Game Crashes in Larnaka (ProMods/Ro-Ex Related)

Josephk_131
PPM

Game Crashes in Larnaka (ProMods/Ro-Ex Related)

Post by Josephk_131 » March 28th, 2021, 11:38 pm

When running Romania Extended 2.9.5 and ProMods 2.52 as well as ProMods Middle East. The game crashes throughout different regions in the UK and even Cyprus (specifically Larnaka). When removing Romania extended altogether the problem no longer persists. I've ran tests alongside Southern Region, RusMap, SibirMap. All of which have no issues. When the game does crash in Larnaka via ferry or teleporting in Dev console. The game crashes everytime. Game.Log doesnt state anywhere within it any issues. But the game will close out and the log itself ends .
Arayas
Site Admin

Re: Game Crashes in Larnaka (ProMods/Ro-Ex Related)

Post by Arayas » March 29th, 2021, 4:42 am

ok, i was beating my head with this problem from Turkey to Roex.
And again "is Roextended problem", as it was few months/years ago.
Remember FLD problem?
(for newbees, FLD its a pack of prefabs maded by an independent moder for ALL mappers, his work is in almost any important map, including Promods and Roextended, RusMap, SR and so on).

For Cyprus, Promods needed FLD for left-hand driving, but off course, with little personal tweaks. Creating problems with maps who have ORIGINAL PACK.
Off course, they can use and modify whatever they like as long as their map has no problems. But, also, we can use the original pack and play with other maps with original pack, not the case here.
So, if you ask why is always OUR fault, watch this very short video (with cutted loading times) and tell me where is Roextended in this load order. Also, i did a V2 of the RC with Promods, who has 70 mb NOW, fixing this....because, you know? it's OUR fault.

The new RC is in download area.

PS: normal users like the one who started the topic (thank you) dont know this stuff, so i am not directing this message towards anyone, but don't be so quick to pull the trigger...in general.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
MrPapaBear
PPM

Post by MrPapaBear » March 29th, 2021, 2:34 pm

Arayas thank you I was waiting for you to come up with something. Because I know it wasn't "ROEX" causing this, even that People always blame the Map they remove for Errors. This is the easy way out. It took me allot of reading in this Forum to understand the connections between the Map Combos. I was waiting for my map combo to crash because we where back to long waiting times on every load(behaving like its the first time loading), so I was checking more often if something came up in her. I wish and hope Arayas that if you ever get to the point you can't take it anymore, that you step back- scream and talk with your Friends her on the Forums. Its frustrating I understand but I can't imagine this Game without this Forum and all the work you do, like you said you and Sergay are the Dinosaurs that get blamed for everything but are the clue holding together this fragile Game Map Combo thing. I wished People would think before they make aggressive or stupid posts, and every time a new Game Version comes with the new Map Combo situation it starts again. Sorry for my rumpling all I wanna say is THANK YOU very much for everything you do, even that you are not appreciated often enough.

(Not pointed at the Author of this Forum Post, I was general speaking because i seen the hate and Comments in the last couple days again. Her on the Forums, in Promods Discord and so on. I am always quiet but i see things and often disagree with statements made. :big_boss: )
Last edited by MrPapaBear on March 29th, 2021, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 29th, 2021, 2:38 pm

@MrPapaBear

I can't agree more!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 29th, 2021, 3:30 pm

We had this problem before, that time with regular prefabs, and they fixed in the next version. And for those who don't know, on a map with Promods size its a huge work replacing over 300 prefabs. We will see now, but i am very upset when people are blaming me because I DO things for them. If i will do nothing, i will not be the target of the blame. I can do like almost all mappers "my map works, i don't care about other maps".
You on forum see little of what i have to deal with here and in mails, from "dude, your RC broke some roads in France" or "your combo is shit, because i have 300 mods from 2015 and a bulshit load order and my game crash".
And this is seen also in my behaviour here, beeing very pissed off from some people who cannot function in normal way. But that's me.

When i am stupid i go in front and admit it.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
rakiboy

Post by rakiboy » March 29th, 2021, 4:25 pm

Arayas do I need to use FLD file in loadorder??? And where it would be best to place???
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 29th, 2021, 4:31 pm

@rakiboy

No, just use the new PM+RoEx RC v2! Replace the old v1!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rakiboy

Post by rakiboy » March 29th, 2021, 4:33 pm

Ok Thanks
Josephk_131
PPM

Post by Josephk_131 » March 29th, 2021, 8:49 pm

I appreciate you looking into the problem Arayas. I really do! I just had to avoid using RoEX with Promods with this update just because of some issues. You do amazing and quick work, and i really like that hard working passion of yours!
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 29th, 2021, 8:59 pm

@Josephk_131

Are you aware of that the solution is already there, Arayas fixed it?