Released 1.38 Open Beta.

Forum for American Truck Simulator
olaf28
PPM

Re: Released 1.38 Open Beta.

Post by olaf28 » June 26th, 2020, 7:06 pm

:Yes, too fast actually .. the dust that was caused by version 1.37 has only just come down.
:ireful2: :ireful2: :ireful2:
Birthday prestent has arrived :party:
System: Windows 10
Processor: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2tH8g ... SMamDISAuw
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 28th, 2020, 9:30 pm

i am very mad about this SCS behaviour. Fast updates for nothing, useless updates, useless features i dont care about. And the price is the demolition of modding community with this idiotic changes. SUI instead of SII? Why? What is wrong with it? Do we know the SUI behavour?
Because let me tell you something...SII files respects mod manager order, this is why is possible to have map combos. Do you imagine what mess it will be if that is no longer valid? If SUI files are not overwriting eachother by the rule dictated by the mod manager order? Bye-Bye map combo.

Meanwhile, for people are not using the map editor...after 1.36 we have the most broken map editor of all time. It has continous crashing for whatever reason...

Great job....
for 1.39 we expect GREAT updates and new features:
-customizable t-shirt for AI drivers, even the elimination of it for female drivers.
-sounds for walkers, i am really interested about what the f*ck they are talking near to the road for hours/days/years
-the ability to get down from the truck and go shit in the woods.
-the option to have more fun in parking spaces (pinball halls, working girls, bar fights, pissing contests and so on)
-as we know, we get the truck/trailer damage despite the fact the stupid AI is hitting us with no mistakes from our part. (a thing SCS doesnt have a CLUE how to fix).
So, sience we have to live with idiots, i want a new feature: to go down from the truck and speak with the AI driver about his mom, his kids, his life and his mother in law using the F and MF words in a repetitive way.
-the ability to kindly adress to the AI drivers who are giving me way, even when i dont need, with kind and warm words like MOVE BIATCH!
-customizable license plate screws

off course, more to come and IMPORTANT.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 28th, 2020, 9:58 pm

@Arayas

As far as I know SUI files overwrite the same way as SII files do. If you check out my map_data.sii scheme,
you will see a potential advantage with using SUI files, as you then can break down a big SII one into smaller
SUI ones and thereby NOT impact a whole SII when making a modification mod. Here's the link to that scheme.

viewtopic.php?p=11490#p11490

I have used it for a long time to change the LOD parameters in game_data.sii, as Drive Safely made that possible
through a SUI file in his Sound Fixes Pack!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 28th, 2020, 10:30 pm

Right, i know about that, but a simple sii file as game_data in your case works just fine. You did this for organizing your data more simple. But in crowded map enviroment, instead of tracking down a conflict between 2 sii files we are gonna search for 20 sui files with same thing in it. Or maybe different and one map will remain without some definitions. We dont need complications in definition departament, on the contrary we need more simplicity.
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 28th, 2020, 10:34 pm

@Arayas

There you are are DAMN right!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FunTrucker_18

Post by FunTrucker_18 » June 29th, 2020, 6:22 pm

SCS did it... AGAIN.

BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » July 1st, 2020, 5:54 pm

Arayas wrote:
June 28th, 2020, 10:30 pm
Right, i know about that, but a simple sii file as game_data in your case works just fine. You did this for organizing your data more simple. But in crowded map enviroment, instead of tracking down a conflict between 2 sii files we are gonna search for 20 sui files with same thing in it. Or maybe different and one map will remain without some definitions. We dont need complications in definition departament, on the contrary we need more simplicity.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but what SCS has done with the change of some .sii files to .sui files is quite logical.
Earlier in many .sii files there were @include lines to read in at that place an external .sii file. /def/ferry.sii e.g..
But those included files had NO SiiNunit header and was syntactically NOT an .sii file, but a .sui one. So what SCS
now has done is to rename all those @include files to it's proper extension .sui.

Here's your /def/ferry.arayas.sii e.g., taken from RoEx2.6, a typical .sii file just having the @include lines referring
to .sii files erroneously, because they are not regular .sii files, which you can see below too.

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
# For modders: Please do not modify this file if you want to add a new entry. Create in
# this directory a new file "<base_name>.<idofyourmod>.sii" where <base_name> is name of
# base file without the extension (e.g. "city" for "/def/city.sii") and <idofyourmod> is
# some string which is unlikely to conflict with other mod.
#
# Warning: Even if the units are specified in more than one source file, they share the
# same namespace so suffixes or prefixes should be used to avoid conflicts.

@include "ferry/constanta.sii"

@include "ferry/odessa.sii"
@include "ferry/mykol.sii"
@include "ferry/rahova.sii"
@include "ferry/bechet.sii"

}

Here's /def/ferry/mykol.sii, which is not in proper .sii format.

Code: Select all

###
# WARNING: Map must be rebuilt when anything is changed here!
###
ferry_data: ferry.mykol
{
	ferry_name: "Миколаїв"

}

EDIT: Oh, I admit that we are the ones paying for the fact that SCS screwed up at some point, and what's worse,
they don't tell us in advance about it, just as usual! BAH!

On the other hand there seem to be very few problems with the maps in 1.38 OB, so probably SCS has built in
some backup scheme to work with the old definitions too.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » July 1st, 2020, 6:24 pm

if it has the corect path the game doesnt care about file type as long is it text. I'm gonna test with ferry.txt file to see if it works.
As zip working as scs with no problem.
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro