GAME CRASH AROUND NIS (SERBIA)

bluejamouk
PPM

GAME CRASH AROUND NIS (SERBIA)

Post by bluejamouk » January 9th, 2023, 12:20 pm

I’m not 100% sure is roex related, but it seems that without roex this issue is not happening, also roex is the only map I noticed that changes the map in this area. I’m using the paid version.

I took a job involving a stretch of road from Belgrade to Sofia, passing around the town of Nis.
no matter which road I take, game crash around Nis!
I tried going through, taking the outside highway, taking a wide trip north, no matter what, the game keeps freezing and quit to the desktop.
I have quite a lot of maps mod installed, and would try to understand which is the one involving this region that is making troubles.
I already had a couple of similar situations on the rusmap mod, game did freeze and shut down, I tried again and it went smooth, both times, but in this area keeps crashing again and again.
anyone had same trouble or can guess a way to fix?
thank you in advance.

btw using only promods, in those exact points, the game stutter, but not freeze.
I tried checking other maps installed, and none of them modify that area, the only nearby area is modified by roex.
windows 10, i7 6700k, 32gb ram, gigabyte z170x gaming 7, geforce gtx970, logitech g29, man tga shift knob.
Tapir
VIP

Re: GAME CRASH AROUND NIS (SERBIA)

Post by Tapir » January 9th, 2023, 12:24 pm

It isn`t helpful to open x threads with the same content!

BTW:

Still no crystal ball.

System: Windows 11 PRO
Processor: Intel i7-12700KF 5GHZ
Motherboard: Gigabyte B760 DS3H AX
Memory: Corsair DDR5-6000 32 GB
Storage: Samsung 990 M2 SSD + 2 Samsung 870 SSD
Graphics: Asus GeForce Dual RTX 3060 V2 12GB GDDR6
bluejamouk
PPM

Post by bluejamouk » January 9th, 2023, 12:49 pm

my bad, didn’t realize it.
it didn’t show on my phone and I thought a bad connection and the “post” didn’t went through.
windows 10, i7 6700k, 32gb ram, gigabyte z170x gaming 7, geforce gtx970, logitech g29, man tga shift knob.
bluejamouk
PPM

Post by bluejamouk » January 9th, 2023, 12:51 pm

for my understanding is a bad road connection file.
as soon as I approach that spot, the known road should turn yellow, but a tiny stretch keeps being white, the next turn yellow and then the freeze/quit happens.
Tapir
VIP

Post by Tapir » January 9th, 2023, 12:56 pm

https://www.gmc-logistics.co.uk/version-146-ets2 <---- look here for tested loadorders with RC`s

and

https://www.gmc-logistics.co.uk/pre-setup <------ always useful

RC`s :

https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2370

These are general tipps, but without any background information ( gamelog) is only this possible.

bluejamouk
PPM

Post by bluejamouk » January 9th, 2023, 2:18 pm

thank you very much for your help.
I had basically the same maps mod, but not in the same order, I reorganized them as the gmc order, but still having exactly the same issue.
this are the last lines of the crash log

Code: Select all

00:20:58.244 : Creating save-game file (/steam/profiles/xxxxxxxxxxx/save/autosave_drive_2/game.sii) ...
00:21:52.499 : <WARNING> [model] Model geometry '/model/wall/invisible.pmg' has incorrect file version 506d6714 - expected version 506d6715. Converting...
00:21:54.037 : <ERROR> [dx11] Unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
00:21:54.037 : <ERROR> [dx11] Unable to map attribute (v.tex_coord_6)
00:21:54.037 : <ERROR> [dx11] Failed to create vertex input layout!
00:22:11.313 : <ERROR> Item duplication detected! 0x2F4C0F2CB2440001
00:22:11.313 : <ERROR> d:\buildbot\slaves\win_slave\final_build_ets2_146_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\eurotrucks\game\management\sector_task.cpp(49): ?execute@sector_load_task_t@prism@@UEAAXXZ: Failed to merge new sector data!
Tapir
VIP

Post by Tapir » January 9th, 2023, 2:19 pm

https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2026

I need a full gamelog after the crash

..and NOt the same order means : Crash !

Pre Setup is ok ?https://www.gmc-logistics.co.uk/pre-setup

Arayas
Site Admin

Game crash

Post by Arayas » January 9th, 2023, 2:45 pm

Maybe someone is kind enough to explain to me: how can a map who is STABLE, free of major BUGS, never in need for a FIX, FREE of usual map conflicts or material sharing (fld, etrusan and so...) ....

is ALWAYS blamed for crashes in parts of the world where the map IS NOT PRESENT..?? Yes, it's about Roextended. I was always wondering about motivation...maybe i have a subjective aproach to this...

For example....Promods-Roextended combo's....every crash was pointed at Roextended.....Logic, please??
While Roextended was always maded by taking into consideration permanent map combo support and..... on the other side .....Promods was always Promods-only, "we don't care about your problems in a map combo"......How come the logic works in this matter?

Is not a hate post or something, i just want to finally understand the logic...how we can crash your game in Nis, Debrecen, Nigeria, Cuba, Brazil, Moon, Venus or other planets...
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
bluejamouk
PPM

Post by bluejamouk » January 9th, 2023, 4:07 pm

sorry for the trouble caused, I didn’t mean in any way to throw any bad thing on your great job.

I started my post by stating that I was not sure about the correlation to roex, but that by removing it, the problem didn’t happen. I also stated that I would like to find which among the many map I have is the culprit.
since I never find anywhere (not only regarding roex! but all maps mods) a sort of picture of the map which each mod is changing, I just tried to narrow down all the maps affecting the nearby areas.

after spending days trying to find the problem, and with the help of another member here, I isolated the problem.
the culprit was bg+ which seems incompatible with roex.
I was going to post the crash log when I realized that after dozen of restarts and mod changes I didn’t disabled bg+.
after trying without it and using all other map mods, problem disappeared.

thank you to those who helped, and sorry again if my post did seem to accuse a wrongdoing of roex map.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » January 9th, 2023, 10:45 pm

May be a corect opinion, but that didnt answer my question.

To translate a problem like: "when i add the map xxxx to promods the combo crashes, but its working great just with promods" to a non-mapper person i will explain this in a simple language, avoiding map editor tech terms. Please see the map xxxx description, not related just to Roextended.

On the mapping world there are a lot of packs maded by modders for mappers, not usual mods to load in your mod manager. Materials to be placed on the map, not mods to use in gameplay. All this packs from this page https://forum.scssoft.com/viewforum.php?f=176 were used for years by almost all mappers.
When you use a pack from there, there is no problem if RusMap for example is using the same one.
BUT, here comes promods, taking the ORIGINAL pack and for some reason, probably to match their needs, they ALTER those materials and use them in their map. Does Promods only looks/works ok with those? Yes. And this is where you (everybody) are asking the wrong question, the corect one is: adding promods to a combo with other maps will create problems and conflicts? YES.
The only concern for them is promods only. Its our fault? No. We use the ORIGINAL release.

Second one: we had TONES of posts/topics about crashes in Poland, of course under same conclusion: "is Roex to blame? For sure! ...or the road connection!" After days of digging for a reason...we discovered that a custom prefab (the one adding deliveries to a roadwork prefab) was 1947 old and not functional under a map combo.

So, as a conclusion, if you crash in Promods area (Nis is not even close to any of our work), the corect way is to blame Promods for their work, not Roextended or RusMap or whatever. And you will get your answer more than relevant on promods forum reporting such a bug: "remove all maps and use just promods and see if that is still a bug".
Translation: don't use a map who is not made for map combo's and it is still in map combo's because people like us make patches to keep that map relevant. But those days are gonna be over soon.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro