PPM

Re: Best weather mod

Post by Bozo » June 15th, 2020, 10:34 pm

Comparison of 4 weather modes from Clumsy:

Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 15th, 2020, 11:26 pm

That's subjective coming from Clumsy, we all know where the compas is going :mail1: Just joking. I like the same mod because i liked Avatar, and Pandora's lighting and colours are the best :jester:
I would like a mod with nice sky textures, some fog and overcast.
The rest is the story of NERO utility. Started as something small usefull and good, growing to something that is more damaging than usefull. And with 7 accounts in different galaxies just to download the thing.
But is just my opinion, and counting the amount of hours i spent playing the game, it's not an advised one :smoke:
Ticreut29
PPM

Post by Ticreut29 » June 18th, 2020, 11:12 am

I tried a lot of weather mods like RGM, Naturalux, Realistic brutal weather, Project next-gen, JBX graphics 2, Grimes mods...etc.
Personally, the best was JBX graphics 2 for me.
The main reason is the skybox, weather quality, skybox transition and performance impact on the game.
In launch option I have: -mm_max_resource_size 32 and no insufficient temporary buffer error happens, Naturalux is way too demanding for my weak computer and causes my game to stuttering.
The biggest inconvenience is this a paid mod and you need to spend 15,50€ but is worth because you get all other update for free.

here's the result with Nvidia Freestyle

But this is just my opinion.
My specs
====================================
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
Memory: Kingston Hyper Fury X 3200 MHz
Graphics card: Palit Geforce RTX 3070 Gamerock OC
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Storage: SSD Samsung 860 QVO
CAPLV
PPM

Post by CAPLV » June 18th, 2020, 5:12 pm

best mod? :D :D ok.. best cartoon mod, maybe and paid... pfff
// ETS2 v.1.37+Roextended 2.6(P)+RSK Turkey 2.2.+RusMap 2.1+Southern Region 8.0+TGS 1.36 //
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » June 18th, 2020, 5:38 pm

I think the filter doesnt do any good to the pictures, but as i've said...they all feel the need to alter everything in the game with bad results. This game needs some skybox textures, some fog and overcast tweaking. The Brutal is too brutal, with other one i expect Na'avi people to invade the road from a tree or something.
The only one who nailed the weather was Piva, a balanced mod, not brutal or Pandora, overcast add-on is also on point. Sadly, as i've said, the skybox and transition looks bad.
paokkerkir
PPM

Post by paokkerkir » June 18th, 2020, 5:45 pm

I like Grimes' mods for weather. But also, an important factor is the screen that you are using, and its settings. A mod that looks cartooney in my screen might look realistic in an other monitor.
Ticreut29
PPM

Post by Ticreut29 » June 18th, 2020, 11:51 pm

Arayas wrote:
June 18th, 2020, 5:38 pm
I think the filter doesnt do any good to the pictures, but as i've said...they all feel the need to alter everything in the game with bad results. This game needs some skybox textures, some fog and overcast tweaking. The Brutal is too brutal, with other one i expect Na'avi people to invade the road from a tree or something.
The only one who nailed the weather was Piva, a balanced mod, not brutal or Pandora, overcast add-on is also on point. Sadly, as i've said, the skybox and transition looks bad.
I agree with you, the filter is way too brutal and way too bright.

Luma curves is way too bright for me

Chroma curves look better for me
My specs
====================================
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX
Memory: Kingston Hyper Fury X 3200 MHz
Graphics card: Palit Geforce RTX 3070 Gamerock OC
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Storage: SSD Samsung 860 QVO
Necrokilldozerr

Post by Necrokilldozerr » August 9th, 2020, 2:59 pm

Hey.
I use brutal weather and freestyle. Filters moved to freestyle. And I did anti-aliasing through the inspector.

WITHOUT FreeStyle MultiLut:

WITH FreeStyle MultiLut:

Last edited by Necrokilldozerr on August 9th, 2020, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » August 9th, 2020, 3:09 pm

@Necrokilldozerr

Wow, that looks really nice! Why don't you post your Freestyle settings in the special topic made for that?
Link: viewtopic.php?p=16820#p16820
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Necrokilldozerr

Post by Necrokilldozerr » August 9th, 2020, 3:21 pm

BenganJ wrote:
August 9th, 2020, 3:09 pm
@Necrokilldozerr

Wow, that looks really nice! Why don't you post your Freestyle settings in the special topic made for that?
Link: viewtopic.php?p=16820#p16820
The problem is that the screenshot of the filter list is not taken in freestyle. Or I'm not good at it, there are no such problems in reshade.
If I turn on the filter list and press altF2, there will be no list. I just installed additional filters in the ansel folder in geforce expiriens
Last edited by Necrokilldozerr on August 9th, 2020, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.