Funny

Go crazy here
Arayas
Site Admin

Re: Funny

Post by Arayas » July 24th, 2021, 6:19 pm

False. Is not like you download a file with 300kb/s and you have the option to pay to download the same file with 1gb/s. The limitations on free links are too big making the files (8 of them) unavailable for download. Post the free version in one or 7 (scs) files on Sharemods and see how many people will pay for "premium bandwidth". Almost nobody, and they know that, its a mistake they will not do.
Sharing mods sites also will distribute that Promods Sharemods link (like they do with my free map and i have no problem with that) and this will make visitation of their site futile. Also, they don't want that (traffic+ads = money).
So, they want money like any other payed mod but they hide behind the tree and they tell people (like you and others) that the giraphe you see in front of you its in fact a simple cow.

I admit selling the premium version, i have a PPM program, i post free version in easy-to-grab links. Despite the big traffic this site has NO ads and you are not FORCED to register here to download files.
I think, in my case, the giraphe you see...it's a giraphe.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Cyberman
PPM

Post by Cyberman » July 24th, 2021, 8:24 pm

You know what's funny? i got banned from the promods discord and forums for my comment in this thread. Absolutely pathetic behavior. It literally proves the point though that this is a paid mod since they call downloading promods from other sites "piracy".
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » July 25th, 2021, 2:15 am

Actualy Cyberman, i will stick to download it from their sources, its their work and i dont like "leach" sites who make a buck on others people's work. Is not fair.
But i would like to see them make it user-friendly and then claim you have a free map, or just admit you have a paid mod. Its nothing to be ashamed, me personaly i value work of any kind and its a fair deal. Ipocrisy is not.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
bricksathome

Post by bricksathome » July 25th, 2021, 2:18 am

Arayas wrote:
July 23rd, 2021, 9:42 pm
All day i've managed to download 3 files out of 8, at 250kb/s WITH ADS....getting all day the YOU DON'T HAVE THE PERMISSION TO DOWNLOAD THE FILE message or, eventualy, ACCOUNT BLOCKED.
I'm going to attempt to give some explanations here now, though I'm sure I won't achieve a whole lot..

The Free Download works perfectly fine for the vast majority of people using it. If it fails it's either down the high amount of traffic (over 100%) or due to the user not using it properly*.
If you wish to see how the free download should be used, see this video which I filmed earlier and shows the free download system working fine at just over 100% usage, downloading two files at a time. If you're getting 'connection limit exceeded' messages you're likely doing something wrong. - *sometimes Google Chrome opens multiple threads by itself which can wrongfully trigger the message, though as you can see in the video, it worked fine for me.

if you're having problems with the free download system I invite you to record a similar video yourself and we can analyse it to see what's going wrong
Not to talk about "I am human" check, then clicking boats or bikes to log in on the download page, where you must have an account.
Never experiences this, if you're getting capcha checks it's because Cloudflare has detected something potentially hazardous, check there's nothing potentially dodgy on your PC including Download managers/accelerators and the like - many sites use Cloudflare for DDoS protection, not just ProMods.

Post the free version in one or 7 (scs) files on Sharemods and see how many people will pay for "premium bandwidth". Almost nobody, and they know that, its a mistake they will not do.
This is a fun one because it couldn't be farther from the Truth. We don't use sites like ShareMods because we'd be banned instantly. That's the reason.
We've tried many different sites for hosting the ProMods files over the years and all of them have banned us for generating too much traffic. The only filehoster we could find that could reliably handle the amount of traffic we generated was Zippyshare which we used until certain people started falsely DMCA-ing the ProMods files and ZippyShare began taking them down without checking if the DMCA was legitimate.

ProMods serves hundreds of terrabytes of data each month, the vast majority of filehosters can't reliably supply that much data, especially in the quantities required in the few days after a new release. Money isn't a factor, if it were we'd be better off removing the free download entirely because it makes a loss.

And finally,
Cyberman wrote:
July 24th, 2021, 8:24 pm
It literally proves the point though that this is a paid mod since they call downloading promods from other sites "piracy".
Hosting and downloading ProMods from other sites is piracy, that's a simple fact. See The ProMods Licence and the message on the download pages:

Code: Select all

REDISTRIBUTION OF THESE FILES ON OTHER WEBSITES OR FILEHOSTS IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE AND OFFENDERS WILL BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL ACTION.
A mod does not need to be paid for it to be piratable and we have a zero tolerance policy on those that do.
Cyberman
PPM

Post by Cyberman » July 25th, 2021, 3:29 am

Arayas wrote:
July 25th, 2021, 2:15 am
Actualy Cyberman, i will stick to download it from their sources, its their work and i dont like "leach" sites who make a buck on others people's work. Is not fair.
But i would like to see them make it user-friendly and then claim you have a free map, or just admit you have a paid mod. Its nothing to be ashamed, me personaly i value work of any kind and its a fair deal. Ipocrisy is not.
No, i believe in supporting people's work after all I did buy PPM for Roex. But piracy (if you can call downloading a free mod "piracy") is a service problem rather than a price problem (well 99% of cases). An apples to oranges comparison, but it's why many russian mods are pirated, because to get it legit you have to be a russian citizen and speak the language to get them.

But looks like the only way I can get PM in the future is either through downloading it from third parties or buy a VPN, thus comes back to the service problem.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » July 25th, 2021, 1:32 pm

bricksathome wrote:
July 25th, 2021, 2:18 am

I'm going to attempt to give some explanations here now, though I'm sure I won't achieve a whole lot..
To sumarise....
Piracy...no deal...we agree on that.
The rest, i am just describing my experience as a simple user. And i am using your downloads in a corect way, i am aware about limitations.
The "i am human" validation ...while is explained by security reasons...it's way too often, almost to any log in. And i am on a public IP like thousands romanians using the biggest internet provider here. So...its like saying a bunch of local people have suspect behaviour wich is funny.
Like we do, you can host a file on your server with no speed limit except the server load.
No word about limitations....300kb/s....2 downloads...and the file availability. All this are placed there, not for some "server will explode" or "we all be banned by gods" reasons....those are trials to make the free user to become a paid user. We are not children here to wait for Santa and believe fairy tales. It may work on fanboys.

And the fact you are getting money from your work (i already agree to that) is not a reason to talk down to people who have mods doing the same thing.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Cyberman
PPM

Post by Cyberman » July 31st, 2021, 8:21 pm

LMAO, The promods topic on the SCs forums has been locked

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php ... 4#p1588084
This topic has been locked due to breahcing forum rule 3.1, specifically "Sharing your own mods on this forum must be done with direct links to the download or download page. Pages must be open to the public and not require membership to view, downloads cannot be hidden behind any type of paywall unless a completely free download link is included and contains the exact same content."

If a compliant download link is not added within 7 days the topic will be removed.
Ronin
VIP

Post by Ronin » October 29th, 2021, 2:33 am

6.666 members. And it is almost Halloween. Scary :diablo: :diablo:

:vampire: :vampire: :vampire: :vampire: :vampire:
Proc: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Mem: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6
Bozo
PPM