Using the Map Editor

ExtremorPL
Modder

Re: Using the Map Editor

Post by ExtremorPL » April 17th, 2019, 8:24 pm

So what is scale of ets2 map editor background map? I'm still exporting map in wrong scale and it doesn't match to original one.

Thanks for your help anyway.
Retired modder.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » April 17th, 2019, 8:37 pm

@ExtremorPL

Together with your background map you have to load the editor_data.sii file,
where you at the bottom can specify path to background map, it's size in x and
y direction and also the position in x and y direction. With these parameters
you can position and scale the background. It looks like this in my case:
bcg_map_name[]: "/map/bjmap.mbd"
bcg_material[]: "/material/editor/europe.mat"
bcg_size_x[]: 8492
bcg_size_y[]: 7024
bcg_offset_x[]: 22350 #10500
bcg_offset_y[]: -33950 #-7090
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
09_KZ

Post by 09_KZ » April 19th, 2019, 12:47 pm

ExtremorPL wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 7:26 pm
Hi!

I want to make Turkmenistan map addon for Europe but...
I don't know how to "expand" map editor's background map for Turkmenistan.

Any suggestions?
I will help you with this. Today I will try to expand the substrate for my card towards Turkmenistan. As soon as I manage, I'll give it to you. ;)
In principle, there are not many cases, I think today it will be ready. Also, you can make a connection with the map of the great steppe. :)

:crazy_pilot:
09_KZ

Post by 09_KZ » April 19th, 2019, 1:36 pm

Everything went without problems. You can try it.

https://sharemods.com/q71ji2ky17t0/substrate.zip.html

There is a def file in the archive, which is configured for a map of the great steppe, so this should facilitate your work ...

Note: for several years since I made the first version of the substrate, scaling in Google maps has not changed a lot, so there are some errors, but this should not prevent you :mrgreen:
:crazy_pilot:
ExtremorPL
Modder

Post by ExtremorPL » April 19th, 2019, 5:03 pm

Thanks for your help, I'll try this later.
Retired modder.
ExtremorPL
Modder

Post by ExtremorPL » April 20th, 2019, 7:54 pm

So... I opened ME with this background and YKSRSK 1.5 because I wanted to create some ferry connection between Turkmenbashi and Baku and then I found something... strange. It's issue with YKSRSK or this background is a bit moved to left?

Retired modder.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » April 20th, 2019, 10:27 pm

I use my own background common for Roex and YKSRSK, and i think the cities are pretty acurate. But always there is that bending of the map we can't take on account because we dont work in 3D. So, i dont know.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
TunDrik

Post by TunDrik » April 25th, 2019, 3:45 am

I'm trying to connect my experimental map to promods right now, but I can't seem to be able to open both mods together in the map editor even though they don't share any similar sectors? (This is NOT YKSRSK btw, those connections are Arayas buisness :lol:) I've been able to open both promods, and the mod itself separately, just not together. Does this have to do with load orders? and if so how do I force a load order when i'm using the editor, because I know I cannot choose what goes first.
ETS2 Enjoyer
TunDrik

Post by TunDrik » April 25th, 2019, 6:58 am

TunDrik wrote:
April 25th, 2019, 3:45 am
I'm trying to connect my experimental map to promods right now, but I can't seem to be able to open both mods together in the map editor even though they don't share any similar sectors? (This is NOT YKSRSK btw, those connections are Arayas buisness :lol:) I've been able to open both promods, and the mod itself separately, just not together. Does this have to do with load orders? and if so how do I force a load order when i'm using the editor, because I know I cannot choose what goes first.
Haha, just figured out what I was doing wrong! Now to figure out these tricky border crossings...
ETS2 Enjoyer
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » April 25th, 2019, 7:55 am

Arayas wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 5:03 pm
NOTE: the maps you are gonna use for this are gonna be damaged so please use copies.
In mod folder:
Step 1.Place just Promods - edit europe - note the sector you want to connect to (1 or 2 sectors)
Step 2. Remove Promods and place ROEX and YKSRSK (YKSRSK 1.5+def+model 1 and 2). Delete ROEX map folder from ROdef&map.scs -> Edit europe - note the sector(s) you want to connect to Promods from YKSRSK
Step 3. create a mod <<<<<FunTrucker RC/map/europe folder + europe.mdb(you can take this mdb from any map)>>>> In the europe folder copy the sectors you are interested from Promods and YKSRSK
Step 4. Place in mod folder the whole Promods and whole YKSRSK (YKSRSK 1.5+def+model 1 and 2) and the whole ROEX + your new mod.
Step 5. Delete map folders from Promods, Roex and YKSRSK.
Edit europe, build, have fun and share. Like a walk in the park ;)
Use this procedure whatever maps you need to connect.
More than that you must eliminate conflicting definitions. Keep in mind, in the game load order is important. In editor, not. Editor loads EVERYTHING, so any duplicate will crash your editor.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro