Using the Map Editor

STEVEO

Re: Using the Map Editor

Post by STEVEO » September 13th, 2020, 10:02 pm

Thanks Arayas.
I just added those signs at the end of my files and it works perfectly.
STEVEO

Post by STEVEO » September 16th, 2020, 2:39 pm

Hi Everyone

I'd like to ask if I can be able to change the traffic lane to the same as for England[ left-hand], is this possible to change in ME or do I have to change it in prefab.sii
STEVEO

Post by STEVEO » September 16th, 2020, 2:44 pm

s in this video:

Is there anyway to change this?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 16th, 2020, 3:15 pm

@STEVEO

To me it looks as if it's possible to change to UK left-lane traffic in the PREFAB properties.
Make the change and when you run the map you ought to see if the AI drive to the left or
not!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
STEVEO

Post by STEVEO » September 16th, 2020, 11:37 pm

Sorry BJ, but this is what I'm talking about:

On other prefabs which the traffic moves smoothly, I've used only the UK prefabs, the other one is from blke dlc. Is this possible to change the traffic lane in prefab.sii file?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 16th, 2020, 11:55 pm

@STEVEO

Yep, I have seen that before many times, so obviously that prefab wasn't possible
to change over to a left-lane one! Let's see what the ME experts say about then!

EDIT: But it's nice to see that you finally is back home! :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STEVEO

Post by STEVEO » September 17th, 2020, 12:00 am

Yep, I'm struggling with this because there are so few prefabs for UK, thus it makes it less options to choose from. I was thinking to make an alternative prefab and then try to change this and see it it works, because there are commands for this in prefab.sii file
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » September 17th, 2020, 12:07 am

@STEVEO

Well, if you have an idea of how it can be done, test it, either it works or it doesn't.
At the same time you'll learn something new for the future. But you have to make
that prefab your very own one, not just edit the original SCS one, but I think you
know that already! In the meantime, someone might give you the answer here!
Dive in mate!
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » September 17th, 2020, 1:14 am

prefabs are dedicated for left or right traffic driving. You cannot change lanes from left to right. And yes, to possibilities are scarce because SCS didnt built nothing with left hand driving for years. FLD latest prefabs and roads are an option for this kind of mapping.

I've placed my 1:1 map on hold just because i dont have one way prefabs to create a city as real life.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
STEVEO

Post by STEVEO » September 17th, 2020, 12:14 pm

This leaves me no choice but to change the traffic lane as the same as for Europe. I don't like that but the UK prefabs are so few in ME they going to make my map too difficult to map. My apologies but I tried everything I could even USE the FLD PREFABS in ME, every time I'm trying to use them the ME crashes. So I'm really thinking to go for Europe traffic lane, Is it fine because we running a simulation game??