Using the Map Editor

FurkanG61
PPM

Re: Using the Map Editor

Post by FurkanG61 » March 23rd, 2022, 3:11 am

I have a question about trains. How does it works? i mean im choosing “Blke AI rail 01 tmpl” and put it on the map and then choosing country on it also tried trafic area thing but trains are not spawning. What else should i do exactly?
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » May 27th, 2022, 11:05 pm

Can you save sign templates under1.44? not working for me.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
ItzHonzula
VIP

Post by ItzHonzula » May 27th, 2022, 11:38 pm

Working absolutely fine for me, just made some new for Brno and they all save and work good.

EuRoadNet and Projekt Česko developer.

silly nonbinary existence :3
MyGodness
Modder

Post by MyGodness » June 28th, 2022, 6:41 pm

Hello everyone 🙋‍♂️

I encountered a problem with the new distance signs and I can't find any information about them on the internet. I would like to use these signs on my maps and I have discovered that it is impossible to simply edit them in the editor to manually add the distance in the text box. This is because the text box is locked and I believe it is therefore mandatory to use the kilometre target system. In itself, I find this system really practical since, if I understand it correctly, you only need to create a target for each city. Then the distance to that target will be automatically calculated from the location of the sign.

So it looks great but I have a big problem as I can't create a new target.

There is this property window in the editor where you see a "create new" button, but when I enter the info, nothing happens.

On the Terramaps Discord, someone told me to add the target to the mileage_targets.sii file located in the def/sign folder but I tried several times without ever getting my new target to work.

So I've come to ask for your help on this. I don't know if anyone has already used this new system but if so, an explanation of the creation process would be welcome!
🇫🇷 MyGodness
Map Maker - Discover my 1:1 scale map projects on www.grandutopia.fr
| Grand Utopia Map | Mygotopia Addon Map | Patrons Island Addon Map | Akokan Island Addon Map |
Follow me on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Patreon !
bartofer
Modder

Post by bartofer » July 5th, 2022, 10:37 am

Problem with Police cars and Personal
In my editor, I only have the police cars Balkan, turkey and romania, while my card is declared France.
I got all the Dlcs.
How can I return French vehicles?
Thank you...
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » July 5th, 2022, 12:00 pm

personal movers and police are determined by the country of the road/prefab. check the country propagation through the map.
MyGodness wrote:
June 28th, 2022, 6:41 pm
Hello everyone 🙋‍♂️

I encountered a problem with the new distance signs and I can't find any information about them on the internet. I would like to use these signs on my maps and I have discovered that it is impossible to simply edit them in the editor to manually add the distance in the text box. This is because the text box is locked and I believe it is therefore mandatory to use the kilometre target system. In itself, I find this system really practical since, if I understand it correctly, you only need to create a target for each city. Then the distance to that target will be automatically calculated from the location of the sign.
My friend i dont use those so i am useless on this subject. I can live fine with my manual mileage signs.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
bartofer
Modder

Post by bartofer » July 5th, 2022, 3:49 pm

personal movers and police are determined by the country of the road/prefab. check the country propagation through the map.
My map is called Bartoland, and the roads are validated on Bartoland (Node properties)...
but how determined is Bartoland equal to France?

Thank you
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » July 5th, 2022, 4:06 pm

is not, any other country who its not in SCS database its gonna generate random police until you define one for bartoland
if i were you, to avoid complication i would use france as country and thats it
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
bartofer
Modder

Post by bartofer » July 5th, 2022, 6:54 pm

Okay, so, if I understand correctly, my map can be called Bartoland, but in the work files, I have to replace bartoland with france... ? (in "country", in "map",
but not in "company.bartoland.sui", not in "city.bartoland.sui", not in "model. bartoland.sui", "prefab. bartoland.sui", etc...

Or, how I can define french police ?

Thank you...
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » July 6th, 2022, 1:37 am

French police is already defined by SCS. Your ''border'' must be changed to france, and all the roads and prefabs have france as country when you press N, and city definitions must contain as country france not bartoland. Thats it, the country its already defined in SCS game and other definitions are not altered by country.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro