[DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Make your game even better
Tapir
VIP

Re: [DX11] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI)

Post by Tapir » January 11th, 2020, 3:20 am

Thanks Bengan, my friend ;)

BTW: I can use Frame Rate Limiter with 40FPS without any problems.

System: Windows 11 PRO
Processor: Intel i7-12700KF 5GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte B760 DS3H AX
Memory: Corsair DDR5-6000 32 GB
Storage: Samsung 990 M2 SSD + 2 Samsung 870 SSD
Graphics: Asus GeForce Dual RTX 3060 V2 12GB GDDR6
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 11th, 2020, 3:27 am

@Tapir

Yes, so can I. I will remove that "warning", as it is another
parameter setting that causes the crash! Thanks for info! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Tapir
VIP

Post by Tapir » January 11th, 2020, 3:34 am

Yes, the constantly changing numbers in FPS cause headache. ;)

System: Windows 11 PRO
Processor: Intel i7-12700KF 5GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte B760 DS3H AX
Memory: Corsair DDR5-6000 32 GB
Storage: Samsung 990 M2 SSD + 2 Samsung 870 SSD
Graphics: Asus GeForce Dual RTX 3060 V2 12GB GDDR6
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 11th, 2020, 3:36 am

@Tapir

The biggest gain you get when using Frame Limiting is that your GPU doesn't
have to work more than necessary. You don't need a FPS of 96 e.g.!!!! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tantalus

Post by tantalus » January 11th, 2020, 5:28 am

Im a bit confused. What changed since the days of ETS2 DX9 and this "new" version of nvidia inspector?

Can we finally implement antialiasing through driver in ETS2 and does it remove the shimmering??

Why to use lod factors of 15!!???? thats the original value multiplied by 15!!! thats insane.

At most you should use 4, and i think more than that is ignored by the game! and keep in mind, the bigger the lod, the less performance you going to get. There is no need to use lod factor greater than 2. You are never going to notice any difference. At 2 , the models are already being rendered far away from your visual range. The exception will be parked vehicles, that will only be rendered at certain distance, and its going to be more noticeable. But again, 2 should be more than enough... lol, 15 is pointless. Even if you see in the distance a vehicle, you are not even going to notice the lod change...

Also mirror view distance 900... thats also toooooo high. No need for that and that will also kill your fps.

In the video of the reshade installation... why are you using FXAA?? Its completely horrendous. It blurs the image badly. The game looks far better without it, and using just a push from the SMAA from the game its just enough, we cant get better results on that front (because again, AA doesnt work thorugh driver... not in DX11). We still dont have any way to aply a decent AA to ETS2. BUT if you still decide to use FXAA, dont use reshade just for that, just use the one through nvidia inspector. If you are already using nvidia inspector for other parameters, better to have the FXAA activated from there as well. And i dont think reshade has anything to do with the flipping problem btw...

Also, the sharpening feature off nvidia consumes fps as well. Better to use just a reshade filter instead...

All the settings i was using from nvidia inspector when playing in DX9 are completely valid for DX11, with the exception of the antialiasing bits, but do they actually work?

And btw, why do you use smartsharp instead of lumasharpen, or adaptative sharpen, for example?

Thanks in advance!! ;)

Tip -> posters on the scs official forums are ignorant as heck. Most of them, and the ones posting in the nvidia inspector thread... well, i did stop writting there ages ago because they are completely clueless. What im saying, dont trust anything you read there or any sugesstion you read that someone got it working.... they dont even know what is the shimmering, or what is antialiasing.. (they even think MLAA and SMAA and actual antialiasing forms...).
Last edited by tantalus on January 11th, 2020, 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
tantalus

Post by tantalus » January 11th, 2020, 6:23 am

bogdac wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:34 pm
I'ts not bad I can live with it until I get round to some serious updating :D Much better than that horrible shimmering ,and yes I must put up a video to show you.
The shimmering is never going to go away until SCS decides to upgrade the game engine and implement TAA or TXAA.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
tantalus

Post by tantalus » January 11th, 2020, 7:06 am

I tried the antialiasing bits from page 1 just in case. Didnt notice much of a difference, but it seems to be working cuz i could see antialiasing using 100% renderscale.. thats something. But then, im going to play and i start seeing weird graphic glitches everywhere. Mirror objects dissapearing, duplicated objects.. if i remove the antialiasing bits value, it goes back to normal.

Is this the problem you talking about on the video? i dont see in the video any "fix" , you just installed reshade with fxaa activated.. thats all. What im missing?
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 11th, 2020, 9:17 am

@tantalus

WOW, hold your horses mate! This works and it works maybe even better than in DX9,
BUT there is,at the moment, a couple of drawbacks. To begin with, look at my latest
videos, link to YouTube in signature. All the settings in the first post I have myself and
there's now many with me, all with documented and verified effect! The LOD values
and mirror distance is high, but is set after discussion with SCS people, mostly Max!
Installation of ReShade is a requirement with just ONE shader, I choose FXAA, NOT
because it does very much, but because we need ONE shader activated. Choose
whichever shader you like, I have the Smart_Sharp one, info in post 1. If you already
have ReShade running, don't change ANYTHING!

MATE, IT WORKS, so don't be that negative, try it out fully and you'll get gorgeous
graphics
with 2 drawbacks, that we are working on btw, rain in the cabin, not snow
though, and sunhafts penetrating objects, buildings and such. I can live with it, not
that bad! CHECK IT OUT!
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » January 11th, 2020, 12:28 pm

8x Murutisampling and there was no problem with 8x Sparse Grid spur sampling.
However, the slight differences that Tapir said were completely transparent to me. :D Even on my PC with the same specifications as him, human specifications were too different. :cry:

@Bengan
Remove FXAA, Smart_Sharp?
Smart_Sharp after removing FXAA?
I'm not looking for it, I don't know at all. Today's Video changed the sharpness with NPI.

@Bogdac
I'm not sure, but do your best!

@Arayas
Great open car!
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
ASRock X670E Taichi Carrara
DOMINATOR TITANIUM DDR5-7200 32GB
PNY RTX4070Ti 12GB VERTO LED WE
WD m.2 KIOXIA m.2
tantalus

Post by tantalus » January 11th, 2020, 2:08 pm

BenganJ wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 9:17 am
@tantalus

WOW, hold your horses mate! This works and it works maybe even better than in DX9,
BUT there is,at the moment, a couple of drawbacks. To begin with, look at my latest
videos, link to YouTube in signature. All the settings in the first post I have myself and
there's now many with me, all with documented and verified effect! The LOD values
and mirror distance is high, but is set after discussion with SCS people, mostly Max!
Installation of ReShade is a requirement with just ONE shader, I choose FXAA, NOT
because it does very much, but because we need ONE shader activated. Choose
whichever shader you like, I have the Smart_Sharp one, info in post 1. If you already
have ReShade running, don't change ANYTHING!

MATE, IT WORKS, so don't be that negative, try it out fully and you'll get gorgeous
graphics
with 2 drawbacks, that we are working on btw, rain in the cabin, not snow
though, and sunhafts penetrating objects, buildings and such. I can live with it, not
that bad! CHECK IT OUT!
SCS also said that using values higher than 4 in lod factor is completely useless... and who else got this working under DX11?? i didnt find a soul with the exception of you and clear f1 in this thread... :lol:

Your settings are exactly the same as the ones you had with DX9 (those are universal settings lol) the only thing you changed was the AA bits.

And no, i didnt change anything, i just dont understand why installing reshade with only 1 filter will fix anything... it makes no sense lol.
Already tried and it didnt work, of course as i imagined. Where did you get that info?? please dont tell me official scs forums... :?

I cant get rid of graphic problems using those antialiasing bits. So, for me it doesnt work. Its the same problem as everybody else (or the 99% of people who tried).

"it works and it works maybe even better than in DX9"... well, obviously it doesnt lol. We will still need to wait for a miracle for most people.

And honestly having rain in the cabin and sunshafts going through objects (i mean, wth it will completely lose the point of sunshafts).. its a big deal for me. Those details are really important in the gaming feeling.

BTw, using 8x multisample is completely useless as well, it only works up to 4x. At least with DX9. And again, why someone will use mirror distance so high? it makes no sense? does it fix anything using that value?? because in terms of gameplay it does absolutely n othing (rendering distance will be completely pointless once you reach 500 since you are not going to see anything.. and your fps are going down in the meantime...).

My point is i need to know the why of things to understand why this should work, and nothing is explained anywhere. If i could understand those points i mentioned, maybe i could make it work by myself...
Last edited by tantalus on January 11th, 2020, 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ryzen 5 2600x
16Gb Corsair RAM