Problem with non rolling road

bartofer
Modder

Problem with non rolling road

Post by bartofer » April 11th, 2021, 9:03 pm

Hello
I have a problem with a road that doesn’t accept vehicles...
I checked the node links at each end, they are correct,
there is only the prefab intersection that does not recognize the country...
What can I do about it?
Mercid in advance...

whatever

Re: Problem with non rolling road

Post by whatever » April 12th, 2021, 1:48 am

Hmm this is strange. I never had such an issue...

If you cannot solve the issue with the prefab itself, try this: Deactivate the AI traffic in the prefab properties. Then go and lay trajectories that start close to the beginning/end of the prefab in question. You would have to lay a trajectory for each direction. The AI traffic will then drive on the trajectories you just created.

This can be used in general to make the AI traffic drive around obstacles on the road or to let the AI traffic drive off the road for whatever reason. I usually use it in custom road maintenance scenes or accident scenes like the one shown below, where traffic needs to "move to the edge a little". The trajectory needs to start relatively close to what the AI would interpret as the "end of the way". Use the traffic tool to see if it works....

Also, you can use this on Bezier Patches that act as an end of a road, and let traffic turn in a wide loop there (rather than having immersion breaking spawning and de-spawining).
bartofer
Modder

Post by bartofer » April 13th, 2021, 11:05 am

Thank you for your answer. I tested the trajectories, but too complicated for the priorities of the crossing.
After several attempts, I finally changed the whole road and prefab by another model that works..
Thank you for your ideas.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » April 13th, 2021, 12:05 pm

Trajectory is not an option, you have a problem with country propagation. And be careful, country is visible after a save, BUT not mandatory. Only F8 is making things as it should, and is recomended when you have a version changed.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro