ETS2 1.40 Open Beta

Go crazy here
BenganJ

Re: ETS2 1.40 Open Beta

Post by BenganJ » March 14th, 2021, 9:56 pm

@Almatex

Pure bullshit! They just play with different light environments.
I'm NOT impressed at all!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Almatex
PPM

Post by Almatex » March 14th, 2021, 10:54 pm

Yes, but after a significant delay, of Iberia DLC must show something with a significant difference on SS.
Cyberman
PPM

Post by Cyberman » March 23rd, 2021, 2:36 am

Shared by Olaf on discord

look like ATS 1.40 might coming out of beta this week, and so ETS2 1.40 will be probably out next week and possibly we might get Iberia in early april.
Almatex
PPM

Post by Almatex » March 24th, 2021, 10:38 am

End of beta, end of topic. ;-P
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 24th, 2021, 10:44 am

Yes, ETS2 v1.40 is out!

SCS Blog: https://blog.scssoft.com/
Changelog

Visual

New Visual Lighting System

Map

Germany Reskin
New French Cities (Vive La France ! DLC)

Vehicle

Two new paint jobs (from the Super Stripes Paint Jobs Pack) for owned trailers UI
Full-text city/company search in the job selection screen
Improved vehicle adjustment menu (F4)
They REALLY did a great job this time! NOT!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Tapir
VIP

Post by Tapir » March 24th, 2021, 10:48 am

Now its time to get more maps for 1.40 upgraded.

System: Windows 11 PRO
Processor: Intel i7-12700KF 5GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte B760 DS3H AX
Memory: Corsair DDR5-6000 32 GB
Storage: Samsung 990 M2 SSD + 2 Samsung 870 SSD
Graphics: Asus GeForce Dual RTX 3060 V2 12GB GDDR6
fatih301081
VIP

Post by fatih301081 » March 24th, 2021, 12:28 pm

First task today: Downgrade ETS2 to 1.39 in Steam
System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i5-10400F
Graphics: GeForce GTX 1650 S

ItzHonzula
VIP

Post by ItzHonzula » March 24th, 2021, 1:36 pm

Well, was lucky that I ended relationship with 1.39 yesterday... deleted 25GB of mods, moving all of them to Workshop what is possible. *wait i have to do mapping to bring you new Projekt Česko version, so goodbye! :laugh3:
EuRoadNet and Projekt Česko developer.

silly nonbinary existence :3
FlyingPigeon

Post by FlyingPigeon » April 5th, 2021, 1:23 pm

i do like the new lighting from SCS i must admit it looks great compared to 1.39. what I think is very laughable is that only two!?! Super Stripes paintjobs has been converted to trailers, and SCS is braggging about it like its some huge achivement (its not), i mean how hard would it be for a proffesionel texture creater to do the rest, cant take that long! its like they the last year or so only have done the absolute minimum when it comes to ETS2, while from my POV, ATS is getting shit load of new stuff and attention to detail. it bothers me, but apparantly its because ATS is much newer i am told everytime i bring this to the table :scratch_one-s_head:

edit: i forgot that the issuse with trailers sinking down into the fifth wheel now has been fixed only for Renault Range T, i again wonder, if they can make it work on one truck why the hell dont fix all the remaining ones at once?! i know why now, with Range T evolution is coming SCS want Renault to be pleased by what they see on the current model. imo lazy apporach to only fix stuff when SCS need it to promote things that gain themselves, and not fixing stuff for the players sake (the one that pay theirs bills funny enough).

Rant over! :laugh2:
Happy New Year everyone :jester:
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » April 5th, 2021, 2:38 pm

I was somehow hit by the new look, giving you the impression that something major hapened....but...after first hype moment i have realised this is the worst update ever, for game.
its overbright, way way way way too overbright, they screwed up truck lights who are missing between something AM and something PM, like they have a program as any grocery store. I am pretty sure in overcast weather you can see them...but hey, they don't have overcast they have just rain or clear. There is no wind or seasons, seasons will be an important update not this one.
They screwed sounds, i mean.... they found a way to screw something unrelated...and according to Piva, weather files are screwed also...
They screwed lights for all maps....they screwed gas station price stands for all maps (no price listed)....they screwed tunnels in every way possible (light, echo sound, look)....actualy they asked BETA community to indicate where they forget to MANUALLY place the echo sounds! What echo has to do with sunsets?....Fuck if i know!
In editor things are getting some updates and thats nice. Altough...placing a prefab is now a pain for the eyes, because the prefab is glowing so hard that you cant actually see the nodes of it.....

I have said many times...and people may wonder about this....i dont play the game! Not because i am fixed on mapping....eventualy some relaxing time is needed and that is good oportunity to do both: play the game and test the map.
But....AS A NORMAL USER OF ETS, i find the game BAD.
Traffic is scarce and plain stupid, either they stop in stupid places to let you pass...or they just hit you like you are invisible....
economy is idiotic, they let you wonder around without beeing late, they throw money on you for a shit delivery....
nothing new was implemented, as rest and pause time like IRL, the game just YAWN at you when IRL going over driving program is recorded for 30 days and severly punished at first control!
NO prefabs with challanging delivery points or routes....the game delivery points difficulty are for children...
flat tires, or traffic controls, do mistakes and you pay with real actions, not allowed to drive for a period, terminated profile for repetitive traffic offences and so on.
idiotic random events, detours of 300km....plain stupid, who the fuck is accepting that IN REAL LIFE?

i am related to this game just as a mapper.
If i was not involved in Roextended project, as a simple user...i was out looooooooong time ago. Not to say once you get to drive a real truck, this game is no way related to that experience. They call it "simulator" because it seams to be related to driving a thing on some surfaces similar to a road.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro