Headtracking information

Make your game even better
BenganJ

Re: Headtracking information

Post by BenganJ » February 26th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Damn, that's not a bad one! Look at my specs! Sure, an i7 processor, quite old by now and a GTX970
card. You also have one of those fairly modern hybrid HD's! You shouldn't have to suffer from lag
in games at all. BUT, all these games support the so called TrackIR protocol for headtracking so
that's why I didn't have to change any settings in opentrack to get it going. The problem though
is the mapping curves, they ought to be different! BTW, do you know how to record a game session?
If you do, that would be a nice way of showing me how it works now for you in all the games we've
talked about 'til now! Any outstanding questions now?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
bogdac
PPM

Post by bogdac » February 26th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Just tried Dirt Rally and X plane without the delanclip and they both worked fine so I will make a couple of new profiles and have a mess around. Absolutely no idea on how to record a game session, maybe something to think about.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 26th, 2019, 5:48 pm

Short description of ONE possible way of recording when using a Nvidia graphics card.

1. Install Geforce Experience from Nvidia if not already installed.
2. Go to Settings, the cog-wheel up to the right.
3. Choose GENERAL, I think it is, at the menu to the left.
4. Activate OVERLAY IN GAME.
5. Right below the activtion switch, you've got SETTINGS, I think.
6. Check in there that the path for saving is OK, change if you like, or just note where.
7. Dismiss Geforce Experience, not needed any more.
8. In game, use ALT+Z to get the recording menu on screen, activate RECORD -> START
9. Play the game.
10. ALT+Z again and RECORD -> STOP
11. DONE, upload to YouTube or something and SHARE.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bogdac
PPM

Post by bogdac » February 26th, 2019, 6:33 pm

OK thanks Bengan. doesn't look too frightening :D I will leave it for the time being at least.but I can always come back to it. Thank you!
Somehow managed to sort out the problems with Dirt Rally and X plane :D With x plane there was a small IR box that needed ticking. i also lowered the graphic settings a little. Dirt Rally just seemed to need a new profile. Ah well that's enough excitement for me in one day! But that load of empty pallets won't drive itself, so I'm back on the road again :D Thank you for bullying me into buying the headtracker, then helping me set it up. I should have done this much earlier.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » February 26th, 2019, 8:24 pm

Well, the way I am, I'm the one that is most happy about that it works now for you! :D
You are right now in doing some driving and getting REALLY used to the new environment!
But, as I always says, if you got a question, you know where to find me! :lol:
bogdac
PPM

Post by bogdac » February 26th, 2019, 11:59 pm

thanks mate :D
jasewolf

Post by jasewolf » March 24th, 2019, 3:27 pm

I myself use a trackhat clip, really do love it, especially since where I now have my desk and monitors slightly more to the left and using the left monitor rather than the right, which has enabled me to be able to have my room light on without being picked up by the camera. So I don't need to drive in darkness any more.

Take's so much trial and error setting it up right though so you don't need to move your head too much but at the same time it's not too sensitive.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 24th, 2019, 3:46 pm

@jasewolf

Yes, the Trackhat is my favorite too, now when it also can be bought in a wireless version.
I've used what I've described in the first post, an Aruco pattern mounted on a regular cap,
for years now, but it is a solution sensitive to the light level in the room, so I am thinking
about buying a Trackhat from https://trackhat.org/ and one more PS3Eye camera from
https://delanengineering.com/ as their cameras has a daylight filter mounted as well as
having the original infrared filter removed. I'm not sure Trackhat's camera has that. Well,
in any case, headtracking adds an immersive feeling to the game, making it work more or
less like in real life.
bogdac
PPM

Post by bogdac » March 24th, 2019, 4:44 pm

Hi Bengan Tried to make a video last night using the microphone to add my voice, all seemed to be going well but when I played it back you couldn't hear my voice because I had the microphone volume level set too low :lol: :lol: :lol: BTW I think the video lasted about ten minutes, but when I went to review it I had two separate videos. Is it because I didn't turn off autosave? Or is there another reason?
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » March 24th, 2019, 5:02 pm

Hi my friend!

I'm not sure about what you say there, but I'll try to answer, may add some question too.
1. If there is a knob or slider to turn, you bet it is mandatory to use it. I hope you found a good level finally. :D
2. You say that the recording lasted for about 10 minutes, so my suspicion is that you didn't record the whole
video, but used the inbuilt feature of the recording program to save the LAST 5 minutes. And possibly you did
that 2 times, hence 2 files. Can you see how long those 2 videos are? Are one 10 minutes long and the other
5 minutes, or what?
3. What do you mean about "autosave" in this context?