ETS2 1.39 F*uck Fest

Go crazy here
ArTrailFanRaf214

ETS2 1.39 F*uck Fest

Post by ArTrailFanRaf214 » June 28th, 2020, 11:45 am

Woohoo!We got ETS2 1.38 open beta and it has lot of features than ATS.New dealer prefabs,Lille Rebuild(sad Arik has to improve his modding on it again) and Advanced Paint Options RGB,HSV(Not Holden Special Vehicles :laugh2: ).

First off, the city of Lille has received a reskin, which includes new road networks, updates to existing junctions, more detailed scenery, and the inclusion of newer vegetation, terrain textures, and much more!
Some of the main changes include updates to road junctions have been re-worked to be based on more true-to-life layouts. Road signs and roads in general have also been updated with more accurate, realistic and detailed textures.
Another significant change that has been made in 1.38 is to the various truck dealerships located across Europe. Each represented truck brand now has its own unique dealership design. All dealerships locations across the Euro Truck Simulator 2 map have received a refresh, so make sure to re-discover them in-game as you drive past (trust us, it is well worth the stop!).
You can find a dedicated blog post on the subject which showcases many of the changes found in and around the city. But the best way to see it all is to see the city for yourself! So be sure to make that trip to Lille and let us know what you think through our social media channels.
Another significant change that has been made in 1.38 is to the various truck dealerships located across Europe. Each represented truck brand now has its own unique dealership design. All dealerships locations across the Euro Truck Simulator 2 map have received a refresh, so make sure to re-discover them in-game as you drive past (trust us, it is well worth the stop!).
Screenshots of truck dealers:
Image VOLVO
Image MAN 1
Image Mercedes-Benz :yahoo:
Image DAF
Image MAN 2
Image Renault
WHERE IS IVECO and most importantly SCANIA!?
We are also excited to introduce the inclusion of a computer graphics technique for efficiently approximating ambient occlusion effects in real-time. Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, better known in its shorter form SSAO, creates shadows in the areas where objects connect, to give it a more natural and believable look in terms of lighting and shadows.
Image No SSAO
Image SSAO Enabled
To access SSAO,go to Settings/Graphics/SSAO as shown

We are also excited to introduce a long-requested update to the RGB Color Picker which drivers use when purchasing or tuning their truck to paint it. You now have the option to input specific color codes (HSV, RGB, and HEX).

Also, in addition to saving color presets for just a single color, the color picker now supports saving a preset for all paint job colors at once. This way a player can store and easily try out a saved color set with other paint jobs. With this feature, we have also extended number of user-defined color swatches from 8 to 40, for your coloring pleasure.

We know that many drivers like to match their truck's colours across their whole fleet, so we hope this feature is useful to you.
We are also happy to bring 3 new Special Transport routes for drivers to take on in our latest map expansion for Euro Truck Simulator 2, Road to the Black Sea. These routes are from:
Resita to Targu Mures
Istanbul to Edirne
Pleven to Sofia new Special Transports for Black Sea DLC.

Each journey will come with its own challenges. So make sure to adhere instructions given on the GPS advisor and the speed limit which have been set-out for you before your departure, as there is no room for mistakes!

This addition will come as a free update for owners of Road to the Black Sea and Special Transport for Euro Truck Simulator 2.

MAP
Lille re-skin
Unique Truck Dealerships
Special Transport routes in Road to the Black Sea
Resita to Targu Mures
Istanbul to Edirne
Pleven to Sofia
VEHICLES
Automatic transmission improved (shifting points, adaptive modes)
Paintable chassis covers for XF Tuning Pack
Fixed steering deadzone
New tuning parts added to the FH Tuning Pack

FEATURES
Visual improvement - procedural ambient occlusion generation (SSAO)
Route Advisor redesigned
Navigation ETA to the next waypoint in route adviser and in world map
Tobii eye tracking presets
RGB colorpicker redesigned
Added RGB, HSV and hex inputs
Predefined color presets

SOUND
Update to FMOD 2.01.01
Individual horn sounds for each truck
Fixed the retarder sound when the engine is off
AI - exclusion of gear-shifts for trains and electric vehicles
So enjoy all the new additions, but please remember: It's only an open beta, not a stable public version - so you may encounter bugs, instability, kinks, or crashes. It's completely okay if you want to wait for the final release. But if you're interested in helping us to move there faster, we'll appreciate all of your feedback on our forum and your bug reports in this section.

Please check our modding wiki to get details pertaining to mods for the game.

If you wish to participate in the open beta, you can find this version in the public_beta branch on Steam. The way to access it is as follows: Steam client → LIBRARY → right-click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 → Properties → Betas tab → public_beta → 1.38 public beta. No password required.

Yet we still need Unity Skins for the DAFs,also map editor is changed,see here https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Games/ ... uides/1.38 .
My more suggestions in full 1.38 are that they will come and according to the guys in the SCS forum,they said the Unity Painted DAFs use MX13 480 so i think we will get new sound for Paccar MX13 for DAF E6.
So what you guys think? SSAO is a good addition that makes objects sharper and darker.Then im happy for Custom Paints getting saved using the Save Preset option(great for OF's K100E Stripe Paints).1.37 FMOD sounds work in 1.38,but from 1.38 full my mods will be made in FMOD Studio 2.01.01 for better experience.
Pros:SSAO
Truck Prefabs updated(I really like the Mercedes One).
Advanced Paint Options.
Train gears removed :rofl: who even believes trains use gears? Only old British Trains like 101 DMU used only.Modern Trains don't.
Cons:Map mods in 1.37 don't work in 1.38,need some updates.
Videos on 1.38 Open Beta(excludes ATS 1.38 OB)

An FMOD sound converter and simple truck porter.
punk
PPM

Re: ETS2 1.38 Open Beta

Post by punk » June 28th, 2020, 12:42 pm

My PC: MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk, Core i7-10700K, G.Skill RipJaws 64GB, Samsung EVO 1TB SSD, GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB, Logitech G920

My Combo topic: https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1640
Ronin
VIP

Post by Ronin » June 28th, 2020, 1:16 pm

@ArTrailFanRaf214
Not everyone is waiting for this beta yet...as you can read here.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1799&start=10#p24754

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1000&start=2930#p24750

As I said...its too fast actually .. the dust that was caused by version 1.37 has only just came down.
One issue is implementing SSAO, (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion)....Is this really a improvement or can we achieve more with the NPI settings? So forgive me if I'm not excited yet
Last edited by Ronin on June 28th, 2020, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proc: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Mem: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6
ArTrailFanRaf214

Post by ArTrailFanRaf214 » June 28th, 2020, 1:58 pm

Olaf yeah but I thought you meant to delete this topic,no no this is made for discussions relating ETS2 1.38 OB bugs,new things in europe.In some cases yes,Wombat used NPI to improve the shadows in 1.38.
An FMOD sound converter and simple truck porter.
Ronin
VIP

Post by Ronin » June 28th, 2020, 3:47 pm

No there is no need to delete this topic. This is fine. I thought just give my thougts about ETS2 1.37 OB
Btw not only Wombat uses NPI. I do also and my guess is many more :grin: :grin:
Proc: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Mem: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6
Stilgar
PPM

Post by Stilgar » June 28th, 2020, 7:20 pm

And is was written that this is a raw beta and should last for several weeks.

I think we can expect the release maybe end of august ... wait a minute...that means that the open beta for 1.39 (Iberia) is not far away.

2020 are hard times for modders who want to follow SCS
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg
Arayas
Site Admin

Re: ETS2 1.38 F*uck Fest

Post by Arayas » July 21st, 2020, 4:01 pm

I have changed the name of the topic. I dont give a flying f*uck about whatever they did in this update. New models for dealers is a model look change that shouldnt be even mentioned in this game. Some prefabs like dealers, garages, hotels and recruitments it suposed to be changed/updated centuries ago.
Instead, they fuck it up again definitions, all parking trucks/trailers are gone because new "definitions". What was wrong with other ones? Paranoia, probably.
I finished last night the BETA for ROEX and i've played the game in testing for a few hours, all fine and great on error departament.
Today i've converted the map for 1.38 and the log is all red.
We will enjoy the great features like SSAO, LMFAO, GTFO and other huge updates like this and forget about maps for a while.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Cyberman
PPM

Post by Cyberman » July 21st, 2020, 4:05 pm

Yeah I don't care about the new SSAO that obviously my computer would have no chance to handle, but I'm interested in the new special transport routes.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » July 21st, 2020, 4:06 pm

@Arayas

DAMN, why can't they inform the community about all these definition changes before-head?????????????????????????? :no: :sad: :wizard:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Stilgar
PPM

Post by Stilgar » July 21st, 2020, 6:40 pm

Because they could and the community should follow like a donkey follow a carrot ....
Company: Universal Transports -- Headquarter : Hamburg