whatever

Re: Using the Map Editor

Post by whatever » February 4th, 2021, 12:33 am

Ninja'ed myself here, by waiting half an hour... see edit above
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 4th, 2021, 12:37 am

Sorry, I was too fast then! 😂😂😂
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
whatever

Post by whatever » February 4th, 2021, 5:02 pm

Just another heads-up: Just could start the editor the old fashioned way with the command line options "-edit <mymapname>" and it loaded just fine, and rotational speed was ok. So no idea, if the rotational speed is some weird bug that happens on first start or if it happens just occasionally.

As far as I can tell having had a look at the textures, they seem to be fine so far, however, I am not yet content with the environmental lighting - plain noon daylight makes things look a bit "washed" out decreasing the texture contrast to a greyish flair, while evening light just enhances the contrast. Not an expert on the climate files, but I guess they need to be fiddled around with...
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 4th, 2021, 5:17 pm

So they changed the change changed before to the old way who was changed later and now changed back?
I have read on SCS forum most of the topic about this shit and what is to say....
You gotta love SCS and their management! No AA or SSAO, or MMA, MMAO, FFSO and so on....but we have new clouds and trucks with no flares.
whatever

Post by whatever » February 5th, 2021, 9:09 pm

After you posted that, I read through that 1.40 discussion thread there and saw all the images of tunnels etc....Honestly, I am not really sure, if I want to develop for that version in the current state.

Also, in the map editor, I realized the asset type "Sound" is no longer selectable. Which is a shame since that enhanced the immersion massively, if used correctly. Dunno if that is intentional, or if it is another bug, that I haven't read of anywhere yet.
Tebz

Post by Tebz » February 10th, 2021, 5:23 am

How to save map in ets2 map editor because when i trying to save i created map it will flash an error like auto compunding:finalizing and it will automatically close..how to solve this problem sir?
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 10th, 2021, 10:11 am

just like in tutorial
and why do you expect to tell you "how to solve it"? We are wizards? Atleast attach an editor.log
Tebz

Post by Tebz » February 13th, 2021, 2:01 pm

Hi i am having trouble using my new update ets2 1.39 when i am going to make a map and saving it..it wont save it will flash auto compounding: finalizing and then it goes to Euro Truck Simulator: Steam error what should sir
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 13th, 2021, 2:03 pm

@Tebz

Are you using the structure /base_map/map in Steam path? Have you edited the new editor_data.sii?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 21st, 2021, 2:54 pm

================ Folks! ================

Apart from the change SCS has done to where the map is saved in 1.40, user_map in the mod folder instead
of in base_map in Steam game root folder, they have also removed one line in the editor_data.sii file, this one.

Code: Select all

free_camera_uplift: 8.5
If not removed the Editor will crash.