[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by BenganJ » January 11th, 2020, 2:15 pm

@tantalus

Well mate, it's ALL your choice! I won't spend one second more to convince you about this.
It works beautyfully well and I can name for you only members in this forum that has it
working, Me, Tapir, clear F1, hoogie68, Wombat Trucker, Road Runner, bogdac .....! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
tantalus

Post by tantalus » January 11th, 2020, 2:20 pm

Well, good for you guys. The entire rest of the world will need to keep living with crappy graphics in ETS2 :lol: , but seriously, you are not able to explain why those settings and why the reshade thing, can you at least give me the original link to that reshade "fix"? so i can check? I asked in guru3d, i asked in linuxtec, i asked in hardware's tomb, in many famous sites, all of them said that it mostly DOESNT WORK. Not the opposite around.

Can you post a NON COMPRESSED video (compressed videos like the ones on youtube will not show anything not even shimmering because they mess up the pixels) of the game running under those settings???

The one you posted in the first page is pointelss since as i said, it needs to be UNCOMPRESSED. Nobody is going to see any shimmering or graphic problems in a compressed youtube video anyways. It needs to be in brute format.

Its not like i dont believe you lol, it is just, this matter is so important around gamers today that im surprised i didnt read or hear anything about this anywhwere around.
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
Tapir
VIP

Post by Tapir » January 11th, 2020, 2:30 pm

@tantalus

Please read this thread and you `ll get what you want: a good running ets2 with DX11. ;) ;)

System: Windows 11 PRO
Processor: Intel i7-12700KF 5GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte B760 DS3H AX
Memory: Corsair DDR5-6000 32 GB
Storage: Samsung 990 M2 SSD + 2 Samsung 870 SSD
Graphics: Asus GeForce Dual RTX 3060 V2 12GB GDDR6
bogdac
PPM

Post by bogdac » January 11th, 2020, 2:42 pm

BenganJ wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 2:15 pm
@tantalus

Well mate, it's ALL your choice! I won't spend one second more to convince you about this.
It works beautyfully well and I can name for you only members in this forum that has it
working, Me, Tapir, clear F1, hoogie68, Wombat Trucker, Road Runner, bogdac .....! :D
I hope that wasn't meant to mean EVEN bogdac! :lol: :lol: :lol:
tantalus

Post by tantalus » January 11th, 2020, 2:58 pm

Tapir wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 2:30 pm
@tantalus

Please read this thread and you `ll get what you want: a good running ets2 with DX11. ;) ;)
I already did, of course, before i broke into rage :lol: . I have the exact parameteres BenganJ sugessted (well, those are general parameters that are recommended in any forum...) i even have the same videocard than him... but it doesnt work for me. I still didnt try to lower the quality of the mirror to low, but i didnt because i just cant play with mirror quality that low. And i use truck mirrors all the time. But i will test it again just for curiosity. But seriously losing all those details (mirror quality, sunshafts broken, rain in the cabin, etc) does not compensate for a better AA and reduction of shimmering. Too much game immersion lost. Its like playing in 25% renderscale because you dont have enough pc... better to not play at all.

Anyways i will try it again lowering mirror quality to see what happens.

NOTE that the antialiasing works, i didnt say it didnt, what im saying that i cant get rid of all those graphic glitches, so, in reality its like if it is not actually working. Its like saying i fixed your car but you can only drive at 2km/h.. well, no, then you didnt fix anything lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 11th, 2020, 3:10 pm

@tantalus

Okay, one second then! :lol: You MUST set Mirror Quality to 'Low' AND you MUST set in game Scaling to '100%'
AND you have to have at least ONE shader active in installed ReShade for the game! PERIOD :!:

If you can't accept one or more of those requirements, skip this. We MIGHT come up with other solutions later,
because mind you, this has just started!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tapir
VIP

Post by Tapir » January 11th, 2020, 4:03 pm

@tantalus:

Perhaps you can see this settings and compare them ;)

System: Windows 11 PRO
Processor: Intel i7-12700KF 5GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte B760 DS3H AX
Memory: Corsair DDR5-6000 32 GB
Storage: Samsung 990 M2 SSD + 2 Samsung 870 SSD
Graphics: Asus GeForce Dual RTX 3060 V2 12GB GDDR6
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 11th, 2020, 4:08 pm

@Tapir

He knows DAMN well all the settings and their meaning. It's not there his problem lies.
In some way he needs, that I can explain to the smallest detail how this can work and
I can't do that now at least. It is to some extent NOT logical at all, BUT it works! :D
tantalus

Post by tantalus » January 11th, 2020, 5:16 pm

BenganJ wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 3:10 pm
@tantalus

Okay, one second then! :lol: You MUST set Mirror Quality to 'Low' AND you MUST set in game Scaling to '100%'
AND you have to have at least ONE shader active in installed ReShade for the game! PERIOD :!:

If you can't accept one or more of those requirements, skip this. We MIGHT come up with other solutions later,
because mind you, this has just started!
I accepted those terms :D , and i know all about this i come way back when people started using nvidia inspector with DX9.. thats not what im saying...

I already knew about those "requirements". As i said in my previous post, the antialiasing is working, but it is not worthy to lose mirror detail, sunshafts and have rain inside the cabin (come on that looks hideous its a total game breaking issue..) to have a little less shimmering (it doesnt go away completely) and better AA. If someday everything is working 100%, then that day we could say that everything is working, until then its not.. :?

It started to rain and i automatically closed the game and went back without inspector AA. I love driving when it rains, and having those graphic glitches in the cabin it is just unacceptable.
Last edited by tantalus on January 11th, 2020, 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 11th, 2020, 5:17 pm

@tantalus

Case closed! :D