Best weather mod

BenganJ

Re: Best weather mod

Post by BenganJ » August 8th, 2019, 10:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No comments!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@3.60GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Tapir

Post by Tapir » August 8th, 2019, 10:42 pm

I can live good with this mod. ;)
FPS eating yes, but I can handle this. ;)
I can get over it, since I get more than enough return in the form of excellent graphics. :D
System: Windows 10 PRO
Processor: Intel i7-6700K @4.5GHz OC
Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: G.Skill DDR4-3000 16GB
Graphics: 6GB MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER Gaming X
Storage: 2 Samsung EVO SSD
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » August 8th, 2019, 10:54 pm

Enjoy mate, it's YOU who decide what YOU think looks good!
And mind you, no one here is trying to make YOU leave that
mod, it's just that we don't like it! :D For me it should have
been called UnNaturaLux, but that's me!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tapir

Post by Tapir » August 8th, 2019, 11:00 pm

Exactly Bengan, I enjoy it ;) .... and in the foreseeable future comes the release for ATS. :D
System: Windows 10 PRO
Processor: Intel i7-6700K @4.5GHz OC
Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
Memory: G.Skill DDR4-3000 16GB
Graphics: 6GB MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER Gaming X
Storage: 2 Samsung EVO SSD
tantalus

Post by tantalus » December 26th, 2019, 4:09 pm

Tapir wrote:
August 8th, 2019, 10:18 pm
Arayas, me and hundreds other, when not thousands, are more than satisfied with NaturaLux.

I know all other graphic mods, none of them is able to change the game in that form like NaturaLux. ;) ;)

So, again my statement. ;)
Yup, and there are hundreds that dont use it... because they dont like it.

I was using it until i discovered that Naturalux isnt compatible with mods like rusmap, great steppe, roextended, etc, etc (only promods) in the way that you are not going to see the skyboxes of naturalux, instead you going to see a big pixelated skybox :lol:

Now im using Brutal Weather that doesnt depend on the specific definition files of climates on map mods, skyboxes are not as great as Naturalux's but well, better than that seeing a pixelated disgusting skybox lol.

So, until Naturalux is made compatible with anything that is not SCS+promods, is out of the question for me. I will stick with brutal weather that i dont like too much either, next gen when its released or anything else.

And many people dont like Naturalux. As i said, the only thing i wanted from that mod are the skyboxes and a couple effects. Everything else, its completely bad. The lightning is too dull, too bright, some smoke effects are terrible, some redesigned ligths are great, others..... are a huge disaster... etc.

The realistic graphics mod from Frank64 in this sense was much better. Skyboxes arent great... but the rest, in my opinion is far better than Naturalux. And that mod is far more "realistic" than Naturalux. I think the hype on Naturalux is so big for whatever reason that people just assume its the "best" graphic mod... it isnt. By far. It is just a choice. The only thing that made naturalux different from other graphics mod is : the skybox with the mooon. Was the only mod that introduced a semi-high resolution cloudy moon skybox. And the effects when it rains (smoke and water spray). Everything else.. nothing special or different from other mods. Its also funny when people call something "Realistic" in the case of naturalux "Natural" when that person who made the mod actually seem to have no clue about what makes weather realistic or not... :?: :lol:
Last edited by tantalus on December 26th, 2019, 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » December 26th, 2019, 4:15 pm

@tantalus

I agree with you here too and to me it is so bad with those BIG HD skyboxes,
as they force me to reduce the number of loading buffers to 9 instead of the
31 I have now!
tantalus

Post by tantalus » December 26th, 2019, 4:23 pm

BenganJ i also had about 30 temporary buffers in 1.35, but then i realized that you dont need those many (unless your system is ancient) with 9 you have more than enough as long as you dont fill your game installation with unpolished unoptimized mods.

And again, remember, naturalux is not FORCING you to change 30 to 9, or reducing the buffer size... unless you have an ancient computer. Its only telling you that if you dont want to see those warnings about insuficient temporary buffer blah blah, you need to increase the buffer size to 100. That is not a requirement from naturalux. The guy who made the mod wrote that making people believe its like a requirement or something you need to do to be able to use the mod. It isnt lol. Just the guy who made Naturalux doesnt have enough knwoledge in this matter to actually say "its recommended, not mandatory". Im assuming you have a decent computer, so in your case BenganJ it really is not going to cause too much difference playing with 30 smaller buffers instead 9 bigger ones. BUT, increasing the pool size to something like 6k or 7k depending on your total memory pool (videocard+system) is highly recommended if not a must when using not only naturalux but when using many many mods.

I think by now, people who are used to play with mods (polished mods <<<) already did their research and they already know (they should) about all these command launch options since a long time ago.

Naturalux, is a great mod, but not as great as people think. Everything is in the hype. Its like all those "realistic" graphics mods or reshade presets you see in the official SCS forums. I laugh so much.... someone makes a reshade preset with the shaders they think look "better" they paste it on the forums, and voila, another graphic "mod". Hahahaha, and you read all the comments and everyone is like "wow, that looks amazing" "wow, that looks really realistic...", i mean, seriously??? hahaha. :?

SCS defaults are already great. And a lot of times, without you realizing it, SCS weather and graphics look better than most mods or presets you can find. It is just we are used to expect something new and we assume that new is going to be better than what we already have. Many times it isnt. Some people just dont have the ability to see it. Ive seen in the officila SCS forums so much crap talking about graphic mods and presets... a million times worst than the SCS defaults and still people think the opposite just because its something new or they see 4 fancy screenshots... its depressing sometimes.

Naturalux? the only good about that mod are the skyboxes and a couple of atmospheric effects. Thats all, but people still think its the best of the best.. probably because of ignorance or because of whatever reason. And skyboxes are great only because they are high resolution, nothing more. Also the fact that you need to endure a cataclism when downloading naturalux... its definitely making people to think twice before using it. Its not worthy.