CTD opening world map...

oldeezel
PPM

Re: CTD opening world map...

Post by oldeezel » February 26th, 2023, 10:44 am

Apologies if this is seen as necroposting an 'old' thread, but the issue is related. I have been away from ETS2 for about a month - long story, but 400 km house move, part of which involved the 'loss' of my old computer. Anyway I have a 'new' second-hand machine with similar specs, and Steam has all my sync stuff restored. I had a pretty big map working perfectly before the change, but in the intervening month there have been a couple of updated maps, and I now have CTD while loading, before the navigation cache message appears.

Load Order here is based on Vinnies, but trying to digest a month of that thread in one go is near impossible. AFAIK all maps are current version, as are all the fixes and RC's etc. I suspect I'm wrong about that, but I've checked twice! All downloads are from links found in this forum or SCS, except one where google only had a link from Steam forum.

Game log here. I have tried moving some of the map 'fix' files in the load order, but the last few lines of the game log are always identical...

Thanks, Deeze
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.
Albert Einstein
baneorthodox
VIP

Post by baneorthodox » February 26th, 2023, 3:05 pm

You are using full hybrid, and i think that you dont need PM & rusmap RC. Also crash fix for great stepe not needed. Also check GMC load order - they are tested and working.
System: Windows 11 PRO
CPU: INTEL Core i9-9900K 3.60 Intel® 1151
MB: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE
Memory: Kingston HX432C16PB3K2/16 x 2
Graphics: ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING
oldeezel
PPM

Post by oldeezel » February 27th, 2023, 11:00 am

Thanks baneorthodox, but I don't think it's a map problem! I followed your advice, but still crashed while loading. So then I removed all map mods and added them back one at a time, with appropriate RC files. Waiting for the nav cache each time near killed me lol! Anyway the result is that with Poland Rebuilding in the mix, it crashes. Without PR, no crash. I know that with a zillion ppl using PR, it's not the map that's at fault so there must be something higher in my mod pile that's causing a conflict. Over the next few days I'll put PR back, and remove other mods a few at a time till I resolve the issue.

At least for the moment I'm driving again, on 'most' of my map...

Thanks ;)
Albert Einstein
oldeezel
PPM

Post by oldeezel » February 28th, 2023, 9:54 am

For what it's worth, it WAS a map issue.

There was mention in Vinnie's thread today of a conflict between PM and Poland Rebuilding, but including Selesia 1.2 in the load order immediately above PR resolves the issue. I now have my original map (plus Silesia!) loading without issue..
Albert Einstein