Debrecen, Kosice, Rzeszow bugs and problems

Arayas
Site Admin

Re: [Tutorial][1.40] GMC Logistics - Eurasia Combo

Post by Arayas » June 21st, 2021, 8:44 pm

No problem, is not directed at you, i'm just saying. But as you see this are old bugs with misterious sources. :good3:
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Vinnie Terranova

Post by Vinnie Terranova » June 21st, 2021, 9:43 pm

It probably is indeed... I've just tried it in my test profile with only ProMods 2.55, RoExtended 2.7, RX-PM road connection, and ULFix v4. I got a crash at a slightly different location, but still on the 19, just before the T-connection southwest of Rzeszow. Again with this fabulous 'Index outside array boundaries' error. So it probably has nothing to do with Poland Rebuilding or Poludiowa Polska. It must be something else: ProMods, RoExtended, RX-PM road connection, ULFix or even the Going East DLC.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 21st, 2021, 9:52 pm

@Vinnie Terranova

Have you tested with ONLY SCS Vanilla PLUS RoEx or JUST SCS Vanilla?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
amagony
PPM

Post by amagony » June 21st, 2021, 9:56 pm

Just a little side-note I forgot to mention. If you open the dev-console inside the game you are able to "roll-over" that section (since you can't control the truck while the console is active), but as soon as you close the console, the game will still crash.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 21st, 2021, 10:06 pm

BenganJ wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 9:52 pm
@Vinnie Terranova

Have you tested with ONLY SCS Vanilla PLUS RoEx or JUST SCS Vanilla?
Good ideea, i can post the same excuse as other maps: Roextended is not crashing anywhere with vanilla map. Roex or RC, i dont know why those are the target of complaining sience ALL crashes are in sectors from other maps.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Vinnie Terranova

Post by Vinnie Terranova » June 21st, 2021, 11:26 pm

I've tested the following map combos:
- ProMods 2.55 + RoExtended 2.7 + RX3-PM255 rc + ULFix v4: crash
- ProMods 2.55: no crash
- RoExtended 2.7 + ULFix: no crash, but there are some visual anomalies. I have made some screenshots of those anomalies; let me know if you are interested in those screenshots.
- Vanilla: no crash
- RoExtended 2.7: no crash, still some visual anomalies
- RoExtended 2.7 + RX3-PM255 rc: crash while loading, but that crash was expected because of the RX3-PM255 road connection without ProMods.

Based on this I suspect something might be wrong with the RX3-PM255 rc (and maybe also with the RX3-PM255-PR25 rc).
But more important: maybe it's not the road connection itself, but the fact that this road connection was created for RoEx 3.0 instead of RoEx 2.7...? Maybe this road connection just isn't 100% compatible with RoEx 2.7?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 21st, 2021, 11:46 pm

@Vinnie Terranova

Please, post those images on the anomalies, so that Arayas can have a look at it!

EDIT: Can you also produce a game log from running RoEx2.7 only? That way Arayas
might be able to see what the anomalies is caused by in detail! Together with Promods
there can be a conflict, which we've seen too many of lately!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vinnie Terranova

Post by Vinnie Terranova » June 21st, 2021, 11:55 pm

Okay, first of all: all my test runs where from Kosice (Slovakia) to Rzeszow (Poland) via the road 19 / E371. On this road there were these anomalies:

Screenshot 1: road texture + terrain gap
Screenshot 2: terrain gap
Screenshot 3: fence misaligned

There are more places with change of road textures, but maybe that's intentional.

<edit>Maybe tomorrow I can produce a game log if that's still necessary. But if Arayas drive this road by himself, he should be able to see those anomalies easily.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 21st, 2021, 11:58 pm

@Vinnie Terranova

Just to be sure! All these anomalies you see when running ONLY RoEx2.7 together with SCS Vanilla?

@GMC Logistics

Sorry for hi-jacking this topic, but I'm sure you will benefit from it in the end!
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 22nd, 2021, 12:29 am

Vinnie Terranova wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 11:26 pm
I've tested the following map combos:
- ProMods 2.55 + RoExtended 2.7 + RX3-PM255 rc + ULFix v4: crash
- ProMods 2.55: no crash
- RoExtended 2.7 + ULFix: no crash, but there are some visual anomalies. I have made some screenshots of those anomalies; let me know if you are interested in those screenshots.
- Vanilla: no crash
- RoExtended 2.7: no crash, still some visual anomalies
- RoExtended 2.7 + RX3-PM255 rc: crash while loading, but that crash was expected because of the RX3-PM255 road connection without ProMods.

Based on this I suspect something might be wrong with the RX3-PM255 rc (and maybe also with the RX3-PM255-PR25 rc).
But more important: maybe it's not the road connection itself, but the fact that this road connection was created for RoEx 3.0 instead of RoEx 2.7...? Maybe this road connection just isn't 100% compatible with RoEx 2.7?
I see you are having trouble understanding things:
1.The road connection in EDITOR has NO errors or crash. Therefore it cannot be "fixed" for something it doesnt exist.
2. The error of the crash is the famous "index outside....bla-bla" and not some error related to the Roex map or the RC.
3. The sectors connecting RusMap or Promods ...PReb and so on.... are 1:1 the same sectors from Roex 3.0
4. ULFIX was not included in Roex 2.7, but 2.7+ULFIX=Roex 3.0 on that matter.
5. if you have visual anomalies those will be expected in Roex 3 also. If those are the result of the great 1.40 update, it may be possible. I don't know even now how many things this game screwed up with this stupid update.
6. my point about your conclusions (and others) like:
Vinnie Terranova wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 11:26 pm
a statement who REALLY bothers me,
is the fact i can "suspect" some old, outdated models from other map are screwing the index. The crash conditions are meet when you go in a certain area of a certain map. Its easy to blame my files, despite the fact when i do wrong i admit it and fix it in a day.
I can suspect that model its a vanilla model modified to serve the purpose of certain map, who works well when you use JUST that map, but wrong when other maps are on top changing the game to normal conditions. FLD prefabs? We still forget how much trash i was dealing with for the wrong doing of other people?

So, use what you want, in this case i have absolutly NOTHING to fix or to take the blame for.
I already decided not to provide a road connection for PReb in the future (also taking the blame for crashes in ALL polish maps, whatsoever) and now....
Well, complain and blame loud and clear as long as you want..because another combo with Promods and Roex in the same load order...will not be in the future.
Problem solved.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro