1.50 news

Go crazy here
Arayas
Site Admin

1.50 news

Post by Arayas » April 9th, 2024, 9:04 pm

https://blog.scssoft.com/2024/04/americ ... pdate.html

this is NOT an open BETA, its an excalibur non so beta, experimental PC blowing version
so...they did stuff, i forgot all of them
TAA- another attempt to get some anti-aliasing in the game in 2024. i supose is gonna work great like SSAO, SMAA or any other random letters
some light tweaks for game performance in night driving (new light implemented in 1.40 killed 30% of FPS)

dumbed down new UI for consoles...yeap, smart move.

i know consoles cannot install mods, i dont have one, maybe i am wrong.
if true, if you pay people to implemet ETS on consoles without mods ... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

as usual SCS is going in weird directions:
-no new game engine but we talk about consoles
-focus on ATS developement/DLC's alienating the MAIN community (ETS)
-skyboxes, light system and observation points while the AI behaviour is dumb for years

maybe next time/year/eon.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Arayas
Site Admin

Re: 1.50 news

Post by Arayas » April 10th, 2024, 9:23 pm

electric Renault is gonna be in the game with 1.50

https://blog.scssoft.com/2024/04/renaul ... -ets2.html

this is how you charge it :bb2: :bb2: :tease:

ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
ItzHonzula
VIP

Post by ItzHonzula » April 13th, 2024, 12:24 pm

at this point with the cadence of info dumping about ATS they are just dickriding america
EuRoadNet and Projekt Česko developer.

silly nonbinary existence :3
punk
PPM

Post by punk » April 13th, 2024, 12:57 pm

Regarding a lot in America and few in Europe I disagree because one European map DLC is much bigger and more interesting than 3-4 American states. Since Texas all these OK, KS, NE, MO, AR, LA and so on is just small states and I don't thing it is a more fair approach. Just imagine if instead of Balkans they will release in one year Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia and the rest of the countries also split to next year expansions. The same situation was with Iberia (Spain, Portugal) and Black Sea (Romania, Bulgaria, Turkiye). And it reflects on mods community as well. See the mods for ATS and for ETS2 progress. Vanilla ATS is currently better than most of the mods. Map developers do not want to use even resources that SCS gives them with every update.
So yes they have no enough resources to make free content (game improvements, old parts rebuild, trucks, parts etc.) as well as chargeable content (Trailers, Maps, Tires etc.) but for indie studio SCS is making great progress and stable growth of fanbase. Step by step and it is annoying because we have to wait. But we still see no competitors. Snow Runner? Square Aerosoft games? Truck Driver on Xbox? I would prefer to choose worth graphics, slow development and old technologies to get the game and community where I want to spend my time despite the game age is bigger that the age of many players:)

My PC: MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk, Core i7-10700K, G.Skill RipJaws 64GB, Samsung EVO 1TB SSD, GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB, Logitech G920

My Combo topic: https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1640
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » April 18th, 2024, 5:26 pm

There is no growth of the fanbase. The amount of people dropping the game is huge. We have tons of newcomers also(see any support channel available) and this is NOT a way to grow your bussines.
We did some research to see if we need to develop a map for ATS also and the interest was nearly zero. That game was bought and sustained by ETS users, a way to support the company.
I doubt you will find a lot of users with more hours in ATS than ETS. I own the game and many map DLC's, i cant stay 10 minutes in that game. I DONT like it.
They took one year to update Germany, how many years we must wait to have a proper update of Going East?
I dont need free stuff. Make a Poland DLC and i will buy it. If you dont want it, stick with Going East, is not mandatory. Its not a double sell. Thats the dumb argument in SCS forum.
"They dont update UK because its a lot of work delivered for free!" Who said to release it for free? Make an UK DLC also. I will buy it.
But if you give me 3 DLC's in 5 years...no thank you.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BlackMamba
PPM

Post by BlackMamba » April 28th, 2024, 8:12 pm

Warning - with the realease of version 1.50 a selection of new road and prefab item assets has been added to the asset library. These roads and prefab start with a prefix "un" (universal). We urge the modders not to use those assets in your maps at least until release of the version 1.51. They are experimental and there will be some some changes made to them. Placing them in your map might result with the map breaking when next version is released.