Roextended Bugs - report here

Home of Roextended Map
Arayas
Site Admin

Re: Roextended Bugs - report here

Post by Arayas » May 6th, 2021, 7:01 am

I play the game testing my map.
I have 1660 and Ryzen 7 and a new 34" 165hz monitor placing some weight on my FPS as it was seen in test video. So, i am not using a NASA PC.
I could say your Ryzen 200 series is bottlenecking your PC, but i am not an expert.
What you talk about is pure fantasy, and that not because is my map.
There are streams and videos all over YouTube proving normal performance.
Roextended doesnt have low-poly ugly buildings next to road, but if we have to make a city with a building and 2 trees, i choose not to do it.
So...my solution for you, remove the map and enjoy what works for you.
And "for you" ....are the key words in this situation.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Forza Gamer 777
PPM

Post by Forza Gamer 777 » May 6th, 2021, 10:31 am

Arayas wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 7:01 am
I play the game testing my map.
I have 1660 and Ryzen 7 and a new 34" 165hz monitor placing some weight on my FPS as it was seen in test video. So, i am not using a NASA PC.
I could say your Ryzen 200 series is bottlenecking your PC, but i am not an expert.
What you talk about is pure fantasy, and that not because is my map.
There are streams and videos all over YouTube proving normal performance.
Roextended doesnt have low-poly ugly buildings next to road, but if we have to make a city with a building and 2 trees, i choose not to do it.
So...my solution for you, remove the map and enjoy what works for you.
And "for you" ....are the key words in this situation.
In general, to be honest, almost everyone has problems on the territory of ROEX. At the same time, everything is fine on the territory of the SCS, and the problems often begin precisely in the territories changed or added by the map. And the Ryzen 5 2600 is far from being a bottleneck, since the game uses a maximum of 2 of its cores, all the rest in idle (it is noticeable by the FPS monitor, since I have a 2600 myself). No other map has such lighting problems, it's true. I do not know how it needs to be redone, but on the ROEX map without fixing, huge overexposures are visible on the map lighting, which plant FPS. Fixing lighting seems to change the picture, but does not change the huge consumption of resources. You have to do something about it. The map is very beautiful and pleasant to ride on, but this is the problem that pisses me off the most. Nobody wants to delete the map, we just want to ride it nicely, like on Promods, Rusmap, South Region and others. By the way, the Southern region also squanders FPS in cities a little, but we just want there to be no such problems at night. I hope that SCS tools can do this

EDIT: Although I have noticed for a long time that FPS often drops vegetation rather than high poly buildings. It is at the entrance to the vegetation that the FPS in some places is dropped 2 times (this is a feature of the SCS engine. If the video card cannot make as many frames as approximately needed for, for example, 60 hertz, then the video card goes into 30 fps mode, while idle , and a very strong drawdown occurs. This is often to blame for the shadows from the vegetation itself, which SCS still cannot optimize.

Posts merged by BenganJ(Moderator)
baneorthodox
VIP

Post by baneorthodox » May 6th, 2021, 10:39 am

As you can see from my specs (in the signature) i have a very good computer. FPS drops from 60 to 30 are everywhere and they are present also in the SCS part of map. FPS drop is happening when there are multiple vehicles and NLS does it's thing.
But sometimes these drops comes without obvious reason. As i stated before i played Witcher 3 with same settings (4K ultra) without problems and version 1.39 of ETS was flying. So with 1.4 thats that.
System: Windows 11 PRO
CPU: INTEL Core i9-9900K 3.60 Intel® 1151
MB: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE
Memory: Kingston HX432C16PB3K2/16 x 2
Graphics: ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING
Forza Gamer 777
PPM

Post by Forza Gamer 777 » May 6th, 2021, 10:42 am

baneorthodox wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 10:39 am
As you can see from my specs (in the signature) i have a very good computer. FPS drops from 60 to 30 are everywhere and they are present also in the SCS part of map. FPS drop is happening when there are multiple vehicles and NLS does it's thing.
But sometimes these drops comes without obvious reason. As i stated before i played Witcher 3 with same settings (4K ultra) without problems and version 1.39 of ETS was flying. So with 1.4 thats that.
My FPS does not drop at all both on the standard map and on others, and if it does, it is not lower than the playable one. You don't need to enter the Roex at all at night, then you won't leave :laugh3:
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » May 6th, 2021, 11:44 am

Now the map is causing overexposure. I dont know how to do that even if i want to. But its ok, 1.40 has no problem, it was a perfect update, some maps are just "overbrighting" things up.

Yes, some parts of Roextended are loaded to the limit because i want real city atmosphere and real feeling beeing in a city. What you think is "great " performance in SCS or other maps, its exactly related to this or other "tricks".
Look at Roextended cities, then look, REALLY LOOK!, to the cities where you feel great about your FPS. In some maps you have some kind of white sheets next to the road, with some blue squares. If you think those are buildings, fine by me. You dont have a lot of demands about a map design.
I did a second test on another map and please go there by day. Look around. You will understand. Off course ignore the error flow, like i did.

SCS had sorted out that problem by not making ANY city. WHAT? Yes. The city is scenery and the companies are on one street or 2.

Second, i test my map with no mods. Sure, when a map is not simple and it has a little bit more demands than a naked one, your mods will show their weakness. You want custom trucks with 4k textures? Sure, go ahead. You want graphic mods where the grass is not 126 kb anymore but 12 Mb ? Go ahead. You want real traffic density? No problem, use any mod.
But where do you think this things will show the flawness? In a city with one street and some low-Minecraft-pictures around you, sugesting some buildings? Or in a map with 3D cities? So.....you blame the map?

I have EXACTLY NOTHING TO DO IN ROEXTENDED. I have problems in former Turkey territory, yes. I will try to solve parts of it. I still have some tweaks to make on Roextended. But from here to "oh, is the only map i cannot play" ...its a long road.

I am tired to explain what you think "its a map problem", when this map worked fine before 1.40. And, as i have said before, go play other maps. Enjoy the low-poly-Minecraft roads, or houses next to the road, and cities who have one 2D building and 2 trees.
Roextended is NOT mandatory. Its optional.

PS: i am working for 3 days now to MANUALLY place echo sounds in EVERY bridge and tunnel from the map. Why? Because SCS is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn good on updating things. And i bet with this new UPDATE (taking screenshots in game
:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:
:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: )

we will have to manually place the sun on the sky in the next version.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
Forza Gamer 777
PPM

Post by Forza Gamer 777 » May 6th, 2021, 1:31 pm

Arayas wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 11:44 am
Now the map is causing overexposure. I dont know how to do that even if i want to. But its ok, 1.40 has no problem, it was a perfect update, some maps are just "overbrighting" things up.

Yes, some parts of Roextended are loaded to the limit because i want real city atmosphere and real feeling beeing in a city. What you think is "great " performance in SCS or other maps, its exactly related to this or other "tricks".
Look at Roextended cities, then look, REALLY LOOK!, to the cities where you feel great about your FPS. In some maps you have some kind of white sheets next to the road, with some blue squares. If you think those are buildings, fine by me. You dont have a lot of demands about a map design.
I did a second test on another map and please go there by day. Look around. You will understand. Off course ignore the error flow, like i did.

SCS had sorted out that problem by not making ANY city. WHAT? Yes. The city is scenery and the companies are on one street or 2.

Second, i test my map with no mods. Sure, when a map is not simple and it has a little bit more demands than a naked one, your mods will show their weakness. You want custom trucks with 4k textures? Sure, go ahead. You want graphic mods where the grass is not 126 kb anymore but 12 Mb ? Go ahead. You want real traffic density? No problem, use any mod.
But where do you think this things will show the flawness? In a city with one street and some low-Minecraft-pictures around you, sugesting some buildings? Or in a map with 3D cities? So.....you blame the map?

I have EXACTLY NOTHING TO DO IN ROEXTENDED. I have problems in former Turkey territory, yes. I will try to solve parts of it. I still have some tweaks to make on Roextended. But from here to "oh, is the only map i cannot play" ...its a long road.

I am tired to explain what you think "its a map problem", when this map worked fine before 1.40. And, as i have said before, go play other maps. Enjoy the low-poly-Minecraft roads, or houses next to the road, and cities who have one 2D building and 2 trees.

PS: i am working for 3 days now to MANUALLY place echo sounds in EVERY bridge and tunnel from the map. Why? Because SCS is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo damn good on updating things. And i bet with this new UPDATE (taking screenshots in game
:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:
:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: )

we will have to manually place the sun on the sky in the next version.
Ok, but errors in lightning only in your map. It's not you mistake, it's SCS fail, but we need fix for that. You universal Fix give us a lot of errors in log and HUGE FPS drop:

Without fix:

FPS becomes playable, but you have to forget about normal lighting

EDIT:
Arayas wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 11:44 am
By the way, about the plasticine roads. Well, I don’t know if it’s nice to ride along Rusmap, or in the Southern Region. It's strange that there is nothing lagging there, although in the same St. Petersburg or Krasnodar there are a lot of assets. And your map is obligatory, because it is not very fun to travel from Romania to Krasnodar through Belarus. She is adorable in appearance, but has many nuances.

Posts merged by BenganJ(Moderator)
baneorthodox
VIP

Post by baneorthodox » May 6th, 2021, 1:55 pm

The game is for driving, this is not a flight simulator
System: Windows 11 PRO
CPU: INTEL Core i9-9900K 3.60 Intel® 1151
MB: Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ELITE
Memory: Kingston HX432C16PB3K2/16 x 2
Graphics: ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX2060-O6G-GAMING
Arayas
Site Admin

Post by Arayas » May 6th, 2021, 2:13 pm

Forza Gamer 777 wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 1:31 pm
Ok, but errors in lightning only in your map. It's not you mistake, it's SCS fail, but we need fix for that. You universal Fix give us a lot of errors in log and HUGE FPS drop:

Without fix:

FPS becomes playable, but you have to forget about normal lighting
Now, you just became FUNNY, regurgitating Promods Discord conspiracy theories maded for naive fans.

The ULFIX, IS LITERALLY the copy/paste of the UNIT folder of original game. So.....SCS files are hurting your game? :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:
The "blue" ones are suplimentary, placed there TO KILL the light of some Blue models buses.

Do you have any other bullshit spoken somewhere else to clarify?

You may ask: "Why is needed then?" Because Roextended as many maps has some UNIT files edited for our needs.
Sience SCS just alter things and their WIKI is not updated (is not updated for FMOD, why to expect for unit files?) i left the old definitions are they were at the moment....a bad decision after all, but even today this things are blury. So....placing ORIGINAL definitions above all maps will reinstate the ORIGINAL definitions.
ImageImage Image
support@roextended.ro
www.roextended.ro
BenganJ

Post by BenganJ » May 6th, 2021, 2:18 pm

@Forza Gamer 777

Please, AVOID double posting, EDIT your post right above instead!
This is NOT Discord, it's a forum!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
Forza Gamer 777
PPM

Post by Forza Gamer 777 » May 6th, 2021, 2:28 pm

Arayas wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 2:13 pm
Now, you just became FUNNY, regurgitating Promods Discord conspiracy theories maded for naive fans.

The ULFIX, IS LITERALLY the copy/paste of the UNIT folder of original game. So.....SCS files are hurting your game? :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:
The "blue" ones are suplimentary, placed there TO KILL the light of some Blue models buses.

Do you have any other bullshit spoken somewhere else to clarify?

What the f#ck is a discord chat, I don’t sit on chats in ds at all, I was just driving around the map and noticed this sh#t. I don’t know what causes this in this f#cking game. In addition to the map and this fix, I have nothing else on my profile and did not have it.

P.s.
BenganJ wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 2:18 pm
@Forza Gamer 777

Please, AVOID double posting, EDIT your post right above instead!
This is NOT Discord, it's a forum!
Sorry, i dont SIT IN DISCORD!!! :grin:
Last edited by Forza Gamer 777 on May 6th, 2021, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.