Map Editor Background

Dawsonsa

Re: Map Editor Background

Post by Dawsonsa » January 24th, 2021, 12:31 am

Hmm , well I’m open to suggestions, what do u guys think I should do, like I said I’m new to this map stuff lol u guys are the experts, iv had a play with building rds changing designs ect
Also your more than welcome to help build it if u want to
What’s ur suggestions
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 24th, 2021, 12:40 am

@Dawsonsa

Well, I then suggest that you play around with the Map Editor for a while and then
come back when you feel you master it well enough to start up a real project! I
suggest that you watch the video tutorials in the first post of the following topic.

viewtopic.php?p=244#p244
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Dawsonsa

Post by Dawsonsa » January 24th, 2021, 1:09 am

I have been, iv been watching multiple videos for last week , digging deep in google, reading multiple posts pages an websites , all I need is help to get the back ground up coz they have obviously changed something in 1:39 we’re it won’t work anymore once I have that then I’ll be into it
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 24th, 2021, 1:15 am

@­Dawsonsa

Okay, that sounds good and ambitious! Yes, they changed something in 1.39. But I've asked you for
a plan or a project description of what you want to do, but I don't think I've got enough info. Tell
us then what you have decided to create. I can make you a proper Editor BG as a mod, so that you
just put it in your mod folder used for editing the project and then start the editor, but I HAVE to
know what you are about to create, properly specified.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dawsonsa

Post by Dawsonsa » January 24th, 2021, 2:51 am

I’m not sure what to say but
I wana do a south and north iland , and have a ferry inbetween
I thought you just make a stand-alone map but could do an add on, I was going to make the State Hiway from , from the top to the bottom of NZ, and put in the towns alone that route
I wana try add NZ company’s also
Is that what ur looking for or? ☺️
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 24th, 2021, 2:57 am

@Dawsonsa

Not really! I notice that you have very little knowledge about the whole subject of map editing.
I have already explained e.g. about ADDON versus STANDALONE and you can't decide which. May
I ask, do you have any knowledge about the locations and the landscape characteristic in New
Zealand? Do you live there? Please answer these simple questions and then I'll decide what we
will do!
Dawsonsa

Post by Dawsonsa » January 24th, 2021, 3:02 am

That is correct as anyone starting out , but I’m a fast leaner and good with computers, Only thumb stopping me is this back ground image, the main way iv always learnt by doing this and trial an error ,
Yes iv been mostly around NZ and I live in Canterbury and I’m a truck driver and travel lot of the county
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 24th, 2021, 3:07 am

@Dawsonsa

Okay then, let's try this for a start. I'm going to make you a proper Map Editor BG of New Zealand
as an addon map, i.e. in scale 1:19 and properly located on my Ultimate BGs. It'll take a couple
of days, as I have other things to do too. When it's ready I will send you a PM here on the forum
and you will get the mod for the BG and instructions on how to get started. Is that OK for you?
Dawsonsa

Post by Dawsonsa » January 24th, 2021, 3:10 am

That would be perfect bro! I appreciate it thank you, is there another place we can stay in contact like Facebook or discord ect?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 24th, 2021, 3:14 am

@Dawsonsa

Let's start by you checking in here for a PM in a couple of days. In the meantime
you can always check other things out here, as there are quite a lot of good info
here. I don't use Facebook and try to use Discord as little as possible, but you can
reach me there with the same username as here! Have a nice day and see ya later!