Using the Map Editor

Ats
Location: Bikini Bottom, specifically the house of Incidental #83 (Fish #83)

Re: Using the Map Editor

Post by Ats » March 24th, 2021, 5:05 am

sorry, back again with yet another weird issue. when i change the road look say from ger_3 to ger_4 i don't notice any change in the road and how it looks. i know this should change how the road looks, say from a lighter blue colored road to a dark grey color. the problem seems to persist even a new map with nothing on it. tips?

On the left is ger_road1 (1x1) and on the right is ger_road2_narrow (2x2); on the right i can change each lane to a different asphalt color, but on the left no matter what the color/texture doesn't change.
Just another beginner map maker working on a project. Stay tuned...
MyGodness
Modder

Post by MyGodness » March 27th, 2021, 9:36 am

I also noticed that on german road. It's anoying. I made my port area with german look 4. Road look are all the same now (only german look 1) but the prefabs still show the correct look.

Also, I noticed that the gas prices didn't display anymore. Is there something SCS has changed about it ?
🇫🇷 MyGodness
Map Maker - Discover my 1:1 scale map projects on www.grandutopia.fr
| Grand Utopia Map | Mygotopia Addon Map | Patrons Island Addon Map | Akokan Island Addon Map |
Follow me on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Patreon !
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » March 27th, 2021, 10:25 am

Ats wrote:
March 24th, 2021, 5:05 am
sorry, back again with yet another weird issue. when i change the road look say from ger_3 to ger_4 i don't notice any change in the road and how it looks. i know this should change how the road looks, say from a lighter blue colored road to a dark grey color. the problem seems to persist even a new map with nothing on it. tips?

On the left is ger_road1 (1x1) and on the right is ger_road2_narrow (2x2); on the right i can change each lane to a different asphalt color, but on the left no matter what the color/texture doesn't change.
this is how it is, nothing to do about. SCS has many materials with incomplete LOOK, even prefabs with the same colour in all 3 variants. Not to say about prefabs without AI trajectories.

Yeah, now i see it too, gas prices gone. They've updated the light out of it :sarcastic_hand: :sarcastic_hand: :sarcastic_hand: :sarcastic_hand:
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
ItzHonzula
VIP

Post by ItzHonzula » March 27th, 2021, 10:29 am

MyGodness wrote:
March 27th, 2021, 9:36 am
I also noticed that on german road. It's anoying. I made my port area with german look 4. Road look are all the same now (only german look 1) but the prefabs still show the correct look.

Also, I noticed that the gas prices didn't display anymore. Is there something SCS has changed about it ?
SCS changed gas price stands from static to dynamic, now available as a sign template. I guess the prices should be now cached automatically with updates, regarding real prices.
EuRoadNet and Projekt Česko developer.

silly nonbinary existence :3
zi0mex

Post by zi0mex » March 28th, 2021, 11:05 am

Hello, can anyone give me instructions on how to update my own map from 1.39 to 1.40?
I follow the instructions, load the map to the editor, click f8 (convert), save it, load it and I still have the same problem, I get an "invalid item" window, the whole map is riddled with no roads, please help.
I only use original scs models
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 28th, 2021, 11:28 am

@zi0mex

Have you looked in the new save place, in 1.40 it was changed from Steam path base_map to mod folder user_map?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
zi0mex

Post by zi0mex » March 28th, 2021, 11:38 am

Yes, but I don't know what this has to do with my problem? Every time from this "user_map" folder I move the maps folder to my zipped archive, I delete that folder (user_map) and leave the archive in the mod folder and the converted map has holes everywhere, forgive my English (translator)
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 28th, 2021, 11:47 am

@zi0mex

From this version, 1.40, you should not delete the user_map as the Editor will both load from and save to that folder.
Only when you want to look in the game on what you have done, you have to pack the map folder under user_map.
Please post your editor.log.txt file.

EDIT: This is how to do it, a general way to attach to your post!

viewtopic.php?p=36327#p36327
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zi0mex

Post by zi0mex » March 28th, 2021, 12:00 pm

BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 28th, 2021, 12:08 pm

@zi0mex

For some reason you're missing a lot of signs and road resources. Let's see what Arayas will say about that.