Debrecen, Kosice, Rzeszow bugs and problems

Arayas
Site Admin

Re: [Tutorial][1.40] GMC Logistics - Eurasia Combo

Post by Arayas » June 22nd, 2021, 2:08 am

Well, he talks about Kosice (Slovakia) to Rzeszow (Poland), so those are not vanilla.
If those are there IN VANILLA are gonna be fixed.

His bugs are at the end and the start of that road, parts in roex as a link to vanilla map. The road itself is not. He talks about texture changes, if SCS changed the type of the road there (+related prefabs) mybe my part of that road its in older form, therefore the missplacements.
I will see tomorow.
But this is going from blaming Roex for everything to showing some random bugs to prove it.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 22nd, 2021, 2:12 am

@Arayas

Yes, I checked it too in my SCS Vanilla combo, Kosice I could find, but NOT Rzeszow,
so I think my suspicions hold. He must have had more then Vanilla and RoEx2.7 in his
test!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 22nd, 2021, 2:24 am

i have checked in ROEX and there is (Kosice) a start segment of the road and an end sector of the same road who are changed to BALT road when Roex was updated to new materials. What is in between, i can asume is vanilla roads and prefabs who are OLD SCS, different than BALT materials. So...some terrain may look weird. Sience nobody reported it (because they use the map in a combo and that road is not in SCS state) is not fixed.
Those are normal bugs who have the place in bugs reporting forum, not in disscution about great crash in Rzeszow.
the game doesnt crash in Roex+vanilla and that proves my point about blame.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
therobloxians1119
PPM

Re: Debrecen, Kosice, Rzeszow bugs and problems

Post by therobloxians1119 » June 22nd, 2021, 3:44 am

If it's okay with Bengan and Arayas, I'd like to share my experience of what happened when I was driving on the road from Krosno-Rzeszow. I was driving on the road where amagony had the crash. Just as I had expected, it crashed when I was driving on that road. After it crashed, I loaded the game again and drove on the same exact road again. This time it didn't crash and worked just fine. If it crashed for you the first time, you might just have to load the game again. This is what happened to me so I just wanted to share with everyone.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 22nd, 2021, 5:54 am

@therobloxians1119

The problem with your post is that it has all been said many times!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
therobloxians1119
PPM

Post by therobloxians1119 » June 22nd, 2021, 6:35 am

@BenganJ

Yeah I've also seen this same posts. Since it's useless I'll delete it.
BTW, I didn't know you were still awake!
Vinnie Terranova

Post by Vinnie Terranova » June 22nd, 2021, 12:41 pm

Arayas wrote:
June 22nd, 2021, 12:29 am
1.The road connection in EDITOR has NO errors or crash. Therefore it cannot be "fixed" for something it doesnt exist.
Do you mean just the road connection only in the editor, or the road connection together with RoEx2.7 / RoEx 3.0 in the editor?
2. The error of the crash is the famous "index outside....bla-bla" and not some error related to the Roex map or the RC.
I know that.
4. ULFIX was not included in Roex 2.7, but 2.7+ULFIX=Roex 3.0 on that matter.
I also know that.
5. if you have visual anomalies those will be expected in Roex 3 also. If those are the result of the great 1.40 update, it may be possible.
As I'm using RoEx 2.7, could you check in your test profile if you have those anomalies with RoEx 3.0 loaded? *) see further down my post for some more information about those anomalies
6. my point about your conclusions (and others) like:
Vinnie Terranova wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 11:26 pm
Based on this I suspect something might be wrong with the RX3-PM255 rc (and maybe also with the RX3-PM255-PR25 rc).
a statement who REALLY bothers me,
Well, I have to start somewhere, right? I cannot look into the RoEx scs-files or the road connection scs-file because there are locked for whatever reason. So the only thing I can do is trying different map combos and see what happens. Maybe I'm pointing in the wrong direction. But maybe I'm pointing in the right direction. Nobody is perfect. I am not perfect, and you are not perfect. We all can make mistakes. But I have to start somewhere. And by testing and using new insights we can find the real cause of the famous crash.
is the fact i can "suspect" some old, outdated models from other map are screwing the index.
Now, this is interesting: I have the feeling that you have more insight information / clues about the real cause of the crash: you are talking about old models. Maybe those old models are indeed the cause of the crash. I know I cannot fix those old models. Maybe you can fix it, or maybe ProMods can fix it. Maybe even SCS have to fix it. But at least this could be a new insight in this whole problem.
Its easy to blame my files, despite the fact when i do wrong i admit it and fix it in a day.
I know that. And I'm very glad and thankful that you have fixed a lot in all those years. But despite you feeling it as blaming, it really is not from my point of view. It's just about starting somewhere.
FLD prefabs? We still forget how much trash i was dealing with for the wrong doing of other people?
This is another example of you having more inside information. But that's obvious as you are a map modder and I'm not. I've heard about some problem with FLD prefabs (I believe it had to do with the Red Sea map and UK prefabs?). I even don't know what a FLD prefab is.
So, use what you want, in this case i have absolutly NOTHING to fix or to take the blame for.
That's possible. Maybe ProMods should make the fix to make their map compatible with yours. Ofcourse I don't know if ProMods would do that, but that's another discussion I'm not going to have.
Arayas wrote:
June 22nd, 2021, 1:34 am
Let me be more exact: i dont have that road in Roex, i probably have that road in road connection.
I have tested and (double tested) some more map combos:
- Vanilla: no crash, no anomalies
- RoEx 2.7 + ULFix 4: no crash, several anomalies
- RoEx 2.7 + ULFix 4 + ProMods 2.55 + RX-PM road connection: crash, 1 anomalie (small terrain gap)
- RoEx 2.7 + ULFix 4 + ProMods 2.55: no crash, several anomalies
So, bottom line, wrong place to ask and wrong people (as usual) to blame, by showing this "anomalies" as a part of my work.
Well, actually I don't care much about those anomalies. It's a different problem, and also a very tiny problem. I can live with those anomalies with ease. But what I do care about is the crash... That's what this discussion should be about. But, maybe those anomalies might play a role with this crash. Or might not. And that's the only reason why I mentioned those anomalies.

If I look at the different map combos, I have the feeling that the Going East DLC + RoEx + ULFix don't like each other; therefore you'll see those anomalies. Who's to blame? I don't know. It could be RoEx, ULFix or SCS. I don't care who's to blame. Now this RX-PM road connection seems to hide most of those anomalies. I don't know what's included in this road connection, because it's locked so I cannot look inside the scs-file. But more important is the crash. With the road connection we have a crash. Without the road connection we don't have a crash. The same question: who's to blame? The same answer: I don't know. But now the real interesting question: who could it be? It seems to me that the road connection doesn't like RoEx 2.7 AND/OR ULFix AND/OR ProMods AND/OR Going East. As I don't have a clue what's inside the road connection scs file, I don't have a clue who's to blame.
BenganJ wrote:
June 22nd, 2021, 1:41 am
rather I start to suspect that Vinnie didn't take those pics when he said he did.
You should know better... You have visited more than once my Load Order thread on the SCS forum, and although I'm certainly not perfect I know how to make screenshots while using the corresponding map combo.
Arayas wrote:
June 22nd, 2021, 1:45 am
as far as i know there is no "Kosice (Slovakia) to Rzeszow (Poland) via the road 19 / E371"

in vanilla
Kosice is in vanilla. Rzeszow is a ProMods city. But that doesn't matter; it's all about this one road between Kosice and Rzeszow.
Arayas wrote:
June 22nd, 2021, 1:53 am
Either way....FLD or not, combo or not...if those are from vanilla, those are simple bugs generated by the road type change. Not "anomalies".
Possible, but as I said before: it's not about those anomalies, it's about that crash...
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 22nd, 2021, 1:36 pm

To sum this down:

You must start somewhere and you start with me because i am the only one doing connections. You cannot start with any other map (except RusMap who has the great Sergey) because they don't give a shit if you want to play a combo or not.
Good attitude, i will adopt that starting with 1.41.

{BTW, a road connection is not maded using the whole map x or whole map y or both. Is editing a sector from each one for every connection. I don't see the point of saving 1000 sectors when you only need 2 or more to the final mod. Also is not relevant for you ghost crash.
If it is a reason to crash, the editor will crash on you also. Best scenario, is not crashing but you get the notification something is terribly wrong (like duplicates).}

I have solved the "anomalies", good tip on those.
You tell me you don't care about "anomalies" but you include them in a BIG DRAMA about Going East and RC's and aliens and stuff. You are beside subject very far, because the explanation is pretty simple: unlike other maps i dont have in more than 98% of the map roads and prefabs older than Baltic DLC. I had those ugly roads before, then i have worked 3 months to change them all. As you know, i need a SCS sector in my map to connect Roex to the rest of the circus.
In this updating process some of the roads from the SCS sector got changed also to BALTIC, therefore your terrain missplacement, because SCS doesnt know to make road shoulders to be compatible one with another. Thats the BIG secret and, sorry to dissapoint you, it has NOTHING to do with your ghost crash or Going East or aliens and stuff.

About "inside" informations...is nothing inside about them, i have posted here many videos about the use of an independent pack (FLD) by other people who got them silently edited, screwing them for other maps. Later on, after bashing ROEX in all parts we discovered the problem and the people who did the trick in the first place accepted to revert them to the original state. They did it again with UK prefabs, Roex was trashed for crashing the game in Cyprus and UK, when our fault was simply to use a STANDARD FLD pack. But in the end, the bad taste in my mouth is still present.
I can also asume the same thing is still going in some areas one of those beeing Rzeszow. And unlike before, i am not gonna burn my time to fix other people work. And, is irelevant for the future sience i will not provide any road connection from Roex to Europe, other than the one is already included for SCS map.

Another thing you don't mention in your investigative activities is the fact the game will pass Rzeszow very well if you just reload your game after the crash. Same in Debrecen. Tested by me and others. If something is that wrong with RC and ROEX and global worming, why is not again wrong when you just reload the game?
Bottom line, my road connection starts far beyond Rzeszow or Debrecen and if you have a crash before reaching it, ask the people who edited that area, not me. I dont edit things inside their sectors, i just grab a piece of the road and link it with a road from my map. The rest is their show.
Yeah...i know...they will tell you to go take a walk because their map works well with vanilla. Guess what, Roex also.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
tantalus

Post by tantalus » June 25th, 2021, 4:30 am

baneorthodox wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 3:20 pm
Yes, that sector is famous for bugs (like Debrecen). Try this (it worked for me) : save just before the crash, then drive and it will crash. Start game again and it should be normal.
Took me too long to find this thread.

But no. This is not a solution. It NEVER works, obviously. If it works for you, then, something else is going on in your end and the game is crashing for you also for other motives (like traffic).
Windows 10 xxxx.xxx whatever is the last version... lol.
Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 Ti Gaming 6Gb
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming 450B
16Gb Corsair RAM
Gaming on a 1TB M2 SDD Seagate.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 26th, 2021, 8:07 pm

@Vinnie Terranova
Okay, first of all: all my test runs where from Kosice (Slovakia) to Rzeszow (Poland) via the road 19 / E371. On this road there were these anomalies:
You say you used the above route on all your tests. Could you do me a favor and once more load RoEx27Free together with only SCS Vanilla,
then take a screenshot of the World Map view covering the area from Kosice to Lublin. Then mark the above route on that screenshot and
post it here. I want to drive that route myself.