Romania and Bulgaria - second hand EU citizens

Go crazy here
Arayas
Site Admin

Romania and Bulgaria - second hand EU citizens

Post by Arayas » December 9th, 2022, 11:00 am

On the latest Schengen council, Croatia was accepted in and Bulgaria and Romania rejected, based on AUSTRIA (Romania) and Nederlands (Bulgaria) veto's ONLY!!
For usual citezens, Schengen is not a big deal if we talk about freedom, the civil rights are the same, except we need to have border control between us and everyone else, making us again second hand EU citizens.
BUT, as a man who was many times blocked in border crossings, this is a slap on our face.
Stay with your family, small kids or older people, without food, water or service places, in a middle of the field, 18 hours to pass a shitty border and then tell me we are equals.

For those who are not aware about, Austria got for free the biggest romanian bussineses at the time: Petrom (including oil fields), forests to cut and 2 big banks.
Now, sience russian gas/oil is not a thing you can buy today, a bad thing for Austria (70% Russia dependency) Austria has shifted their target on romanian oil fields.
The official statement against us and bulgarians.... our borders are not safe and they have many immigrants because of us. A funny thing even for a newbee. Is not even possible.

So, what we will expect?
BULGARIA
Let's see what bulgarian PM has to say:
“The Bulgarian government is ready for retaliatory measures if the Netherlands and Austria impose a veto on Bulgarian membership in the Schengen area”.
"All measures will be targeted accordingly, nationally responsible and in defense of the national interest of Bulgaria".
We already have news from bulgarian borders that weight stations are gonna measure everything by Kilogram (!!!) and nobody will pass the border if the weight from papers are not EXACT as the one from the station.
And that is just the begining. When a PM tells you on TV is a bad moment to be dutch in Bulgaria right now, you better believe it.

ROMANIA
One leader in meat processing industry:
"....after today I won't miss Vienna, skiing in Austria, OMV, Petrom, Omniasig, Raiffaisen, BCR, Pfanner, Atomic, Fischer, Frey Wille, Julius Meinl , Humanic, Red Bull, Swarovski. We have been good for 30 years paying interest to Austrian banks, giving them oil, gas and forests for nothing, spending in Parndorf and skiing in Austria.
From January 1st, I will no longer extend any contract, with no company with Austrian shareholding."

Important bussines group, even owner of a football club, cutting the contracts with his austrian partners

Shops eliminating austrian products from the offer

..and this is the poster posted in places in public areas (list of what companies are gonna be avoided by romanians)

A BIG anti-europe wave is trending right now in Romania and the public opinion gets more and more against people who think we are just cheap workers and second grade citizens.
We imported all european prices, while the romanian worker gets a minimum wage of 300 euro/month!! ...and the people working for those money are the main segment of the working force here.
So....again, we dont have many reasons to love the blue flag. We traveled legal or not in Europe even before EU was a thing...so, no thank you.

ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Tapir
VIP

Re: Romania and Bulgaria - second hand EU citizens

Post by Tapir » December 9th, 2022, 12:10 pm

I don't understand it anymore!
Should Romania remain a second-class EU member forever. When countries like Hungary, Bulgaria and Croatia do something about illegal conversions, they are pilloried.
What does Brussels actually want?

System: Windows 11 PRO
Processor: Intel i7-12700KF 5GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte B760 DS3H AX
Memory: Corsair DDR5-6000 32 GB
Storage: Samsung 990 M2 SSD + 2 Samsung 870 SSD
Graphics: Asus GeForce Dual RTX 3060 V2 12GB GDDR6
baneorthodox
VIP

Post by baneorthodox » December 9th, 2022, 4:50 pm

Welcome to the club. Majority in Serbia are also against EU.
System: Windows 11 PRO
CPU: INTEL Core i9-9900K 3.60 Intel® 1151
MB: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE
Memory: Kingston HX432C16PB3K2/16 x 2
Graphics: ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING
Olsbyn
PPM

Post by Olsbyn » May 11th, 2023, 6:40 pm

Believe it or not, being in the EU is not as great as you might think. Sure; at first it can be helpfull regarding where you can work and the general increase in wages, but when that has stabilised it's not great at all. Even my country which is not part of EU but part of the EEA has to adhere to whatever "funny" new rules the EU cooks together in their boredom.

And don't you ever try to say no to whatever plans they have, threats are not uncommon.

I can understand the anger of not being "good enough", but honestly, you are better of without a membership in the long run, the central european members takes more than they give back.