[Tutorial][1.49] GMC Logistics - Ultimate Map Combo

GMC Logistics
Modder

[Tutorial][1.49] GMC Logistics - Ultimate Map Combo

Post by GMC Logistics » December 11th, 2023, 11:15 pm

Hello ROEX Forum,

ETS2 1.49 - GMC Logistics - Ultimate Map Combo - Single Player & Convoy Compatible 01.04.2024

We test all our Map Mods included in the Combo.
If there are any issues, please contact us on Discord or reply to this post.
All Download Links and the Load order are in the link below:
Single Player & Convoy Compatible

https://www.gmc-logistics.co.uk/ultimate-1-49-new

Changelog:

Added:

Heart of Africa Fix
Road into Wilderness - Java Road Revolution Fix

Updated

Extreme Ferry Killer
Ferry Killer
Project Caucasus
SibirMap 2.0 Caps Fix
SibirMap 2.8.0

Removed:

Moreferries ~ Not needed anymore

YouTube Tutorial:

Here is a link to our Discord:

https://discord.gg/gmclogisticcs

Kindest Regards,

GMC Logistics Combo Team
Last edited by GMC Logistics on April 1st, 2024, 2:06 am, edited 15 times in total.
Wolfseye
PPM

Re: [Tutorial][1.49] GMC Logistics - Ultimate Map Combo

Post by Wolfseye » December 13th, 2023, 9:41 am

How come the "Ultimate" Combo has no regular Promods, but only great Steppe ? There are more maps in the regular Combo, never seen that before.
Thanks for your work !

Code: Select all

I might get easily frustrated and say something wrong on occasion, but I never really mean it. Please do what I often cant, dont take it too personal. And please forgive me. Thanks guys. :) 
FreedomFries
PPM

Post by FreedomFries » December 13th, 2023, 10:17 am

The reason the Ultimate combo has no ProMods is because of the West Balkans DLC; ProMods overwrites it with their old, own areas for the time. So if you want to play on the new DLC areas, you can't use ProMods.
Wolfseye
PPM

Post by Wolfseye » December 13th, 2023, 11:15 am

Yes, I know, that is known. But what does that have to do with the new DLC ? The Ultimate Combo was never about always using the latest DLC, if the mods didnt support that yet. But rather have a really big version of the smaller ex-Eurasia Combo. And since you can run Promods fine with without the new DLC stuff, what would that limit the Ultimate Combo from being bigger ? ;)

I think, considering Promods is one of the biggest, next to ROEx, if not the biggest Map mod for ETS2. So then I think, if you call it "Ultimate", Promods should be part of it.

I might get easily frustrated and say something wrong on occasion, but I never really mean it. Please do what I often cant, dont take it too personal. And please forgive me. Thanks guys. :) 
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » December 13th, 2023, 11:41 am

The integration of the new DLC is not that hard even for one mapper (there is a mod in SCS forum doing it, made by a newbee mapper), one with experience can do it in maximum one week.
For a crowded team as promods...piece of cake.
They are keeping this layout WITH INTENT.

With Greece DLC they will do the same. No problem.
After that release we are gonna make a patch keeping from that map just Scandinavia (next DLC after Greece), UK and Island, the rest is old and irelevant.
With that... problem solved for many people using map combos.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Wolfseye
PPM

Post by Wolfseye » December 13th, 2023, 11:47 am

Arayas wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 11:41 am
The integration of the new DLC is not that hard even for one mapper (there is a mod in SCS forum doing it, made by a newbee mapper), one with experience can do it in maximum one week.
For a crowded team as promods...piece of cake.
They are keeping this layout WITH INTENT.
Thanks for the Info @Arayas ... that sucks. I mean, I surely know NOTHING about modding in this game. So, i can imagine things are a lot of work, simply because I dont know how it works. But arent Promods quite some people ? I am always impressed, how you do this awesome map on your own and made so much progress over time, considering you are also fast when it comes to Updates. From the major mods, like RusMap, Promods, RoEX etc. yours is usually updated really quickly, and you're just one person. ;) Impressive. :bye: :good:

Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » December 13th, 2023, 11:58 am

Updates are also easy, we have a BETA for weeks to update stuff. Once final release is doned, the updates are already in place.
A thing any modder can do, mappers included.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
humpwheat
PPM

Post by humpwheat » December 15th, 2023, 1:00 am

Wolfseye wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 11:15 am
Yes, I know, that is known. But what does that have to do with the new DLC ? The Ultimate Combo was never about always using the latest DLC, if the mods didnt support that yet. But rather have a really big version of the smaller ex-Eurasia Combo. And since you can run Promods fine with without the new DLC stuff, what would that limit the Ultimate Combo from being bigger ? ;)

I think, considering Promods is one of the biggest, next to ROEx, if not the biggest Map mod for ETS2. So then I think, if you call it "Ultimate", Promods should be part of it.
I understand your point, but I guess it boils down to simple semantics. Global combo was actually the biggest combo, historically. Ultimate is fairly new. It comes down to individual interpretation of which word represents that better for us. It's subjective, I think.

Just my humble opinion, like. :thank_you2:
Wolfseye
PPM

Post by Wolfseye » December 15th, 2023, 10:36 am

True, but if its called "Ultimate" in name, it sure shouldnt be even smaller than what the smaller one, previously "Eurasia" now called "Afroeurasia", is. :grin: That was the small one. If you throw out words like Ultimate, it should have anything really "ultimate" that makes it stand out. But in this case its smaller as the small combo. Not sure the naming fits. ;)

But of course, technically its semantics. ^^ If you go to the car dealer and buy a car, and they have the regular and the "Ultimate" Edition of said car. You'd expect the "Ultimate" to have something more special, wouldnt you. ;)
If you throw names like that around, it should also somehow live up to that. :)

And please, dont start with something like "Its for free, what are you complaining about!" because that has nothing to do with it. I am pretty sure, everyone loves the GMC Combos and appreciates them a lot, at least I do. Thats not in question here at all !

But given the combo's histories so far, and their usual sizes, the naming is kinda confusing. I'd expected the new Promods version not only in the smaller one of the Combos, but especially in the larger one, or one that is called "Ultimate" would suggest. If its about the new SCS DLC Content beinbg represented, could have simply made a copy / paste version of this combo, and left Promods out for those that prefer the new DLC. But I think most people expect (not meant in a demanding way!), or rather call it assume, the larger Combos to come with all Promods parts. But maybe thats just me assuming. ;)

Ronin
VIP

Post by Ronin » December 15th, 2023, 10:54 am

What is in a name?
That is always the question....
To assume that the Ultimate Combo must be the Combo with Promods is to assume that a Combo without Promods cannot be Ultimate? Why not....
In this case this was chosen because the Combo with Promods overwrites the new Balkan DLC. And in my opinion, a combo without the West Balkan DLC is not really Ultimate.
But it is indeed semantics. And the choice lies with GMC, but I understand the choice!
Proc: i7-9750H 2,6 GHz (max. 4,5 GHz)
Mem: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS ROG -STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING 6 GB GDDR6