Heart of...Russia?

Go crazy here

Do you think SCS should release a DLC called The Heart of Russia?

Poll ended at March 12th, 2022, 2:00 am

Yes
36%
No
44%
Maybe next year
20%

Total votes: 61
Hex_526f62657274
PPM

Re: Heart of...Russia?

Post by Hex_526f62657274 » March 13th, 2022, 8:09 pm

President Lech Kaczyński came to Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia, on August 12, 2008, during the Russo-Georgian war, after another bombing of the city of Gori by the Russians. In this way he opposed the Russian aggression, and his speech turned out to be prophetic for the later fate of the eastern part of Europe.
According to some Georgian politicians and commentators, the arrival of Lech Kaczyński and his friends to Georgia can be treated as "spreading a protective umbrella over the country attacked by Russia".
The conflict broke out as Georgia tried to restore control over the rebellious pro-Russian republics - Abkhazia and South Ossetia. The separatists were armed by Moscow, arguing it with the defense of the Russian population.
The Georgian-Russian war began on the night of August 7-8, 2008. On August 12, Russian troops and troops of South Ossetian separatists seized the city of Gori and advanced towards Tbilisi. Georgians feared that the Russian army would want to occupy the capital.
Late in the evening, however, Polish President Lech Kaczyński arrived in Tbilisi and took part in a rally in support of Georgians along with the presidents of Lithuania, Estonia, Ukraine and the Prime Minister of Latvia.
Speaking to 200,000 gathered, he assured that Georgia can always count on the help of friends, and that it is the duty of the international community to oppose Russia's imperial aspirations in solidarity. He also assured Georgian citizens that they were not alone in the fight.
- When I initiated this visit, some thought that presidents would be afraid. Nobody was afraid. They all came because Central Europe has courageous leaders. And I would like to say this not only to you. I would also like to say this to those from our common European Union, that Central Europe, Georgia, that our entire region will matter, that we are the subject, said Lech Kaczyński.
- And we also know very well that today Georgia, tomorrow Ukraine, the day after tomorrow the Baltic states, and then maybe it's time for my country, for Poland - warned the President of the Republic of Poland. - We believe that Europe will understand your right to freedom and that it will also understand its own interests. He will understand that without Georgia, Russia will restore her empire, and this is in no one's interest. That is why we are here - added Lech Kaczyński.
According to some Georgian politicians and commentators, the arrival of Lech Kaczyński and his friends to Georgia can be treated as "spreading a protective umbrella over the country attacked by Russia".
As a result of the nine-day Georgian-Russian war, over 150,000 people had to leave their homes. people, mainly Georgians and Ossetians from border villages. There is no exact information on the number of victims. It is estimated that 175 Georgian soldiers and civilians died during the fighting, as well as the number of civilians from South Ossetia that is difficult to establish.
After the end of the war, there were incidents on both sides of the Georgian-Ossetian border, for example, in November 2008, a column of cars was fired, along which Mikheil Saakashvili and Lech Kaczyński were driving. In 2018, the leaders of NATO countries condemned Russia's aggression in Georgia in 2008 in a declaration issued.
On the 12th anniversary of the Georgian-Russian war, the authorities in Tbilisi recalled that Russia was occupying two Georgian regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, and also supporting local separatists.
Georgians living in the conflict zone are still afraid that another war will break out as Russia still does not fulfill the ceasefire agreements. To this day, Russian troops are stationed in the integral regions of Georgia: Abkhazia and South Ossetia, and a provocation is taking place on the so-called line of occupation.

Sounds familiar?....
My PC
SurrealSoul
PPM

Post by SurrealSoul » March 14th, 2022, 1:04 am

We're lucky to be bilingual and have access to many different sources, speaking English nowadays is incredibly valuable. Monolingual Russians don't have much of a choice, as free press doesn't exist in Russia. So it's understandable that most Russians have a state-sponsored view of reality and unfortunately it's toxic.
As for Serbia, of course Serbs can relate to Russians since their soldiers are brothers in committing genocide. Bosnians, Ukrainians, doesn't matter.
But hey, let people believe what they want to. They still have to live in Soviet concrete jungles.
You can call me a nazi, nato slut or a capitalist pig all you want, I'm just happy I don't live anywhere near Russia.

Нам повезло, что мы двуязычны и у нас есть доступ ко многим различным источникам, знание английского языка в наши дни невероятно ценно. У одноязычных русских особого выбора нет, так как свободной прессы в России не существует. Так что понятно, что у большинства россиян взгляд на реальность зависит от государства, к сожалению, этот взгляд ядовитый.
Что касается Сербии, то, конечно, сербы могут понять русских, так как их солдаты - братья в совершении геноцида. Что боснийцы, что украинцы, не важно.
Но ладно, пусть люди верят во что хотят. Им до сих пор приходится жить в советских бетонных джунглях.
Вы можете называть меня нацистом, нато шлюхой или капиталистической свиньей сколько хотите, я просто счастлив, что живу не рядом с Россией.
baneorthodox
VIP

Post by baneorthodox » March 14th, 2022, 11:34 am

SurrealSoul wrote:
March 14th, 2022, 1:04 am
As for Serbia, of course Serbs can relate to Russians since their soldiers are brothers in committing genocide. Bosnians, Ukrainians, doesn't matter.
This is pure bullshit. You know nothing about what really happened in former Yugoslavia.
System: Windows 11 PRO
CPU: INTEL Core i9-9900K 3.60 Intel® 1151
MB: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE
Memory: Kingston HX432C16PB3K2/16 x 2
Graphics: ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING
SurrealSoul
PPM

Post by SurrealSoul » March 14th, 2022, 11:02 pm

I'm just happy I don't live anywhere near chetniks :)

Samo sam srećan da ne živim u blizini četnika :)
Hex_526f62657274
PPM

Post by Hex_526f62657274 » March 15th, 2022, 3:31 pm

Heart of Russia for Euro Truck Simulator 2 will not be released now

"We have DLC in the drawer that we can't release," says the SCS boss. It could take a long time

In the immediate aftermath of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the first sanctions and the boycott of game developers, some fans wondered what the situation means for Prague-based studio SCS Software and its upcoming Heart of Russia expansion for Euro Truck Simulator 2. We wondered about it too and contacted the developers at the beginning of the crisis. In the meantime, they engaged in a number of activities to support people affected by the war. They have offered help to their employees from Ukraine and their families, made repeated donations to several charities, and also prepared a special DLC Ukrainian Paint Jobs Pack worth 1 Euro, the entire proceeds of which go to People in Need.

But it's only now that we've found out what's going to happen with the Russian expansion, whose release was already around the corner, but now many people might be sensitive to it. PR and marketing manager Daniel Nemec told Vortex that people in the community are divided into two camps. "Some have a need to punish everything that is Russian and want us to cancel the DLC or start working on the Ukrainian one straight away. The other group of people, on the other hand, are trying to make arguments why we should release the DLC. That the trees and roads in Russia are not to blame. And that they hope we will release it anyway," Dan Nemec described the situation. But that's not what he is referring to.

Pavel Sebor, co-founder and head of SCS Software, explained that a big discussion immediately arose in the company about what to do next. "We've actually been saying for months how it's going to be. Because the likelihood that there would be a war was constantly increasing. And we were already discussing what the crisis scenario would be several months ago," described Pavel Sebor. Although the SCS did not resolve the situation, they knew, in their words, at least that this topic was on the table. "In the first days we said: Maybe the war will be over quickly, what about it? But it was definitely clear that it was impossible to continue on the set course, to continue communicating about the beauty of Russia," Pavel Sebor continued in an interview with Vortex.

The release date was suddenly in limbo. "Maybe even the title of the DLC is in limbo, because in a way Heart of Russia is an emotionally charged title. And at this point, we might be provoking or hurting people who feel that promoting Russia, whether it's the landscape, the nation, or the politics, that you can't separate it all together at this point," the SCS chief described the situation. "At the moment, we'll see what happens," he added. The authors are said to be just weeks away from completing all work on the expansion. They've basically been in the testing process and the result is just being tweaked. "And now we have DLC in the drawer that we probably can't release at the moment. Apart from the fact that nobody in Russia could buy it, it would basically be a provocation of people of good will. We'll wait and hope, and not for the sake of the DLC, that Ukraine wins. And that it will be time to put some kind of friendly face on what's left of Russia after all the sanctions. And then maybe it will be OK to let such a thing out. I can't imagine that happening at the moment though. It's not possible now," Pavel Sebor described the future of Heart of Russia.

According to him, if the Kremlin achieves its goals in Ukraine, the SCS chief cannot imagine a release at all. "There's a risk of being in that drawer for 10 years before it's a completely different world," he added. Of course, the SCS also considered how to publish the expansion and whether it could somehow serve a good cause. "But we can't find any excuse or justification right now. Even if we donated all the proceeds from the DLC to Ukraine, still a significant part of the fanbase might hold it against us. That we're promoting something we're not supposed to promote. It's a sensitive issue. We don't want to interfere," Pavel Sebor fears. Still, he remains slightly optimistic. "We hope the time to release it is not so far away. We'll close it now, we'll finish testing so that everything is fully ready. And maybe the time will come to turn it into something positive. Something that makes sense and isn't just cold business calculus in the style of: Let's release it and endure some negative reactions," suggests the SCS boss.

But the team reminded that, despite the significant revenue shortfall it will cause, Heart of Russia is obviously not the only thing the studio is working on. Several other expansions for ETS2 and ATS are being developed in parallel and are in various stages of development. "We've been working on another DLC for a long time now, which started to be born a year ago. The next one for 2024 is also in pre-production. And America is also running at its own pace," Pavel Sebor pointed out. Financially, however, the company will feel the indefinite postponement of Heart of Russia. "It will be a significant drop in revenue for us this year because one big DLC will be missing," Pavel Sebor told Vortex. However, other plans for Russia are unaffected by the stoppage. The developers had no plans to continue expanding the game further east.

You'll be able to listen to the full interview with Pavel Sebor and Daniel Nemec from SCS Software in another vidcast later today. Here you will also learn more about the fact that Russia is an important market for the Prague-based studio due to the large community of truck gamers here. And the review bombshell the team faced after expressing solidarity with Ukraine will also come up.

Original YT source
My PC
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 15th, 2022, 6:28 pm

Good, lets have maps from the civilized parts of the world.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Forza Gamer 777
PPM

Post by Forza Gamer 777 » March 15th, 2022, 7:02 pm

Thanks, Romanian friend
Sergey061
PPM

Post by Sergey061 » March 15th, 2022, 7:33 pm

Arayas wrote:
March 15th, 2022, 6:28 pm
Good, lets have maps from the civilized parts of the world.
Вона даже как))) Удаляй нахрен мой аккаунт, "цивилизованный" ты наш)) Лично моей ноги у тебя на сайте больше никогда не будет)))
Win-10 64bit,
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA
Intel Core i-9 10900K ,5.3GHz
MSI Gaming X Trio GeForge RTX 3080
Система - 250 ГБ SSD M.2 Samsung 960 EVO
Игры - SSD SAMSUNG 860 QVO 1ТБ
память - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 - 4x8ГБ 4000 МГц
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 16th, 2022, 4:03 am

Be upset whatever you want, what russian are doing in Ukraine is 19 century behaviour. I am buffled to see russian people with access to internet and information regurgitating russian TV propaganda. No offense, use your brain. Not my posts, not my opinion, see and THINK.
And Sergey, i didnt get upset when you decided some people are nazi and your people are heroes. Opinion is free. Start to learn this.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » March 16th, 2022, 12:51 pm

I don't know the history of Europe so I have no opinion on the Russians.
However, a little less than 10,000 Russians living in Japan are advocating an anti-war.
They are frustrated that their families believe the wrong information when they talk to Russian families.
Russians are not attacking Ukraine.
The emperor of your country is steering your country the wrong way.
With your skills, you should be able to get information from the world other than Russia.
I hope peace will come to you, the Russians, and Ukraine.
I apologize for any incorrect translations.

Я не знаю историю Европы, поэтому у меня нет мнения о русских.
Однако чуть менее 10 000 россиян, проживающих в Японии, выступают за антивоенные действия.
Они разочарованы тем, что их семьи верят неверной информации, когда они разговаривают с русскими семьями.
Русские не нападают на Украину.
Император вашей страны ведет вашу страну не в ту сторону.
С вашими навыками вы должны быть в состоянии получать информацию из мира, отличного от России.
Я надеюсь, что мир придет к вам, россиянам и Украине.
Прошу прощения за любые неправильные переводы.
Intel i9-10850K OC 5GHz
Asus PRIME Z490-A
G.Skill DDR4-3600 32GB
MSI RTX 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G
Samsung SSD m.2 x2