Create a company

Let's fix or connect things
paokkerkir
PPM

Create a company

Post by paokkerkir » April 17th, 2020, 8:37 pm

Well, I want to replace only one company in one city with the name, logo and trailer of my choice. Does anyone know how to accomplish this?
Arayas
Site Admin

Re: Create a company

Post by Arayas » April 17th, 2020, 8:54 pm

So you want custom company, signs, trailer skin, logos ...and when you have this you will attach to a company using the editor.
Well, my mod used to add Roex, Clarrion and Aquila companies has 333 files. Just for one...do the math but not divide by 3 because most of them are common to all.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
paokkerkir
PPM

Post by paokkerkir » April 17th, 2020, 9:04 pm

The thing is, I'm completely in the dark about the files i need to edit. It could be something really straightforward but with a search I cannot find anything like this -perhaps I'm not searching the right terms.

I want to change one company in one city, only the logo, trailer skin and the name. Preferably just edit an existing mod because my editing skill in ets2 is quite small. But I don't want this company to be available anywhere else on the map. If you could point me to the files for roex company for example, maybe I could work it out.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » April 17th, 2020, 9:14 pm

It's not a begginer thing to do, it involves PMD editing for signs, creating MAT and TOBJ files. Is not like you change a picture on a board. People who create "real companies" mods are just replacing SCS names with theirs and change the SCS textures with theirs. Piece of cake. This is something else.
And judging by the fact there are so many files...a tutorial will took hours.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
paokkerkir
PPM

Post by paokkerkir » April 17th, 2020, 9:17 pm

I understand. So, is there a way to change an scs company but only make it appear in one city? My guess is no, but doesn't hurt to ask.
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » April 17th, 2020, 9:21 pm

No. But sience you use the mod just for you, take one SCS company and change just the name in company sii file and pictures on textures alocated to that company. You will have your own chain of logistic warehouses.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro