Using the Map Editor

BenganJ

Re: Using the Map Editor

Post by BenganJ » November 30th, 2019, 7:42 pm

@Arayas

Read my lips! I said that "unless the map is located outside normal zoom range"!
And that obviously applies to your map, so include it then. Otherwise I think you
should rely on standard map parameters from SCS!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » November 30th, 2019, 8:03 pm

I cannot read your lips, you have a beard. :D
Editor of Romania Extended Map
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » November 30th, 2019, 8:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
deni93
PPM

Post by deni93 » January 10th, 2020, 6:12 pm

Hi Arayas, first I want to thank you for spending your free time making great tutorials about ets2 editor. :D Unfortunately I have a problem when it comes to merging road with other road or road with a prefab. I'm using snap options just like you in tutorial and all nodes have same height. I'm also NOT connecting red nod with other red. When I hold alt button my road automatically adjust with a prefab but a prefab is like 1 or 2 meter under the road. When I check node height they''re all the same. In log there are no errors as well. If I try to increase height of prefab I'm also raising the roads at the same time, so my prefab still remains below them. Any help would be highly appreciated because I'm quite frustrated at the moment :lol:. Thanks in advance.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » January 10th, 2020, 7:17 pm

make sure the road doesnt have defined any shoulders(right and left edge) at the moment of the snapping nodes.
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » January 11th, 2020, 11:44 pm

@Arayas and everyone that feel for answering! :D

I've learned today that there is a parameter in ATS editor_data.sii file named,

Code: Select all

background_map_height : -35
which is said to make it possible to get those irritating sector rectangles out of
the way!!!! Nifty, but when checking in the ETS2 one, no such entry there. WHY?
Anybody used it in ETS2 with success in spite of that?
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » January 12th, 2020, 12:11 pm

i dont mind the original set. I want to see when i'm passing a sector or not, for connections sake for example.
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
adamec081

Post by adamec081 » February 15th, 2020, 10:30 pm

the map editor crashes while loading movers. please help
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » February 15th, 2020, 10:50 pm

hoe do you open the editor? Old way or the new way?
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
bona

Post by bona » March 9th, 2020, 5:31 pm

Hi Everyone! And Hi Arayas and Hallå BenganJ! :)

First of all, I must say that your posts are very useful and valuable. Your shares are guiding for those who want to make maps. I also thanks Arayas for sharing to Youtube's most comprehensive and descriptive Ets2 map editor tutorial series. I watched it all.

After the release of the Road to the Black Sea DLC, Someone started working again for Turkey Expansion map. But as far as I can see, there are big mistakes in his work. So I thought I could work with the map editor or I could at least give him an idea through the map editor. (Maybe I can make a map addon.)

Of course, as a beginner, I encountered problems. Since I saw you expert and knowledgeable in the field of map editor, I wanted to share the problems with you. Probably the solution will be very simple for you. :)

Now let me talk about the first problem. I watched the first episode of the tutorial video of Arayas many times. I did it like he did. But I failed to save my map. Let's explain in more detail what I am doing.

I would like to expand the map of Turkey. I open the map editor using the new way. For example, I expand the map as follows:

I copied the changed and newly added sectors and put them in the mod folder according to other instructions. But when I close and open the editor, it seems that all the my works I have saved have never been.

Am I ignoring something? I don't know exactly what the problem is. Thank you in advance for your help. I am sorry if I disturbed you.