When OWNED TRAILER is used, lag frequently occurs

BenganJ

Re: When OWNED TRAILER is used, lag frequently occurs

Post by BenganJ » February 6th, 2019, 2:03 am

@Qrusher14242

Well, i can only say that for me there's NO PROBLEM at all when using OWNED TRAILER!
I've just delivered from Växjö, Sweden, to Göteborg, also Sweden, and nothing different
from a delivery with standard trailer. Here's a link to a video recording of the trip!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Qrusher14242
PPM

Post by Qrusher14242 » February 6th, 2019, 5:26 am

@BenjanJ

Yeah im not sure. It could be all the maps i have loaded as well. I see the skips more in Rusmap and EAA with those trailers. It's not a huge deal i guess, i just don't use owned trailers. I have a ryzen 2600x/rx 580 8gb with 16gigs of ram. But i do have tons of maps loaded (basically Wombat's big map promods edition w/ROS). The game usually hits over 4gigs of ram when its going.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 6th, 2019, 9:04 am

Many maps are bringing trailers in the game, it's kinda hard to believe they dont influence SCS owned trailer files. Like Bengan, i dont have problems with it, but i dont use exotic maps. More than that i have seen my Promods profile having trouble with the new SCS update. Pressing ESC freezes the game, more gas stations are with no land (now even the big gas stations have this problem) and i think i'm gonna stop using it until proper update from Promods team or RusMap team.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 6th, 2019, 11:54 am

Yes, might be a question of which main map is used. If you took a look at the video
on YouTube itself you could see that I had quite a lot of maps loaded too, but the
main map there was TSM, essentially Wombats TSM BIG Map. That combo has been
very smooth overall for me, like it a lot! Well, we'll see if anyone comes up with a
proper solution to the problem, right now I don't have it! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » February 6th, 2019, 12:52 pm

@Arayas
"There is a time to freeze when you press the Esc key", this was a problem with Promods. I often get up, and place the same way even if you press the M key (map key).
Wait in this state until the next update.
@ Bengan J
I will put up with Promaods in this state because I will not remove it at this time: (
Thanks to you, stuttering has decreased considerably. Today, after a long absence I will post a video that I delivered using my owned trailer.
There was also a momentum stuttering (freeze?) That is likely to return to the desktop, but it has been successfully completed. later!
@ Q rusher 14242
Yes, I also do not have any problem if it is standard cargo. Thank you.

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel i7-6700K @4.5GHz
Memory: G.Skill DDR4-3000 16GB
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX1070 ARMOR 8G OC
Storage: All Samsung SSD
Intel i9-10850K OC 5GHz
Asus PRIME Z490-A
G.Skill DDR4-3600 32GB
MSI RTX 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G
Samsung SSD m.2 x2
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 6th, 2019, 12:58 pm

@clear F1

Looking forward to the upcoming video! :D
Qrusher14242
PPM

Post by Qrusher14242 » February 7th, 2019, 2:52 am

Yeah not sure why it does it. I just did a 30 hr job from Gomel (Belarus) to the western edge of Poland (can't remember the name but it was east of Warsaw) with normal cargo and no skips.

I have gotten the freeze on ESC before but very rarely.

I have been meaning to try TSM again but heard they took out Africa which was probably my fav part of the version i tried lol.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 7th, 2019, 3:11 am

@Qrusher14242

Yep, TSM team removed Africa, but there's another guy building Africa now,
totally independent of TSM. Have you seen this?

https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=25537

@clear F1 & Qrusher14242

I added JazzyCat's mods 'Ownable trailer Doll Panther updated to version 1.1' and 'Military addon for Doll Panther updated to version 1.1',
to get the same situation as clear F! had in his latest video. Then I bought it and connected it and loaded the cargo and drove from Trondheim
in Norway to Arvika in Sweden, the North Map actually, which is included in my BIG TSM combo. As you can see in the following video, I had no
problem whatsoever, smooth and nice trip all the way. Here's the link to the video I made:

So, I still don't know what is causing the extreme stuttering clear F1 got!

BTW, don't bother with my reckless driving, the faster I drive, the more objects per timeunit the game has to process. A way for me to provoke
the game at the most. And that initial trouble I had, getting through the gate, was because there was an invisible wall covering half of the gate!
clear F1
VIP

Post by clear F1 » February 7th, 2019, 6:19 pm

Thank you for the wonderful Video!
Yes, I do not mind the speed :lol:

It certainly is always smooth.
There are obvious differences depending on what the main map is. Previously, I tried Wambat's Big Map Promods 2.32 Version,
but it never got improved.
I think I will wait until the next version of SCS and Promods now.
Because Promods has the map mods that I used for the first time and I remember the impression at that time.

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel i7-6700K @4.5GHz
Memory: G.Skill DDR4-3000 16GB
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX1070 ARMOR 8G OC
Storage: All Samsung SSD
Intel i9-10850K OC 5GHz
Asus PRIME Z490-A
G.Skill DDR4-3600 32GB
MSI RTX 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G
Samsung SSD m.2 x2
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 7th, 2019, 6:38 pm

@clear F!

Yes, it's my impression that Promods is more demanding on computer resources than the other
main maps, TSM, MHAPro and definitely SCS Vanilla map! Your videos right now looks damn good,
so keep them coming! :D