Voice Attack - Voice commands 4 ETS2

Arayas
Site Admin

Voice Attack - Voice commands 4 ETS2

Post by Arayas » July 18th, 2019, 11:10 pm

Let's give some voice commands to our truck. To understand the concept, instead of pressing a key on keyboard, you say a word.
But First, READ:

Go to this adress and download the trial version. https://www.voiceattack.com/Default.aspx
sgwsdf.jpg
With that you can get a free permanent version of the software. The trial is limited to one profile and 20 voice commands. Install this to see if your system it's working with it.
Any Windows 10 will work but you need voice speech recognition to be active - that means Windows system display language to be english (in my case with romanian activated it's not working, but i can change that).
The full version is 10$ and you can have unlimited number of profiles or commands + the updates that follows. You can give vocal commands to ANY game or Windows!!!! You can have a separate profile for every one of them.
Buy it if the trial version works for you. No need to throw money away.

Download and install the program.
Open it, pass those "help" tips.
1. Edit Profile - opens another window
2. change profile name and create "new command"- the command window will open
3. write the english text for your command (4 example: "exit") and press "Key Press" the new window will pop-up.
4.press the key assigned to that command (in my case ESC for exit to the menu of the game). By default "press and release key" is 0.1 seconds. But you can make the command to press that button for 2 seconds or whatever (see my "horn" command in the picture)
Be sure to revert that when you will add a new command to 0.1s again.
5. Save all commands and save profile. The little main window will remain opened.
6.open ETS2 and ALT+TAB out of it. Go in that little window in scroll down menu named "target". Refresh applications and you will see ETS2 there.
At the bottom of that small window you will see the microphone bar showing you if it receives commands.

You will do this once. The profile is saved, open it and start the game. You can use this for Windows by changing the commands target to open something (a folder, the browser, ETS2 game :D )
If you like it, buy it, is cheap and is waaaaaaaaaay beyond Windows voice commands.
ENJOY!
sgty4t.jpg
BenganJ

Re: Voice Attack - Voice commands 4 ETS2

Post by BenganJ » July 18th, 2019, 11:28 pm

I have used it already, it's a very good alternative to every kind of
button-boxes and such stuff! I think I'll take another look at it, now
that you too have discovered it! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
BenganJ

Re: Voice Attack - Voice commands 4 ETS2

Post by BenganJ » July 20th, 2019, 6:26 pm

A couple of questions about this.
1. You say you switch Windows language. Once and for all or back and forth when using Voice Attack?
2. Had any bad experiences with that switching of language?
3. If I remember correctly, was way back now, there were some 3rd party created languages supporting this Voice Attack. Investigated that?
Sorry for the double post, but needed to notify you! :D Hopefully before you go on vacation! :D
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti