehow I hadn't noticed before, information overload I guess :-)
Luisb01

Post by Luisb01 » November 15th, 2020, 5:32 pm

Hi folks, new user here.

First, thank you for helping me enhancing this already great game!

Unfortunately, I've been experiencing a very strange crash.

When I'm shopping for a new truck and go to the tabs on which I can choose the interior of the vehicle, or the interior acessories (in ATS), my game crashes... My GPU's fans increase rotation, I can still hear sounds and music, but my screen goes black. Anyone experiences this?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » November 15th, 2020, 5:36 pm

@Luisb01

Welcome! May I ask, did you do the Step 2 from the first post? If so, which
multimon_config.sii file did you choose?
toni1958

Post by toni1958 » November 15th, 2020, 6:56 pm

Hi BenganJ, followed all 3 steps using the triple screen multimon and game works but is so stuttery and non flowing, worst I have had for a long time :-(
I tried running it on just the middle 40 inch screen using the PC display settings rather than Nvidia surround and apart from all the cab layout views being totally wrong, the game flows fantastically so I am guessing its to do with the mismatched screens in nvidia surround. I would be very interested to hear from JHTrucker if you can get hold of him at some time with regards to the hack. I'm going to go down the list on the first page and try some of the other settings mentioned to see if I can get it any better. Thanks
Luisb01

Post by Luisb01 » November 15th, 2020, 6:58 pm

BenganJ wrote:
November 15th, 2020, 5:36 pm
@Luisb01

Welcome! May I ask, did you do the Step 2 from the first post? If so, which
multimon_config.sii file did you choose?
Hi @BenganJ! Thanks for your quick reply!

I use only one monitor, so I think that I´ve chosen the first file. I´ll check again.

Thanks!
toni1958

Post by toni1958 » November 15th, 2020, 6:59 pm

Do I need vertical sync enabled in game settings, doesn't seem to change much. Is it normal for steam to have to verify and download/replace 1 file everytime I have made some changes in NPI and saved to game .exe file or am I doing something wrong?