Lost profile!

therobloxians1119
PPM

Re: Lost profile!

Post by therobloxians1119 » June 9th, 2021, 10:53 pm

@baneorthodox

While were waiting for Bengan/Arayas to answer, I'll share my thoughts. When I lost my profile back in December, I found out it was because my steam cloud synchronization was not on. I don't know, but I somehow managed to get that profile back. If csbrat didn't have his Steam Cloud synchronization turned on in his Eastern Express profile, that's probably why he lost it after updating Steam. I have two recommendations for him:
1. Try your best to locate your lost profile in your file explorer
2. If you tried your best and still can't find it, then the only way is to create another profile. This time, make sure that the profile has Steam Cloud synchronization is enabled.
Don
PPM

Post by Don » June 9th, 2021, 11:04 pm

when i was messing with profiles and had steam sync turned off
when i turned it back on it said there was a miss match and which one did i want to keep
upload the local one to steam or download the steam one to my PC
Don
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 9th, 2021, 11:05 pm

Okay folks, the Steam profiles in the Cloud should be seen at least. But if you have an empty profiles folder
and are sure you didn't save that profile to the Steam Cloud, then it is lost. What I was talking about was
that I e.g. have a -homedir <PATH> as startup option to be able to have my ETS2 and ATS mod folders and
other stuff, like profiles, at another disk. If you lose that startup option the game will reset to the default
place. BUT, there must be some way to move a Steam Cloud profile to be local.

EDIT: I NEVER use Steam Cloud profiles, then I will lose my control a bit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
therobloxians1119
PPM

Post by therobloxians1119 » June 9th, 2021, 11:10 pm

@BenganJ

Maybe checking the integrity of the ETS2 files might be helpful?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » June 9th, 2021, 11:13 pm

@therobloxians1119

Nope, it will only check the validity of the Steam distributed files in the Steam path!
Won't do anything where the profiles are!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
therobloxians1119
PPM

Post by therobloxians1119 » June 9th, 2021, 11:15 pm

@BenganJ

Oh ok. Got you. :good:
csbrat
PPM

Post by csbrat » June 10th, 2021, 12:28 am

Wow, so much discussion. Yes, my "profiles" folder is completely empty. No, I didn't move the installation files - they're all in the original installation folder on the "C" drive, and that's an SSD so I assume no bad sectors there. My modded profile still works perfectly. And I am by no means a computer knowledgeable person - I still think it's all magic lol. And yes, I do use the Steam cloud so why it's not backed up on there makes no sense to me.

And the worst part is I was almost at a level where I could buy a bus. Oh wee, start again from the beginning, I guess.

Thanks for the help, guys. I was hoping it would be something easy but maybe I'll go scour the SCS forum to see if I can figure it out. You all have a great day :)
Don
PPM

Post by Don » June 10th, 2021, 12:36 am

@ csbrat do you have anything in your back up folders
should be a few folders that end .bak
csbrat
PPM

Post by csbrat » June 10th, 2021, 1:03 am

I have bigger problems, it would seem. After playing on my Roex/ProMods profile for a while and exiting to see replies, I just went back in and THAT profile is now missing. My Steam cloud sync SHOULD be on as I haven't changed it (I don't really mess with the settings.) so, I'm going to uninstall Steam and the games and try reinstalling them Wish me luck!

(Wondering if maybe I didn't check a mod out for viruses and crap before I installed it)
therobloxians1119
PPM

Post by therobloxians1119 » June 10th, 2021, 1:08 am

@csbrat

This was all the help that we could give you. It is quite surprising when you say that you have steam could enabled yet you still lost your profile. Good luck finding help on the SCS Forum. If all fails, then make another profile and start again. It is quite frustrating but you'll catch up soon. Back in November I had updated the game version from 1.38 to 1.39 and I had lost all my progress. I was quite sad but I caught up.

EDIT: You lost another profile too? Jeez, that's strange! I would check your computer for viruses.