[DX9] Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI) [CLOSED]

Make your game even better
Arayas
Site Admin

Re: Help regarding Nvidia Profile Inspector

Post by Arayas » May 6th, 2019, 5:19 pm

I'm on 1.34.
I have 2 hours changing and testing the values from first page, but nothing under 400% scaling will give more than Minecraft look.
So i'm on different settings with 400% scaling and MLAA on. In NPI other values than yours. Atleast i can play the game now. In my older PC those values were ok.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 6th, 2019, 5:26 pm

@Arayas

With the settings in NPI as per post 1 and the "MUST HAVE" in-game Scaling set to 100% and MLAA off,
not all people get the proper result! Some has to set the 'Antialiasing compatibilty' to one of the other
valid settings you'll find in the NOTE 1. Try the value of '0x084012C1' first and if that doesn't work either
try the other ones, one by one!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
n3mes1s
PPM

Post by n3mes1s » May 7th, 2019, 12:31 am

Hi guys. Im new to nvidia profile inspector, and im trying to get things in clear. American Truck Simulator. My primary goal is to reduce or eliminate the stuttering or micro freezes. I cant play in this state. About AA, my system cant handle AA in any way, if i start using AA, my fps drops to 15-20 without remedy. If i dont use AA, i can be playing at 60fps all the time, but sure the game doesnt look too good, sadly. But i cant do anything about it. You could think that my videocard could handle AA (it does in many games, even in some last gen ones) in this game lol, but apparently it cant.

I tried the settings posted in first page, and the game was unplayable. Didnt test the stuttering because the game was running at 5-10 fps.

My system -> gtx 650 boost (2 gb), intel i5 3570, 16 gb ram, windows vista 64 bits.

So, before i keep testing values, i would like to ask first if someone with similar system than mine (specially the videocard) achieved smooth gameplay without stuttering in first place. The AA comes next.

Btw, before start using nvidia profile inspector i already googled for hours to find a solution to the stuttering in ATS. I have vsync activated in nvidia panel, deactivated in the game, and even if the stutter is not terrible in most open roads, near cities sometimes become game-breaking. At first i thought they were just micro freezes because some mod incompatibilty or something writting in the hard drive, but i dont think its the case, already tried in a blank profile and the same. Less stuttering, but still, there.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 7th, 2019, 12:53 am

@n3mes1s

That was a pretty long first post, but you're very welcome in spite of that! :D
According to your own specification of your computer,
My system -> gtx 650 boost (2 gb), intel i5 3570, 16 gb ram, windows vista 64 bits.
I'm afraid you won't have much use for Nvidia Profile Inspector (NPI) at all. A very old
graphic card, an average processor, much RAM, but the game doesn't use that much
at all, max around 4GB, I think. A VERY old Operating System (OS). I would suggest
that you stick to what the game has to offer, use the Scaling your computer can stand
together with the graphic quality settings it can cope with. If it's also a laptop, I'd say
definitely NO WAY! I'm sorry mate, that's my opinion! There might be folks out there
who uses similar hardware who might give you better advice, but that's how I see it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
n3mes1s
PPM

Post by n3mes1s » May 7th, 2019, 1:12 am

Well, i dont have problems with other games more demanding than ATS talking about AA. The fact that i can keep 60fps (probably more) without AA should be enough to keep up with AA at least at 2x. Like in newer games. But my priority is the stutter. Before AA. I dont minnd playing with jagged edges if my experience is smooth witout micro freezes. Thats why i wanted to try profile inspector because i read that other people fixed stutter using it.

So, im out of luck and i need to give up on ATS? :cry:

EDIT: Well, the first time i tried it was a slideshow, i tried a second time with a different AA compatibility mode and things improved 500% but because i think the settings didnt apply. I see the edges more smooth but they are clearly there. Is there anything special we need to do after we click the apply button? also what about the refresh rate in the game? should be leave it at "default"?

thanks in advance.
n3mes1s
PPM

Post by n3mes1s » May 7th, 2019, 1:18 am

BenganJ wrote:
May 7th, 2019, 12:53 am
If it's also a laptop, I'd say
definitely NO WAY! I'm sorry mate, that's my opinion! There might be folks out there
who uses similar hardware who might give you better advice, but that's how I see it!
You dont even know if the system i wrote in the post is a laptop or not?? really? erm, if you dont even know that how could you know that profile inspector is useless with my rig? haha. :lol: Sorry but that line of yours really made me start thinking.. why you said its an average cpu if you dont even know what cpu is? :shock: and yes windows vista is old, so what? it works amazingly well And it has nothing to do with nvidia inspector lol. Come on..
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 7th, 2019, 1:23 am

Well, test this then. Set the 'Antialiasin compatibility' to one of the set that is listed in
note [1b], skip the AA setting or at max 2x, then try using the 'SILK smootness' parameter,
which has a pretty good influence on micro-stuttering. And please NOTE, you MUST set
the in-game Scaling to 100% and set MLAA off. Try and see if it works. One more thing
you could try to ease the load on your GPU is to set the 'Frame Rate Limiter' to max 40.
Good Luck mate!
DJ23

Post by DJ23 » May 7th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Hello and welcome all of you. I'm new in this place :) (yeah realy good greeting). So I tried all of these settings AA but i realy did not see any differences, or i'ma blind. There are a screenshot of every setting AA.

I tried it before and always was see the change, but after some update of gpu drive i lost my setup and i did not export of thesee settings (yea stupid me ! :D) My PC: Core i5 2400 GPU gtx 760 and 16gb ram ,2 hdd 1) 150gb 2)300 gb

0x404012C1

0x084012C1

0x004012C1

0x000012C1

0x000010C1

0x000010C5

And that's my NIP profile settings.
https://sharemods.com/h5d0h8h3d76b/EURO ... .nip.html

And i've got one question. Wthat is this that option below on the screen ? What do you think about it.

Realy thanks for help me! :)
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 7th, 2019, 8:55 pm

@DJ23

First mandatory question. Have you in-game graphic options set Scaling to 100%
and MLAA off? That is a MUST!
Clahoz
PPM

Post by Clahoz » May 7th, 2019, 10:18 pm

@BenganJ

I used your Nvidia Inspector instructions and I had a great result.
My FPS stays at 40 FPS. But I got that result by disabling the HDR as well. Beyond the MLAA.
I use Piva graphics without HDR. (PWM4_ETS_NO HDR_mod_and_Overcast_Addon)
My system:
GPU GTX760, CPU i7 2700K 3,5 GHZ
14 GB RAM
WINDOWS 10 64 BITS HD SSD.
This is in COMBO maps. Nexus or Nvidia Inspector used.

The GPU temperature dropped from 98ºc to 80ºc at 88ºc. Therefore relieved the GPU

https://gyazo.com/f093835a6f0b7a8ef5b5fba86c5f9c71
Last edited by Clahoz on May 7th, 2019, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.