Using the Map Editor

BenganJ

Re: Using the Map Editor

Post by BenganJ » December 27th, 2020, 8:17 pm

@whatever

Nope, you ONLY need to define the cities you add to the map, same with the companies!
NOTE that you have to change the mapname to europe, all lower case, and that holds for
all the files in the /map folder!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
whatever

Post by whatever » December 27th, 2020, 9:02 pm

Well sounds more reasonable to me than the behaviour I have in mind. Gonna cross check once I am back at my desktop. Thx for the confirmation, though.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » December 27th, 2020, 9:06 pm

Report back when you fixed it!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
whatever

Post by whatever » January 4th, 2021, 5:41 pm

Well seems to work now, when only providing the city names that are included in the add-on. Dunno what went wrong in the first place. Sadly, I cannot reproduce, so no lesson here for other modders..
whatever

Post by whatever » January 5th, 2021, 11:58 pm

So I seem to have some issues with the sign editor...
When I try to create a new board template of an existing sign, the template shows up but I am not able to "attach" it to the appropriate sign it was created for. Likewise when creating a completely new template, I end up with a sign template and a board template. The sign can be placed but the board template is not selectable and not placeable by itself.
I guess there's a missing link somewhere that I apparently do not create, which is a bit weird considering that you just created a new template for an existing board. So the editor should be able to create the link in the first place.
Looking at aryas video, I saw he had some lines in the appropriate board files that told the game which template to laod, but I fail to find that declaration in my attempts...
I fear I am missing something completely obvious...
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » January 6th, 2021, 12:22 am

you are, i did some templates yesterday, working fine.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
09_KZ

Post by 09_KZ » January 6th, 2021, 7:43 pm

whatever wrote:
January 5th, 2021, 11:58 pm
I fear I am missing something completely obvious...
Perhaps when saving your boards and templates, you need to choose the correct path from above in a small window, this change has come recently. Now I can't say for sure what it is called correctly, since there is no desktop at hand, but something like a base map instead of a map. I can explain later how I will get to this
:crazy_pilot:
whatever

Post by whatever » January 6th, 2021, 9:00 pm

Well I finally managed to get it done...
Apparently there are boards that - by default come with several different layouts (templates) - for those I could create a new template without problems - but once I select one that has fixed template assigned, then I am not able to get it to work...
09_KZ wrote:
January 6th, 2021, 7:43 pm
Perhaps when saving your boards and templates, you need to choose the correct path from above in a small window, this change has come recently. Now I can't say for sure what it is called correctly, since there is no desktop at hand, but something like a base map instead of a map. I can explain later how I will get to this
Yeah, I did that watched one of those helpful videos from Arayas and basically sticked to that procedure one-by-one and it didn't work unless you select a multi-template board.

Oh, and just in case somebody wondered, why I needed just another template for Norway...

Digital X
PPM

Post by Digital X » January 8th, 2021, 3:00 am

I have started a new map in the Editor, but for some reason when I press W and S for forwards and backwords it rotates the view, like it is going from morning to night really quick. Top down view is fine, but I would like freecam to place objects better. I have started maps before but NEVER seen it do this. Any ideas?

I am on 1.39 I have the map.mbd loaded, base_map etc all done.
PC: 5600X/16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz/Gigabyte RTX 3080
Wing

Post by Wing » January 14th, 2021, 9:54 am

Hello, Thank you For your tutoriors,
But I have problem with saving maps

It has error with creating out put files

how can i fix this error :(