Lag problem

BenganJ

Re: Lag problem

Post by BenganJ » October 26th, 2020, 9:07 pm

@dantec116

I have a very smooth experience! There were some time when I had a lot of stuttering
when passing areas with dense vegetation, but that was fixed by going back to default
setting of g_grass_density to "2", as I had it set to "3", which is a hidden value. Check
my Youtube videos, just click YouTube link in my signature.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
dantec116

Post by dantec116 » October 26th, 2020, 9:20 pm

BenganJ wrote:
October 26th, 2020, 9:07 pm
@dantec116

I have a very smooth experience! There were some time when I had a lot of stuttering
when passing areas with dense vegetation, but that was fixed by going back to default
setting of g_grass_density to "2", as I had it set to "3", which is a hidden value. Check
my Youtube videos, just click YouTube link in my signature.
I occasionally still have these stutters after applying the parameters that you have advised. But still, it became more comfortable to play. Remove them completely :)
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » October 26th, 2020, 9:24 pm

@dantec116

Run with the settings you have now and get a feeling on how it works.
Right now I'm pretty busy with other stuff, but we can continue later
on!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BeeAntOS

Post by BeeAntOS » October 26th, 2020, 10:27 pm

Just as it cannot do hyper-threading, it makes no sense for a game engine, which is (supposedly!) written in 64-bit architecture, that cannot use even more than one CPU core, to set up unnecessary watchers (additional workload) everywhere for a lot of unnecessary work (non-vital jobs)!

Compiled without considering the possible benefits of 64-bit architecture and without including it, the only benefit of this game being 64-bit is to be able to (LAA: Large Address Aware) addressing 4GB and above memory, and the additional placebo effect it will have on players!

For LAA, the game didn't even need to be 64-bit, they could do it with 32-bit architecture, but this time it would be underestimated and condemned for not being 64-bit in today's gaming community!

tl;dr:

Except for "ASUS Aura" I do not have any hardware managed by the mentioned settings that I recommend, however the game engine has turned on all of them by default and constantly monitors their possible assets!

With the system I have, with mid/high/sometimes ultra graphic settings, I can even play games that are written for game consoles and ported without any optimization process to the PC...

But this game is definitely not playable for me without adjusting the settings I recommend in addition to the experience I have gained from all of you!
ASUS ROG Stryx GL753VE Notebook
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Intel Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz (3.8GHz TurboBoost 2.0)
  • 16GB SDRAM (Dual-DDR4-2400)
  • 512GB NVMe SSD (PCIe), 1TB HDD (sATA)
  • ASUS GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB-GDDR5, PCIe), 17" Display (1920×1080)
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » October 26th, 2020, 10:34 pm

@BeeAntOS

Okay, that info is noted, might even end up in the Nvidia Profile Inspector topic! :=)
chernobyl321
PPM

Post by chernobyl321 » September 19th, 2021, 12:48 am

game.log.txt