Stutter with owned trailer??? NOT SOLVED

Don
PPM

Re: Stutter with owned trailer??? NOT SOLVED

Post by Don » May 31st, 2021, 1:36 am

@ BenganJ
full game log is to big for paste bin
this is part from first quicksave to shutdown
cant see anything different (but i dont know what i am looking for)
hope you can make sense of it
Don
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 31st, 2021, 1:39 am

@Don

Please, instead of using pastebin in this case, ZIP the game log and attach it to your post.
Read this: viewtopic.php?p=36327#p36327
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Don
PPM

Post by Don » May 31st, 2021, 1:55 am

@ BenganJ
game.log.rar
i think i have done it ok
i have to tell you it is very very big with Loads of errors and warnings
might take you all night to read it
i think a lot of errors are caused by Promods i did post a new profile on there site with the errors
but not much of a responce from them
Don
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 31st, 2021, 2:09 am

@Don

Number of errors: 1231
Number of warnings: 191
I see that you use V-Sync enabled, no other frame limiting, which actually isn't any limiting at all.
You will probably have stuttering even when using a normal trailer. All others here are using Frame Rate Limiting,
I'll check a bit more later on, but I doubt I'll get something out of it. Thanks for the offer to help.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don
PPM

Post by Don » May 31st, 2021, 2:30 am

@ BenganJ
no problem mate
off to bed now take care
Don
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 31st, 2021, 2:31 am

@Don

Same here, sleep tight!
saiyuki
PPM

Post by saiyuki » July 16th, 2021, 11:16 am

Hi guys. Something to try -not saying its a cure-all- but make sure your monitor is set in 'gaming mode' display, not Photo, Cinema etc. Gsync/Freesync, whatever, depends on this to work properly. It makes sure the timing is accurate.

Regards
saiyuki
PPM

Post by saiyuki » August 1st, 2021, 9:52 pm

Hi guys. Sorry to bring this up again but ProMods causes stutter/pausing when trying to use an owned trailer. There are many people that have the same stutter/pausing problem with ProMods, but there are also many people that say they do not have any problems with ProMods. I have tried and tried to find out the specific cause of this problem but for me and others, it's all apparently down to ProMods. The only thing i can think of is -as i understand it- at one time promods was using a 1:15 scale and SCS changed it to 1:19 scale (please correct me if i'm wrong), anyway, i wonder if some parts of Promods Map are still 1:15 scale, if so, could this be a cause of stutter/pausing? With Promods installed as part of a multi-map, any other map thats connected to ProMods has the stutter/pausing. Using a multi-map without ProMods there's no stutter/pausing at all using an owned trialer.

I would appreciate some thoughts on this as it really does spoil the whole game if owned trialers can't be used.

Regards
toffeeman
PPM

Post by toffeeman » August 6th, 2021, 2:41 pm

Been reading this topic and similar ones on other forums as I've been having this problem, tried just about all map combos including just base map + dlcs, and whilst the micro stutter was better in non-promods combos it was still noticeable, and I couldn't understand why some people had it and some had never had it. I'm using 1070ti and a Benq 75fps monitor (locked 60 ingame vsync 2(gpu and monitor weakest part of my setup)) and I may have accidently stumbled on a solution, a Nvidia setting I hadn't noticed before "Low Latency Mode" automatically in my global settings it was set to ultra, so did I bit of research (it's the new max prerendered frames thing) and noticed lots of comments about it making things worse fps/lag wise on certain games, so I turned it off.
In Nvidia control panel >> Manage 3D settings >> Low Latency Mode off (either globally or program settings ets2.exe) and to make sure in NPI max prerendered frames 3.
Now after 2 days and about 8000km I've not noticed the micro stutter just usual lag when approaching large junctions or cities, and all I will say is, is that it has worked for me and I hope it helps someone else..