ETS2 1.40 Open Beta

Go crazy here
Arayas
Site Admin

Re: ETS2 1.40 Open Beta

Post by Arayas » February 24th, 2021, 10:38 pm

If we complain about FPS, for good reasons, with 4 cars on the road.....how they are gonna give this game a proper traffic density? When i've made my first traffic density mod it was a beauty, vehicles everywhere, rush hours and so on. And i had 2 fps.
And density aside, to have a game about DRIVING SIMULATION and to have a stupid traffic behaviour....i mean, what is the priority here? Sunshines and disco lights? Because the traffic is more stupid than the old GTA's one, and that is not a simulator.
How can you sleep at night as SCS manager, when your Prism engine runs on ONE CPU core? FMOD and lights were the priority? AA? Nope.

Next BIG-HUGE-Hystorical update: more colored buttons in the main menu, with shadows!

This is SCS limits, sorry, good IT people costs money, so they spray perfume on dead horse to fool people the horse is still alive.
I will pay 40 euro/map DLC (once a year, no biggy) to see something moving in the right direction, not stupid BASIC visuals.

I have seen SCS fanboys having erection based on a sunset..."OMG, i'll never go back to 1.39...OMG!" ....Bullshit. I have ATS in 1.40 beta, played few hours....i don't give a fucking shit about what they did.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
FunTrucker_18
PPM

Post by FunTrucker_18 » February 24th, 2021, 11:02 pm

And I though I was the only one who got the AI Traffic getting more and more stupid with each update. Around 1.35 AI worked okay but starting with 1.36 the AI got more and more dumb. 2 cars in front of me going parallel and trying to change lanes at the same time and crash

-Suddenly breaking cars and trucks
-Trucks trying to change lane just right next to me.
- You brake but the cars the cars behind you won't.

The most fucked up thing is: You get all the fines.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 24th, 2021, 11:34 pm

.....AI giving you way when you don't have priority like you are Bill Gates or something, but crashing the hell out of you when you are on your main road minding your own bussines.....
.....the MOST stupid way to take curves by AI trucks and buses, often ramming eachother.....or you....you pay!
.....you overtake car A just to reply behind car B, and the car B hard breaks....do that IRL and my truck will make you an astronaut, flying in your car.....because i am certainly NOT gonna choose to hit the incoming traffic.
.....trucks going side by side on highways for hours, not giving a shit...IRL the overtaken truck goes close to the service lane and let you pass....for their own safety, not for you...but as trucks are limited to 90km/h you don't get many oportunities to go wild....

omg, i can go like this for hours....
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
FunTrucker_18
PPM

Post by FunTrucker_18 » February 25th, 2021, 12:25 am

Even FSX Ai Aircraft were smarter.

TCAS collision warning telling me: "Descend! Descend!"
I go down 1500ft and the Ai plane goes up to avoid a kiss.

The biggest problem was that some aircrafts were programmed a bit dumb with extreme brake parametres, so they came to a halt too early and I had to go around for a new landing attempt. Was a pain in the ass in a Tu-154M and with leftover fuel for only 30-40 minutes. Espacially landing at Atatürk Airport caused some Ai problems, cuz it was overcrowded all the time - like in reality.

Damn, that was 2006! And Aviation is far more complex than road transportation. We're in 2021 and SCS can't even catch up with simple tasks like a proper Ai behavior. Instead of this, they give us some kind of Cheeki Breeki Disco. And everybody screams "YES!".

Btw. I left some criticism on an article on Steam. Some people agree with me but most people: Attacking me or ignoring me completely. As I expected.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 25th, 2021, 12:53 am

We know fanboys are gonna be fanboys. They think they do something good but infact they are the problem. SCS is content because people kiss their ass. That's the reason they develop disco lights and tunnel echo.
As mappers we have the luck to have 2-3 DLC's with good materials to place in, otherwise the maps will look as TSM even today. So, Sience 1.30, i dont see nothing different. Just dust for fanboys.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Almatex
PPM

Post by Almatex » February 25th, 2021, 1:32 am

Who cares about the traffic when you play MP.
The only thing I remember from updating to ets is that from 1.8 I started my adventure and I waited a long time for 1.9.
Now the scs is only interested in the pink skoda drivers who bought the base game on the promotion. And after two hours it collided with a driver who had not seen any other vehicle for a long time.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 25th, 2021, 1:40 am

There are people playing that MP garbage?

:laugh2: :laugh2:
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
FunTrucker_18
PPM

Post by FunTrucker_18 » February 25th, 2021, 2:09 am

TruckersMP has a nice concept but mostly turks, my fellow Hemşeri's/Countrymen make TMP worse. They drive like shit and proud themselves on it. :laugh3:
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 25th, 2021, 3:17 am

Nooo, with no AI and that spawning system :laugh2: :laugh2:
Not to say about party breakers like your guys....

And, from my perspective...to go 5 hours into a boring fake convoy...no-no.... :laugh2:
I dont like it IRL, why i will do it in a game?
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
FunTrucker_18
PPM

Post by FunTrucker_18 » February 25th, 2021, 4:09 am

I feel you :laugh3: