Using the Map Editor

BenganJ

Re: Using the Map Editor

Post by BenganJ » April 30th, 2019, 2:20 pm

I think I'll shut up now! :lol: :lol: :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
TunDrik

Post by TunDrik » April 30th, 2019, 4:46 pm

I'll take all of these ideas into account, but i do recall that even when i'm only running the map with just promods and my map,I run into the exact same problem, so I'm not sure if it has to do with RusMap. I will still test it later today, and i'll let you all know the outcome.
ETS2 Enjoyer
TunDrik

Post by TunDrik » May 1st, 2019, 6:35 am

Ok so this is what i know from my tests done tonight, and I think it's a good place to start narrowing down what could actually be causing this issue:
1. My edit of RoEx loaded on it's own without promods, works great, and England can be seen in it's place.
2. Only my edit of RoEx and Promods on a profile can be loaded, but ONLY if promods is on top (The load crashes if my roex edit is on top of promods in load order). This does work, but my road connection is not included when i load up the file, but all of the countries are in place on the map.
3. If I load promods on the bottom, my roex edit on top of promods, and my roadconnection above that, it DOES load, with proper road connections to the regions that i want, BUT the countries are misaligned

What i know to be fact:
  • This is a conflict with promods and no other mod
  • It most certainly has to do with my road connection
  • When promods is on top of my roex edit, promods is over writing conflicting parts of roex, and when roex is on top i just get a crash (NONE OF THE SECTORS IN MY EDIT OVERLAP WITH ANY PROMODS SECTORS)
  • This will probably be a long and tiring process of bug checking and narrowing down what sectors/files are causing these issues, but i appreciate all you guy's suggestions and helpful hints
ETS2 Enjoyer
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » May 1st, 2019, 7:39 am

The road connection between Roex and Promods is not a simple road connection. None of my RC's are just RC's. Always it has the "cure" for colisions between maps. So, that's why.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
TunDrik

Post by TunDrik » May 1st, 2019, 8:32 am

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP BUT I HAVE FOUND A WAY TO MAKE IT WORK!!!!! It is certainly not the most convenient way of connecting two maps, but it works and that's all the matter for me.
How I did it:
  • There must not be any maps or road-connections above the "map" file for promods
  • If I want to add a connection between promods and a different map, all I have to do is make a copy of promods map file, and manually copy and paste the sectors from the road connection file to the promods map file and map my own unique edit of the promods map file
This is extremely annoying and wouldn't make sense I actually wanted to release this mod, but since it works with me i'm going to end my work here

Anyways these are the hours I've amassed in the past 14 days just from working on this one mod, but I'm not even mad, I've learned so much in the process!
ETS2 Enjoyer
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 1st, 2019, 8:59 am

Well, sort of CONGRATS then mate! Just a little question about your scheme.
How do you do that trick if the target MAP file won't be unpackable? Already
Promods has done some attempts to make that impossible. I know how to do
it today with a trick, which probably will work later too, but I'm just curious.
I'm that type, as you ought to know by now! :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TunDrik

Post by TunDrik » May 1st, 2019, 6:22 pm

It appeared to me that the only unpackageable promods files are the Assets and models (because of course they don't want anyone stealing all of their hard work) so I have no problem just using WinRAR to open the .scs promods map folder, and manually adding the sectors i desired into the folder.
ETS2 Enjoyer
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 1st, 2019, 6:30 pm

@TunDrik

Yes, you're right there, but there are many other map creators that
have locked their MAP data too. Maybe the Promods team has learned
that it is meaningless because it's VERY easy to get hold of that data
in spite of any locking!
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » May 1st, 2019, 7:36 pm

Well, Mario Map is a good enough reason to do that. I suported that map when i didnt know exactly how it was conceived. Looks like it was by a C section. :D

Tundrik, the meaning of a road connection is to work with original maps. What you did is direct editing in Promods map files. Not so subtle.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
TunDrik

Post by TunDrik » May 1st, 2019, 9:01 pm

No it certainly isn't Arayas, but it works for me now :D . Since this will never be released, it doesn't bother me that much :lol:
ETS2 Enjoyer