Normal Map Combo crash and bugs Reports

Arayas
Site Admin

Re: Normal Map Combo Crash Reports

Post by Arayas » March 18th, 2021, 12:49 pm

@Stefandreus, this is not directed at you,
i am talking in general, because outside this forum, we have support@roextended.ro where we receive good feedback, and sometimes stupid insinuation.
For example, the bug i have exposed in Poland Rebuilding map it was presented to me something like (not exact words): " hey, did you broke something in Germany?"
Or Lublin crash........... while i am loosing personal time to create RC's and FIXes. No more. Basic RC's and use it as it is.

If you crash in UK and you think is Roex problem, good for you, i am not loosing time to explain to you how things work. I will take the blame anyway.
If someone is telling you on Discord or forums, "Roex is such an incompatible map with anything on the planet", and you believe that, good for you, not all people are open minded and free will and free thinking is something you need to have and develop, is not given to you just because you have a biological brain from birth.

It doesnt matter that this map was released 2 years WHITOUT the need to add later any fix whatsoever. And that is pretty hard to find this days.
Also, it doesnt matter we did independent fixes for other maps over the years, just to take the blame for it (no good deeds remain unpunished).

It doesnt matter that my work was used by a dude in his vids and now is trashed by the same dude (because he doesnt have access to it), or how i've spent 2 months to get my goods back from him calling police and carriers from foreign countries on my expence...i am the bad guy in this.
The fact nobody touched Roextended 2.6/2.9 on YouTube (except 2-3 friends of the project) is related to this, because, i am evil, you know? No problem, the map has its life without it. And when is dead, i am just gonna close the door and move with my life in no-stress areas, like i should.

When i had YKSRSK or Turkey RTP, all i was received was : "dude is such a bad map!" Now, with Turkey LITE: " Dude you cut the map in a smaller peice!" I shouldn't have touched the YKS map and use the time for MY project, because....you know...is bad anyway.

I am not mad at someone and i don't have any issues with bug reporting.
We don't use custom fonts and therefore there is nothing to be broken by Roextended in this matter. If we have a problem, forum users know i am gonna admit it and fix it.
When i say "fix it" i am talking about RC's, because things there are not related JUST to my map. So, mistakes can be doned there.

BUT, to do mistakes, you must do something, when is better to act like other map makers: "Here's the map enjoy it! Connections? We don't care!" Sergey and me, we are the dinosaurus here, and when you look on other forums...we are to blame. And both asked to erase OUR work in other maps benefits.

For now, judging from the lessons i have received over time, i will keep focusing in my project and i will keep providing files that are needed for it, like road connections, and that's it.

And this, until i decide that ETS is better without my wasted time,

almost 300 days 24/24 sitting in front of an editor or 9.5 hours/day in last 2 weeks (i've got lazy...i know).

1.40 trashed echo sounds, models and lights we have in the map, and other maps also. Probably MAT files also...leading to texture problems. New lighting system comes with FPS drops. They had over 200 mapping errors just updating some parts in Germany and France (still boring highways).
I am sure Iberia will be a peach.

Keep tight to your 1.39 map combo and i will take my time to see if this is still worth it or not.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Stefandreus

Post by Stefandreus » March 18th, 2021, 2:57 pm

@Arayas as modest user and player i just enjoy the fact that you can travel, it's relaxing for me and i need it for my mental health...and to have large map combo is obviously fascinating and fun, and of course the more you add the more the probabilities that the entire combination can produce error or crash...as you stated in the post in regard of the crashes, if you have a crash in uk or spain it can be related to anything even much different from that, give the blame to your projects is stupid and nonsense, southern region isn't compatible in 1.39 without your fix, so you ABSOLUTELY did more than what you were supposed to, and as i said, thanks for that, it's enough that we can drive on that map
i have ets 2 from a relatively small period of time, so i can't say what changes were made in worst or in better...i simply try to have the less maps possible and have all updated, also thanks for the background map that @benganJ tell me to install, if i didn't write on this forum i wouldn't know that
i surely remain with this combo for long time, all these updates...i can't imagine what can be for you creators
best regards from italy, keep going (if you want!!) with the good work, sorry for the impatience or ignorance...i have learn new things maybe
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 18th, 2021, 6:48 pm

Don't worry, i am cool as a metal shield. You CAN actually crash the map in any part of Europe if you have custom materials/templates under a common-used name or vanilla definitions.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
chillzap21
PPM

Post by chillzap21 » March 29th, 2021, 8:42 am

game.log.zip
I am using the normal combo, got a CTD when opening the map. Any help will be deeply appreciated.
thunder083

Post by thunder083 » March 31st, 2021, 5:10 pm

game.log.zip
Hi I have tried using this combo. I have downloaded everything exact, and put everything in order. I am not getting cities in Russia or Kazakhstan. I have tried adding a game log but see no means of adding an attachment even following guide.

I should note, I even tried a clean install of the game with no luck either.

David.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 31st, 2021, 5:14 pm

@thunder083

Hi and welcome! You need to have your first posts approved before you can do any attachments.
So, try to use a service like pastebin.com or similar for the moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
thunder083

Post by thunder083 » March 31st, 2021, 5:19 pm

Pastebin is telling me the file is to large for it. It was only created from one load. Is there a particular section that would be useful that may highlight why no cities are showing.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 31st, 2021, 5:21 pm

@thunder083

Okay, now you can try to do the attachment, so follow the instructions.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thunder083

Post by thunder083 » March 31st, 2021, 5:23 pm

game.log.txt.zip
Hopefully attached correctly. Here is my gamelog
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 31st, 2021, 5:33 pm

@thunder083

You have so many errors and the game log is NOT complete, it is truncated.
So, you should change the r_buffer_page_size in your config.cfg from "10"
to "30" and in your Steam Launch Options you should add.

Code: Select all

-64bit -nointro -unlimitedlog  -mm_pool_size 8000 -mm_max_resource_size 32 -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1000
After that you have to crash the game again and post the new game log!